Does Park City have any gnarish terrain?

I know this seems like troll attempt but Im I really want to know.

A buddy invited me to a his place and he skis Park City. I checked out their map and they seem to throw a double diamond rating on anything ungroomed. So either the place is dope or not so much.

I don't know the guy really well and I cant take spending good money and time skiing weak ass terrain.

If there is gnar, what part of the resort is it found, conversely if there is not where do I need to coax dude to go? Ive never skied with him before and I dont want to say," this place sucks lets find something else"

Jupiter Bowl and the Peak are pretty fun. It's certainly not flat or boring.
    Best part of PC is the tree terrain, especially some of the aspen groves by Thaynes and Motherlode.
    If you find the gnar lacking, it's an easy drive to LCC or Snowbasin.

knowing you dude, i'd say there is little to no gnar there. some semi steeps, but not gnargnar gnar. convince him to drive over a few canyons.

Pretty soon it's PCMR is going to be better than gnar. It's going to be a game changer, a nonstop thrill-ride spanning 7,000 acres conveniently located next to the canyons that get a lot of snow!

Just go to Snowbird and tell him it's business, not personal.

Daly chutes when it's icy is about as gnar as it gets over there.
    Johnny's only sin was dispair

I had fun there for a powder day. It was a little bit of a relief from the 'competition' pow days at alta and bird... the mad dash to get the goods. Not saying I'd pick it over LCC or BCC, but it was cool/gnar enough for a day.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

No. But go for a day, then hit Snowbird /Alta / Solitude.

Jacob's Ladder on the 9s, and the East face of square are as gnar as it gets in P.C., so go battle the rockstars on Silver Fox and Wilbere Chutes.
    Last edited by schindlerpiste; 09-22-2014 at 02:39 PM.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Ask him if he ever skis at Alta/Solitude/etc. and if he wants to go there while you visit. Does he still get free days with his PMCR pass at other Utah places, or did that end with Vail taking over?

Lots of the world greatest skiers grew up skiing there, so it can't be that bad

I thought that was Deer Valley

On the Deer Valley note, it's kind of underrated. Some fun chutes and small cliffs there - much better terrain than I was expecting.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Deep View Post
    Daly chutes when it's icy is about as gnar as it gets over there.
    Had to google: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyVxjYBKUwg

Does anyone know that Jackson patroller at 2:10ish? I want to know if he's serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhelihiker View Post
    I don't know the guy really well and I cant take spending good money and time skiing weak ass terrain.

If there is gnar, what part of the resort is it found, conversely if there is not where do I need to coax dude to go? Ive never skied with him before and I dont want to say," this place sucks lets find something else"
    Better find out how he skis or rethink it. Going skiing for a week with somebody you didn't know well and haven't skied with? PHS factor [Potential Horror Show] = 97%