Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    With a 1pm start time, who knows. I just can't see myself surviving much past 8pm if there's an open bar. I'm not a great day drinker as DoWork, NJFree, Radam etc can attest to. My eyes go to half mast and I start peeing off of chairlifts and taking off clothing at inappropriate times.
    It's not tragic to die doing what you love.
    http://www.flickr.com/pearljam09/
    http://pearljam09.blogspot.com/

Long range forecast for Oct. 18 looks clear... maybe we need to change the date?

And I am starting rumors of a possible Earlywood and Snowsprite appearance...

Moeghoul and MPPG's famous spiked cider!:

Ski Pron:

Hollow logs!:

Bacon!:

Nihiles???:

Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Neufox looks so deep in thought

More hollow log

Breakfast time for the fuzzy heads

Get off the sidewalk and on the bus!
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

I know everyone really likes the whole roasted pig, so I'm trying to work one last supplier and should know when the call me back tomorrow.

I'm more than happy to contribute money to the pig even though I don't eat pork. Which brings me to my next point. Anyone bringing any none pork food?
    Magic Mountain Freeride Team...bringing your grom's game to the next level.

The only ski you'll ever need...http://worthskis.com/skis/the-magic/

"Errare Humanum Est"

Put me down for rice^^^

www.apriliaforum.com

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by PearlJam09 View Post
    With a 1pm start time, who knows. I just can't see myself surviving much past 8pm if there's an open bar. I'm not a great day drinker as DoWork, NJFree, Radam etc can attest to. My eyes go to half mast and I start peeing off of chairlifts and taking off clothing at inappropriate times.
    Dude there better be nothing but ginger ales and shirley temples until your feet are on Glebe... Or forget it, I trust your better half to deliver your hammered self to the motherland.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    I know everyone really likes the whole roasted pig, so I'm trying to work one last supplier and should know when the call me back tomorrow.
    You are the man, dood. Thanks for working on this!

Quote Originally Posted by njfreeskier View Post
    I'm more than happy to contribute money to the pig even though I don't eat pork. Which brings me to my next point. Anyone bringing any none pork food?
    There's lots of non swine items. The whole pot luck food situation ensures a wide variety of stuff. Krp's flat top sounds choice for an onion/squash/zucc fry-up to me, and it just isn't a fire without some foiled corn in there sizzlin'. On that front I should probably just bring a massive massive load of wings instead of bacon tips too.

Food is my last concern though. I am stoked you guys are coming! It's going to be such a great year, I can feel it!
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

PIG ORDERED! If anyone wants to make a run with me on Friday afternoon (Oct 17) to Ascutney, I'm looking for a co-pilot. Or if anyone is coming down I-91 toward L'derry and can swing in, I'll make sure it's paid for.

MNIAW - please check your PMs for my paypal account info and amount.

I go to my butcher today and get some bad news. The shipment with my belly got screwed up. Long story short I can't get my hands on the stuff to make bacon. I am so disappointed. There is a silver lining to the story, though. I will grind up a couple of pork shoulders and make a nice batch of sausage in its place.

As per request I will also be bringing some pies, pumpkin pies for dessert. How are we with sides should I make some apple cole slaw as well?

Quote Originally Posted by NmbrdDays View Post
    I go to my butcher today and get some bad news. The shipment with my belly got screwed up. Long story short I can't get my hands on the stuff to make bacon. I am so disappointed. There is a silver lining to the story, though. I will grind up a couple of pork shoulders and make a nice batch of sausage in its place.

As per request I will also be bringing some pies, pumpkin pies for dessert. How are we with sides should I make some apple cole slaw as well?
    This is sad news.

I may be able to help, though. Plans are in the works for a delivery of about 10 lbs of bacon to the greater Boston Metropolitan Area tomorrow, in preparation for Ullr-fest. Hopefully, that'll offset some of the pain?

Off the grid for a while but back on using my phone (I'm a total Luddite). I'll pay Peruvian and then folks can slide me the cash day of. Let's just say $10 per head and any extras will go to a worthy cause (Peruvian's tip jar). Please don't bring me 1,000 pennies.

Bring freezer bags for the leftovers because there will certainly be some.

