Should I remount/boot question

I'm rolling with some 186 Rossi Sickles as a one ski quiver. At the moment they are mounted at +2 on a ski that already has a pretty progressive line. They are fun to play around with but are feeling a little short, especially in soft snow.

Another issue I have is that my boots have a fairly aggressive forward lean (Atomic Burner 120) and I have a bit room between my shins and the tongue before I really engage the boot. What is the best way to help with this? Pad the tongue? Will Intuition Power wraps help with this? Also, is there a good way to tone down the forward lean a bit?

I would like to address the boots first, but am afraid that I will still have to remount. Thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by bite me View Post
    Texas is better than Hell? Maybe I'm not familiar enough with Hell, but it would be hard to imagine it being worse than Texas.

I would definitely address the boots first. (Always)
    HTML Code:
    https://youtu.be/hhVylFtE2YE

Not sure what liner that boot has, but I have the Redster which has a very padded tongued stock Sidas liner. I tried my p-wraps in them and I was swimming above the ankle. They are medium volume p-wraps. I prefer the stock liners in these.

And Sickles/S6 never felt good mounted off 0 to me. But I'm not spinny flippy.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Boots first. I have my sickles mounted at the rec line and love them. I'm pretty small though only 135lbs. I haven't ever felt there isn't enough ski in front of me at high speeds or biggish hucks and they spin and ski switch pow so well. A very good choice for 1 ski quiver. Rossingnol make this ski again!!

Can you move the teeth in to another hole inward on the cuff? I have to do that sometimes on boots.
    The description says they have adjustable forward lean, but it may just be one of those velcro spoiler jobs. Those can actually really help take up volume and keep your knees over your toes. It looks like they sorta come with a Booster strap already, so that's nice.
    It's not the forward lean of the boot that's throwing you off, it's your leg banging around back and forth. If you can't move the ratcheting teeth things inward to another hole, you might try one of these.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

You may be in the wrong boot. Address that 1st as others have said.

Remount shouldn't be a problem. Try going right on the 0 mark.

Yeah, it has one of those velcro spoilers. What are your referring to when you say the ratcheting teeth? On the strap? For the buckles?

I have a hell of a time getting these things on, but when I'm in them they are comfy and snug (except the upper cuff). I don't necessarily over tighten the buckles, but its pretty damn hard to tighten them down on the notches I normally run them on. Even then I don't feel them really tightening in the upper cuff. (narrow feet, ankles, etc.)

Boot adjustments have to happen regardless. Now I'm mad that I decided to mount them forward. I don't wan't to keep putting holes in these, especially since they don't make them anymore, but its not like I'm gonna sell these things so I guess its not a big deal. I'll have to see what options I have for hole alignment. I've seen other threads about mounting points on Sickles I can reference.
    Texas is better than Hell? Maybe I'm not familiar enough with Hell, but it would be hard to imagine it being worse than Texas.

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    Pull the spoiler out of the back, tape it to the tongue of the boot. Its an easy, reversible way to try a more upright stance without spending any money.

Stucky is referring to moving the ladder (the part the buckle catches on) farther inside so you can buckle the boot tighter. There's a few holes on that boot, if you still can't get it tight enough on the inside one, you can drill another hole and bump it over farther. Or get some Eliminator tongues, run your power strap inside the shell, etc. Deal with your chicken legs first, then see how the ski feels.

another option is do up the velcro power strap on your boot between the liner and the shell (add a booster, over the shell, if needed)

this will snug the tongue up to your leg a bit

This is a job for

BOOTYFITTER!
    watch out for snakes

What's this upright stance shit everyone wants? Your knees should be out over your toes regardless of conditions. That and all this soft floppy rocker on "expert" skis seems like the industry at large is making skis for shitty skiers.
    Hands in front!
    No longer stuck.

I guess it makes waiting in line at the bar easier.
    No longer stuck.

Hands in front!
    QFT +1

What's this upright stance shit everyone wants? Your knees should be out over your toes regardless of conditions. That and all this soft floppy rocker on "expert" skis seems like the industry at large is making skis for shitty skiers.
    Hands in front!
    The issue is that I'm not engaging the boot, not trying to attain an upright stance. That was a really good attempt man. Keep trying, maybe you'll get the hang of it when you hit that 20k mark. Nobody's claiming to be an expert here, but if you want to settle this with a Chinese Downhill I'm game.

Moving the ladders has very little chance of helping. I was thinking of running the strap on the inside, I will definitely try that. I'll get new boots eventually, but I don't get to ski much anymore so trying to get some more life out of these bad boys.

I went to full tilt and it solve the problem. I have small calfs and ankle but 10.5 foot. Power wrap is awesome and can be had in group buy for $125, certainly a cheap fix

Buckles should be removable with bolt and can be moved to next hole
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Quote Originally Posted by Wired2theT View Post
    The issue is that I'm not engaging the boot, not trying to attain an upright stance. That was a really good attempt man. Keep trying, maybe you'll get the hang of it when you hit that 20k mark. Nobody's claiming to be an expert here, but if you want to settle this with a Chinese Downhill I'm game.
    Fyi, a close friend of Stucky's tragically died from too much forward lean, go easy.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Sorry, w2tt, wasn't aiming that at you, but don't call me a dbag the say moving the ladders in won't help. If you have space to do it, you should. I've fit a few skiboots before. Not in a while.
    Walked into a ski shop today to fondle some shit I can't afford. Nordica tails still feel like shit. Heldorado, not so much, but it's quite a bit heavier than the Patron. Bodascious looks siiiiick, but a little heavy. Every mount point at 0 or the "classic" line looked about 1cm too far forward, but I may have been imagining things.
    No longer stuck.

I have really skinny calves and my boots had thin liners--hard to get the top snug enough. Power wraps definitely helped a lot in that regard--not even on the last ratchet any more. They also made the stance enough more upright that I needed a small heel wedge

Power strap on top of the liner inside the shell is definitely a good (and free!) first step, works way better with a Booster though, IMO.
    Last edited by PlayItLeo; 09-26-2014 at 09:44 PM.

You can shim the binding toe to reduce ramp angle (similar in effect to reducing fwd lean, though not exactly the same), if it's not already flat. I haven't had a ton of luck with a PW filling up volume in the calf/shin region; I would have a bootfitter build up the tongue instead.

Just some ideas. Oh, and don't listen to Stucky.
    Last edited by auvgeek; 09-28-2014 at 09:38 PM.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Sorry, w2tt, wasn't aiming that at you, but don't call me a dbag the say moving the ladders in won't help. If you have space to do it, you should. I've fit a few skiboots before. Not in a while.
    Likewise, not trying to come at you. I have already played with moving the ladders. I still have rungs to go that I can't reach.

It's not a matter of rungs to go. It actually changes the way the cuff closes and makes it smaller, kinda stiffer too. If something about it doesn't work for you, then it's pad up the tongue time. And that booster thingy power strap will probably do better for you up against the liner. Is that a split in it, or something? It's almost like it's supposed to do both.

Shut up, auv!
    No longer stuck.