20 Years Since Under The Table And Dreaming

An upfront "I don't care what you say or think" is probably necessary here since most here will associate the band with a group of their fans instead of the music. That being said it's pretty interesting to see what's become of one of the band and some of these well written retrospectives from good places: (read what the articles say then comment, I guess...)

http://www.theatlantic.com/entertain...0806/#comments

http://www.relix.com/articles/detail...portant_record

Makes me think what a great era of music the 90's were, despite at the time lamenting much of it... That said, while I started a big Dave fan, I too fell out of favor with their schtick but found myself falling right back in several years later... again because of the music... and shows.

Your thoughts?
    I still call it The Jake.

The phrase "..willing to tour as hard as the Grateful Dead’s Deadhead hordes..." distills the objectification of popularity so 'in fashion' to deride as does "...will fear to be outed as not solely limited to Zappa fans...".
    Last edited by Buster Highmen; 09-29-2014 at 11:26 AM.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Never really been grabbed by his/their tunes but he has surrounded himself with excellent musicians over the years. Had the chance to see his group a few times. They certainly play with energy and feeling. That makes for a good show.

Hard to believe that was 20 years ago.

Seems like just yesterday my buddy from Richmond came back to college talking about this great band he saw play all summer.

Saw them many times. Most memorable was when they opened for Rusted Root in Pittsburgh for RR's CD opener show for When I Awoke. Awesome show. DMB opened for them since RR normally was their opening act.

I lost interest in them after college, but have recently been listening again. Brings me back.

I always really enjoyed their live shows and still listen to "Live at Red Rocks" on occasion. Like others I also drifted away from listening to them, but no matter what your opinion of the DMB is - Carter Beauford is a fucking clock.