Colorado Best Rides

Hey, I'm heading to Colorado this weekend for a 10 day trip all over the state (west of Denver at least), and am looking for some recommendations for the best rides. I know the Fruita area already, so preferably some alpine rides, and not downhill specific/lift served. Thanks!
    So hot right now

Emerald Mountain trail system in Steamboat Springs.

Colorado Best Rides

Set up in driving order, this is what I'd do:

Buffalo Creek, Kenosha to Georgia/Breckenridge, Monarch Crest, 401, 409, Cement Creek Tour (Reno, Flag, Bear, Deadmans, Cement Mountain, Roaring Judy, Unnamed, Can't Remember Last Trails Name, Road), Doctors Park, Molas Pass to Cascade Creek, Kennebec to Junction Creek, Hermosa Creek, Engineer Mountain, Fruita, West Eagle (Abrams Ridge, Worlds Greatest, Tic Alley, Elk Drop, Star Wars, The Plunge, House Rock), Two Elk, Jones Pass to Herman Gulch, Trestle Bike Park

More than 10 days though, and you'll likely need a rest day or two. Some of these are 30+ milers. Set up a shuttle where appropriate. For 10 days, I'd probably focus on the southern half of that tour.
    Last edited by Lindahl; 09-19-2014 at 06:41 AM.

I'd say pick some locations out...
    You say you know Fruita.. Have you ridden lunch loops in GJ?
    Are you looking to go all the way down near Durango?
    Lindahl lines out like a few days worth in CB alone...
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Lindahl's list is pretty spot on. I highlighted the ones that are particularly noteworthy, though I've not done all the ones I didn't highlight.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post

Buffalo Creek, Kenosha to Georgia/Breckenridge, Monarch Crest, 401, 409, Cement Creek Tour (Reno, Flag, Bear, Deadmans, Cement Mountain, Roaring Judy, Unnamed, Can't Remember Last Trails Name, Road), Doctors Park, Molas Pass to Cascade Creek, Kennebec to Junction Creek, Hermosa Creek, Engineer Mountain, Fruita, West Eagle (Abrams Ridge, Worlds Greatest, Tic Alley, Elk Drop, Star Wars, The Plunge, House Rock), Two Elk, Jones Pass to Herman Gulch, Trestle Bike Park

More than 10 days though, and you'll likely need a rest day or two. Some of these are 30+ milers. Set up a shuttle where appropriate. For 10 days, I'd probably focus on the southern half of that tour.
    A 10 day trip would be epic that hit Durango, CB, and Fruita. Nothing else needed.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I will say though, Aspen/Snowmass, Salida, and Steamboat areas are pretty amazing as well...
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

no argument there. Summit County too. Lots of amazing biking, and picking a few of these places will surely lead him to awesome rides. I just think CB and Durango are just a wee awesomer.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    .......Molas Pass to Cascade Creek, Kennebec to Junction Creek, Hermosa Creek, Engineer Mountain, ....
    Plus the CT sections between Cascade and Kennebec, including old Stagecoach Road or Hotel Draw to Hermosa Park or up East Fork from Lizard Head.

The there's Phil's World......
    Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Add TGR handle to notes & paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR

plus one for scummit county, also teocali (sp?) is imo awesome, as is 401 and everything is crested butte is awesome, fruita is obvious and awesome
    Do I detect a lot of anger flowing around this place? Kind of like a pubescent volatility, some angst, a lot of I'm-sixteen-and-angry-at-my-father syndrome?

fuck that noise.

gmen.

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado

Blackhawk Pass did not suck this morning.

I feel that everything between Molas and Durango is pretty fucking awesome, even the HAB on Indian Trail Ridge.

if you want elevation, you'd better hurry:
    http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/product...ctions/814day/
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs