Summer Internships?

Hi all,
    I'm currently in my junior year at the University of Puget Sound, studying business and economics. I'm starting to look into internships for next summer, as the big companies (Boeing etc.) are beginning their hiring processes for the summer.
    I'm looking into some bigger companies, but also wanted to check in and see if there are any smaller or outdoorsy companies that may have available positions for the summer.
    I'm up in Tacoma, WA for school and call Boulder home when I'm not. Either location or relocating are all options (although I probably wouldn't move for an unpaid position).

I'd love it if anyone has input on good places to look, companies to check out, etc.
    Thanks!

bump

Quote Originally Posted by sklar View Post
    University of Puget Sound,
    Iggyskier and I are alumni. I might have some opportunities at the USEPA in SF, he might have some opportunities at ON3P. Definitely go to his site and check it out. PM me if you are interested in a couple months at the USEPA unpaid. It counts towards federal service, but I would really recommend a major change and lowering your salary expectations if you want to work at the Federal Government.

Now that I am thinking about it, there may be a few other UPS Alumni here that have good opps for you. I know that Lexi Dowdall works for Backcountry.com IN SLC.

Here is my advice, don't JUST look for a summer internship. Try to get something where you can continue on doing some work during the school year and pull in a modest income monthly. I ran my own business while in college and made a bit. I would recommend that you use your professors and other resources there to start a business and work for success, but feel safe to fail in the low risk environment of the University. Maybe microfinance at the university level for students to start their own companies. You can incubate businesses and get some local venture capital from alumni with returns. Work off the microfinance model and give students small loans with group accountability to insure your investors a return (5% over 1 year or 10% over 3 years). You can do it, there is a market for it.

Thanks for the reply, I've got lots else going on, so don't worry! The advice is still appreciated.
    Looking like I'll be working for Evo this summer, should be a good gig

Sage over on Bainbridge has internships from time to time. If you fish its cool, if not BI kinda blows.

PM me dude. Seriously.
    Someone once told me that I ski like a Scandinavian angel.