Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FussyDutchman View Post
    Thanks for the feedback MNIAW (can I just call you Wharfy?), sounds like they are worthy of a try.
    I've been called much worse.

I'm becoming a huge fan of the products made by mags. The Colorado Freeride System jackets and now these gloves...good stuff and has to result in good karma also.

Thanks for the reminder, need to place my order. Size run true in your case? I need a xl in BD's but Marmot xl's are on the big side.

Won an Antero II from Mike last year, high quality gear that quickly became my go to. Planning to grab another this season (yeti white wasn't the best choice for hiding dirt/tree scuffs) to support the mag made products. Hope he starts making a line of pants in the near future.

Got my gloves this week. I've got a pair of size 8 Hestra XCR 3-fingers, and ordered the large FTP per the website's suggestion. Fit feels similar to the 8 Hestra. Insulation on the FTP seems much more substantial, which was my biggest complaint with the XCR's; just not that warm. I'll be really surprised if the FTP's aren't significantly warmer. I want to say that the large feels a little snug, but the site says to expect the leather to stretch some, and the insulation to pack out a little, so I don't think it will be an issue. I usually run between a medium and a large, depending on MFR, (med in a Marmot) for whatever that's worth.

Also ordered the FTP leather balm, and applied liberally. Seemed to improve the leather's flexibility immediately, bordering on dexterous as fuck, but need to run some tests in sub-zero temps before publishing findings.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

Thanks Bend. I went back and noticed MNIAW's fit comments in his original post and went with the xl's to be safe. If I remember right, last time I tried on hestra's I was a 10 so sounds like I made the right choice.

Mags,

Thanks for your comments. It’s tough getting started, so we really appreciate all the kind words for our gloves. The whole concept of Free the Powder Gloves is a better priced quality ski glove for serious skiers, like the TGR Community. But we have an even better deal: we have a supply of long cuff gloves that have minor spot marks in the leather that we’re going to offer to the TGR Community for $39.99. Learn more and see photos at our Mag Deal page. Go to our homepage and click on the TGR icon at the bottom.

Free the Powder Gloves

Hot knife spots? Sweet matching kit this yr. count me in

Just received my order of FTP gloves. Great feeling glove that I am sure are going to be warm. Been using the same pair of Old REI gloves for 10 years and figured the frostnip was too much to handle anymore. Highly recommend em! I bought the long cuff, only feedback, would prefer the cuff portion to be a little more roomy. {Personally I like riding with my jacket tucked into em, in order to make that easier i would dig a bit more room there!

me

PS; Thanks for the awesome stuff with the delivery FTP!!!

Any Alberta maggots want to split shipping on gloves? I'm back in a week. Or someone else can start this? I'm in for a size 8

Quote Originally Posted by freethepowder View Post
    Mags,

Thanks for your comments. It’s tough getting started, so we really appreciate all the kind words for our gloves. The whole concept of Free the Powder Gloves is a better priced quality ski glove for serious skiers, like the TGR Community. But we have an even better deal: we have a supply of long cuff gloves that have minor spot marks in the leather that we’re going to offer to the TGR Community for $39.99. Learn more and see photos at our Mag Deal page. Go to our homepage and click on the TGR icon at the bottom.

Free the Powder Gloves
    Trigger pulled. Thx.

Happiness is a warm....glove?

Accoutrements acquired.

Thanks
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Free the Powder greatly appreciates the support from the TGR Community.

Here is a direct link to the Mag Deal page

Mags,

Free the Powder Gloves
    Thanks, pair ordered!

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    Any Alberta maggots want to split shipping on gloves? I'm back in a week. Or someone else can start this? I'm in for a size 8
    I'd be up for a pair of mitts when they become available.

^ Lemme know if you have some marks on the mitts I'm waiting on...

Be very stoked if you guys could offer a model of your glove with a very very very thin durable liner stitched in. I'm talking so thin that it basically isn't a liner for insulation, just comfort against a raw leather inside. Most times I would wear that shell alone, but sometimes I'd then use my own $5 liners, or homeless liners left over from expensive brand gloves who's shell failed after 30 days.
    Life is not lift served.

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    haha That's one of my "ridge rat" ski partners at the Can and for full disclosure I'm a "team Member". He prides himself on being a bit of an oddball, but is a stand up guy and pretty damn funny as well....

The catalyst for him starting the company was his annoyance of overpaying for ski gloves. He wanted to offer a glove that could match the quality and comfort of other premium gloves without having to fork over $100+.

This is the first season of production. Last season he gave a bunch of pre-production gloves to patrollers and everyday skiers to put through the ringer and they held up very well. The gloves have Good supple leather, are very warm and comfortable, and they stayed dry and breath well. As of now there are only two styles, gauntlet, and non-gauntlet. I prefer NG but the gauntlet is stout and wont bunch up.

I'll talk to him about possibly offering a TGR code if a few of you are interested.

http://www.freethepowder.com/

I tried them on at Ullrfest and they are indeed fucking sexy! Cant' believe they are only $59.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Quote Originally Posted by neck beard View Post
    Be very stoked if you guys could offer a model of your glove with a very very very thin durable liner stitched in. I'm talking so thin that it basically isn't a liner for insulation, just comfort against a raw leather inside. Most times I would wear that shell alone, but sometimes I'd then use my own $5 liners, or homeless liners left over from expensive brand gloves who's shell failed after 30 days.

This reminds me... I told you I'd get you a pair of Ninja Ices and I have not. Shoot me your shipping addy in a PM when you get a minute.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    trigger pulled
    ya need a nutter nonathelete bum maggot on your team
    i'd send ya a resume
    but being on a team
    aint sumthin i need to go skiin every day
    thanx 4 mag hook up
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Mags,

Free the Powder Gloves
    Just ordered! Thanks for the Mag deal

Free the Powder greatly appreciates the support from the TGR Community.
    Ordered. Also as a programmer, thanks for making your checkout/payment process not suck. Warms my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by mbillie1 View Post
    ...thanks for making your checkout/payment process not suck. Warms my heart.
    I noticed that - nice.

Quote Originally Posted by mbillie1 View Post
    Ordered. Also as a programmer, thanks for making your checkout/payment process not suck. Warms my heart.
    +1 very impressed with the courtesy and professionalism with which the transaction and correspondence. Thanks for the mag hook up.

just did some xmas shopping +1 on the smooth and classy transaction

Shame there's no shipping love for the euros - really like the look of these. Would also be interested in an unlined version of the gloves and/or mitts, should they become available in euroland.

Looks pretty sweet and hard to bitch about the price. I'm sure it is an over seas manufacturing set up but that is no easy feat, especially for a start up. I also bought a pair of Astis last year. Those are great but to hot for non-storm days. Looking forward to the short cuff-no need for a cheapass code. Long cuff is The Gayest.