Volkl Three / K2 Powabunga... new FATS for 14/15

Did any one get on these during the spring demo days, or any of the BGR guys down in New Zealand or South America, and while were at it, what else is ALL-NEW in the fats/super fats for 14-15, talking all new models not improved or continuations, got to hand flex both tonight, the three seems stiff, the powabunga less so but not as noodles as the old hellbent, also has a much improved (imo) turn radius at 25m, the three is insane at 50 something radius, what else is out there in the 125+ range, blizzard spur, wondering if that is just going to be a wider cochise/katana or playful and fun...

just sold older bent chetlers to buy some new powder boards for this year, got money burning a hole in the old pocket.
    Do I detect a lot of anger flowing around this place? Kind of like a pubescent volatility, some angst, a lot of I'm-sixteen-and-angry-at-my-father syndrome?

fuck that noise.

gmen.

Why does it have to be a new model? Saw the powabunga in person too, not too impressed. Why not look at something like the Praxis Protest? Proven to be awesome...

As mentioned, Praxis Protest
    ON3P Pillow Fight
    ON3P Cease and Desist
    DPS 138
    Armada Bubba
    Armada Magic J
    Blizzard Spur is a new ski, not a cochise/bodacious
    Line Sick Day 125

Liberty genome
    Dyna Cham 127
    Head bone shaker (cheap as hell and rules)
    +1 for protest
    Moment ghost train
    Tons of options, find whatever's a good deal.
    But no, it probably has to be new right, cause it will turn you into such a gnarly skier

It's not that I might not want to be on an older model it's just that the spur the three and the powabunga seem like availability could be limited and so if you want a pair it might be wise to by now you can always change your mind as winter approaches and get something that's in higher stock because it's not Brand new, plus the thread was Aimed at skis that haven't already gotten there time on here, I've owned bents kuros genomes and wrens etc, but there is a lot of info on all those above and more the new super wides for this year i can't seem to find many reviews or info on
    Do I detect a lot of anger flowing around this place? Kind of like a pubescent volatility, some angst, a lot of I'm-sixteen-and-angry-at-my-father syndrome?

fuck that noise.

gmen.

Your requirements are a little odd, but I would throw the Magnum Opus in there... And great you get the latest and greatest now and pay $900 for the Spurs and next year you pick them up for $500... Never understood getting the latest and greatest for top dollar...

I sorta thought the fatter-the-better circa 2010 fad was over with the introduction of different rocker camber profiles and tip and tail shapes and all this crazy new technology...

136mm waist? Really? Is there an overlooked niche? Low angle tree runs on storm days maybe?

Spurs are $800 @ evo.

Yeah Spurs are $799. Doubt you'll
    find too many leftovers next year. There weren't many produced and there are no more left for retailers in the US. What's in the stores now is all until next year.

They are a ton of fun. They charge but are really easy to maneuver and feel light on your feet. Stabile and easy.

I agree the fatter the better fad may be over except when you have a big quiver then why not have a set of super fats, "Johnny likes skinny girls but he never turns Down a fatty"I agree on the magnum opus, just wanted one place to talk about big pow boards that haven't already been discussed

fuck that noise.

gmen.

There will not be any left over (Spurs), but my point is Rens were the hottest thing on this site and Mags were paying close to 800 hundo for them... I bought brand new wrapped 196 Rens shipped to my house for $312 last year... Way to many great skis out there (last years Shiros $329) for pennies on the dollar... No doubt the Spur is the shit, but not for what they want... Next season they will be mass produced...

Volkl Three / K2 Powabunga... new FATS for 14/15

Blizzard Spur looks super sick...a lot like the good squad.

Doesn't seem like an apples to apples comparison to a fat pow ski though...

And no...no fat chicks.

Sorry, I'm drunk right now and I can't figure out how to delete that post on my phone.

^ drunk guy want to take back post and will really want to take back the fat chick he wakes up beside.

Fat chicks rule!

Not necessarily "all-new" in the super fat category but Moment brought back the COMI this year. Quiver ski no doubt but come on, the 192 with the swallowtail?...bad ass. I have the 186 with just the twin. It's really fun, unsinkable, easy to ski on groomers. It's just a lot ski to be draggin around a resort all day. That said If there's any left of the this year's batch on sale next summer I might need to do something dumb.
    Last edited by Shu Shu; 09-21-2014 at 09:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianColesIsSexy View Post
    ^ drunk guy want to take back post and will really want to take back the fat chick he wakes up beside.
    Yeaaaahhh that was fun.

Anyway, so, fat chicks. Continue...

I was thinking the moment banana chipotle looked pretty sweet too, I'm just bitter cause I can never afford that much. But last year I got new boneshakers and solly sentinels both for <$200!

Love my empire 127. Cheap, quick and stable
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Quote Originally Posted by whyturn View Post
    Love my empire 127. Cheap, quick and stable
    When is the karencito up for sale? Wanna compare the two? While we're on the subject of fatties.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

I can compare megawatt (blue version), karencito and empire

Megawatt is a Cadillac which rolls over everything and is very easy. It's also really good on groomers. It's not the quickest in trees but great in glades and alpine

Karencito is very similar but lighter. The weight difference sacrifices some crud for a little more quickness. It's also fatter (133) underfoot so when I was in Rettalalck with 5 feet of fresh I was not struggling like others

Empire is very loose and quicker in trees but it is only a 183 so versus 188 megawatt and 191 karencito it is not fair comparison exactly. But style wise it's more new school and continuous rocker. Karencito and megawatt are almost flat with massive nose rocker. So empire floats and slices but the nose is lower so off pops and logs more finesse is required.

Groomer performance is good but the fact that it is a little better in trees is why I went with empire overall.
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Bumping this. Two and three are really cheap on eBay right now. Anyone actually skied the three?
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?