Really psyched about this one especially if PJ09 makes it.

jgb@etree Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
    This is sad news.

I may be able to help, though. Plans are in the works for a delivery of about 10 lbs of bacon to the greater Boston Metropolitan Area tomorrow, in preparation for Ullr-fest. Hopefully, that'll offset some of the pain?
    Bummer that you can't make it, but the bacon will make rolling out of a tent usooo much easier on Sunday AM!

Will iceman be delivering directly & joining in on the festivities, or handing off the swine to BigDaddy for the last leg of the trip?

Quote Originally Posted by jgb@etree View Post
    Bummer that you can't make it, but the bacon will make rolling out of a tent usooo much easier on Sunday AM!

Will iceman be delivering directly & joining in on the festivities, or handing off the swine to BigDaddy for the last leg of the trip?
    As luck would have it, I have to be in Brunswick, ME for a wedding this weekend, so I'm flying Logan tomorrow. BigDaddy has graciously agreed to meet me at the terminal for some sort of weird pork-drop scenario. I'll be leaving the bacon, and potentially some bratwurst (fresh, but frozen, meaning that you have to cook them carefully - they're not pre-cooked.... get 'em to 160 to be safe), if I've got room in my bag.

Here's a sample of my wares:

I had planned to be able to give them more time on the smoker, but work has made that tough. I hope they'll be a reasonable proxy on my behalf.

This is sad news.

I was a sad panda when he told me. Things happen, I can't be too mad. I have a 12 lb shoulder and I'm looking for another. I'll have something it it's not the same as bacon...... Too bad to won't be joining us, the bacon will be treated properly!

Imma be like

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1412959817.132170.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	144.3 KB 
ID:	158924
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

2014 EC ULLRFEST THREADZZZ

As luck would have it, I have to be in Brunswick, ME for a wedding this weekend, so I'm flying Logan tomorrow. BigDaddy has graciously agreed to meet me at the terminal for some sort of weird pork-drop scenario. I'll be leaving the bacon, and potentially some bratwurst (fresh, but frozen, meaning that you have to cook them carefully - they're not pre-cooked.... get 'em to 160 to be safe), if I've got room in my bag.

Here's a sample of my wares:

I had planned to be able to give them more time on the smoker, but work has made that tough. I hope they'll be a reasonable proxy on my behalf.
    Ladies and Gentlemen, the bacon is in the building.

CA,
    Last edited by BigDaddy; 10-11-2014 at 09:10 AM.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Dammit! I knew I should have stayed at BD's until this went down!
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

I'll be bringing a chunk of this guy. I probably wont be there until lateish.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1413044485445.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	104.4 KB 
ID:	158942   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1413044525361.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	79.3 KB 
ID:	158943  

Nice ^^^. I'll sign on for eggs, how many have we used in the past?{paging BD}
    www.apriliaforum.com

Ottime

Maggots! Got a little update. We are all good to go, the mountain is excited and we are primed for a fantastic event once again!

Also I went to the chainsaw festival with RG and we saw the coolest thing ever- check these out!

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1413208008.540923.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	921.2 KB 
ID:	158987

They're burn-thru carvings and they are so cool... Talked to Barry P about making us a fatty one for Ullrfest and we got him down to $150. Anybody wanna throw down? That would look sick with some holes for skis on top- Ullr would love it!!

jgb@etree Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1413208008.540923.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	921.2 KB 
ID:	158987

They're burn-thru carvings and they are so cool... Talked to Barry P about making us a fatty one for Ullrfest and we got him down to $150. Anybody wanna throw down? That would look sick with some holes for skis on top- Ullr would love it!!
    I'll put $25 towards a chimney to please Ullr.

Quote Originally Posted by jgb@etree View Post
    I'll put $25 towards a chimney to please Ullr.
    I'll match that- or go as high as $50 if need be. These things are COOL! Also I think we could harass Barry P into coming to the fest. It seems right up his alley!

I'm in for $25. Small investment for a big snow year...

BTW, was walking on the hill today and saw testing going on for the Red Chair. It was moving smooth as glass.

Gman is offline Mack Master William Large
    I'm in for $25

jgb@etree Guest
    2 more, and we've got a chimney!

Gman, I'll bring the hat that you left at my house ~2 years ago.