Recommend me some bindings.

I need a recommendation for alpine bindings. They are going to be used on a pair of RPC and Lotus 138. Holes should either overlap or not interfere at all with Dynafit Radical FT. Skier (me) is 186 cm (a bit over 6'1), 190ish pound, depending on how much I hit the gym. Like to ski fast.

I have a pair of Tecnica cochise pro light, and would prefer if these fit into the alpine binding as well.

.. So... you're using inserts then?
    "The world is a very puzzling place. If you're not willing to be puzzled you just become a replica of someone else's mind." Chomsky

"This system make of us slaves. Without dignity. Without depth. No? With a devil in our pocket. This incredible money in our pocket. This money. This shit. This nothing. This paper who have nothing inside." Jodorowsky

Quote Originally Posted by Swine View Post
    .. So... you're using inserts then?
    Yes, I have inserts on my RCP, mounted with Dynafit Radical FT. Also have a pair of R2 122 mounted with guardians. Had a plan of taking of the guardian, remount it with inserts and drill inserts for the guardian on the RPC and 138 as well. But honestly, they are just to much of a bitch to unmount and mount all the time, so I rather leave them on permanently and get a different pair to use with inserts.

I mean, I'm partial to FKS/Look, but I use a plate from Jondrums. I'm not totally sure about hole overlap.
    "The world is a very puzzling place. If you're not willing to be puzzled you just become a replica of someone else's mind." Chomsky

"This system make of us slaves. Without dignity. Without depth. No? With a devil in our pocket. This incredible money in our pocket. This money. This shit. This nothing. This paper who have nothing inside." Jodorowsky

Will the Look bindings work with my Cochise boots? Without changing swapping tech for DIN soles all the time?

Oh... you don't want to do that, gotcha. Uh, I swap soles, I think some guys are grinding down the tech sole and making it work, but you'd have to do more research. Sorry, I have no first hand knowledge on that one.

I would prefer not to swap soles, if possible. If there no new pow over night, I tend to go touring, just a short trip, before I hit the resort. Didn't happen to many times last winter, cause it was snowing all the time. But that isn't likely to repeat this winter...

Don't know about hole overlap, but Lord SP or Warden would probably be best with your Cochise tech soles.

Shifting the mount point by .5cm should make Salomons work, if I remember right.

Ok, so if I suck it up and swap for DIN soles when on alpine bindings. Anyone know what kind of bindings that will give me good space between the holes then? I'm sure it has to be plenty of people swapping between dynafits and alpine bindings? no?

Thanks for help so far. Much appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by LiveLarger View Post
    Ok, so if I suck it up and swap for DIN soles when on alpine bindings. Anyone know what kind of bindings that will give me good space between the holes then? I'm sure it has to be plenty of people swapping between dynafits and alpine bindings? no?

Thanks for help so far. Much appreciated
    Dynafit Radical + Look/FKS work well together. The heel units don't come anywhere near each other. The toes:

And I might have some p14 or p18 new and cheap too

I use PLUM Guides with Marker Schizo's on some skis and Guides with Dukes on other skis. The adjustability of the Schizo toes makes it work really well but I'm also fine with having my Dukes off by a bit. I don't put my touring boots into the Schizo's, so I'm not sure that's the solution for you. Swapping my bindings is not a pain but I don't do it in the parking lot, that's for sure.

I don't know if the Radicals are the same way, but my Guides and Verticals are rather picky about the alignment so they take more effort when putting them on skis than my alpine bindings do. Your alpine binding choice doesn't really affect this, though.

I'm sure it has to be plenty of people swapping between dynafits and alpine bindings? no?
    Well yeah, but a lot of us wear different boots in our alpine binders.

Marker Lord and Salomon Warden are the ONLY choice if you want fully certified release characteristics with your AT soles.

Lots of people either grind down or just jam in their tech soles into other alpine bindings. It is totally up to you whether you feel safe doing that or not. The manufacturer won't approve, but they don't approve of people running their DIN higher than the chart says either, which plenty of us do.

Or swap the soles and use any alpine binding you want with no worries.

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    And I might have some p14 or p18 new and cheap too
    How much?

This has been covered ad nauseam. This place is getting SOFT.

SEARCH JONG
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

Quote Originally Posted by shafty85 View Post
    This has been covered ad nauseam. This place is getting SOFT.

SEARCH JONG
    And you are late to the party. STFU!

How much?

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...rakes-for-sale