Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I think you just need to deposit $500.00 not keep a balance of $500.00. My office is directly across the half from the financial assistance office for our town, lots of people don't have a checking account and use western union.. ect to try and pay bills. Over draft fees kill these people, I know $35 seems like not so much but to some its a week worth of food. Or a payment to the electric company. It sounds to me Walmart wants some of those processing fees every time someone use the card walmart get 2% or whatever. A local chain gas station started offering a card that attaches to your bank account when you do so you save .10 per gallon, its worth it to the gas station because they don't have to pay the bank card fees.

I bet the people with a Walmart account also will shop at Walmart saving Walmart probably a large amount of money on processing fees (whatever they are called).
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by skajah View Post
    You've got to have one single (dead) braincell to think Walmart is worth walking into.

Fuck that shit.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using TGR Forums
    fewer assholes than a skishop.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    You've got to have one warped yuppie perspective to think Chase more upstanding than WalMart.
    warped yuppies are the essence of TGR, just read that Miata thread
    memorized gear trivia = "expert" on TGR

No mention of min. or average balance as someone stated- you just have to have a way to deposit $500 in direct deposit if I am reading correctly. Use the debit card to withdraw $499 of the funds after they hit the account. That could be Social Security, payroll, or some other "regular" electronic deposit. I am sure there are going to be interest for the account just because of the nsf overdraft by some Wallyworld regulars. Could be some added fine print that is in the contract when the account is opened.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenshowers View Post
    There is so much wrong with walmart in the US and Canada. However, we (consumers) are the idiots that keep supporting them.
    Speak for yourself.
    "These are crazy times Mr Hatter, crazy times. Crazy like Buddha! Muwahaha!"