Thread: No Finish Lines

No Finish Lines

So this is a little vignette I cut this past Sunday. There's a bunch of drama I won't get into but I don't give a shit. I did what I could in a day. Open to criticism (I didn't shoot anything for this but was on set).

Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

OK, OK, let the freaking pats win again.....
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

amazing feedback

the video is awesome and captures the spirit of the idea well. I imagine any work you had to do to make the dialogue coherent probably felt like polishing a turd.

Pretty cool! Well shot and composed. What's this for? I guess my only suggestion would be to cut it down in length a bit, seems like some of the themes (nothing can stop us, you need only to follow us, we have lots of history) are repeated several times, perhaps redundantly.
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

For both of you.

I was rather unfortunately given no leeway in the audio edit. The director sat with he sound person and did the audio edit (pacing and mixing) and I had to fit to that. Unfortunately, with lack of good b-roll, some places feel real long. They're stubborn as fuck. If I had my druthers it would be a full minute shorter. I'm going to do my own edit for myself that I actually like.

New Amsterdam teamed up with 48-hour filmfest for an invite only competition. http://www.48hourfilm.com/itsyourtown/

I had a day to cut it and we couldn't go back and shoot what they missed previously. For what we got, I think it is ok. I really want to stabilize some shots, do a grade pass and recut it to shorten it the hell up.

Thanks guys!

Looks great, S... What city is this? I want to live there.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

^^^^^^^ I laughed !
    Yup, Sure makes me want to move to Vancouver alright.
    Seems like a great city of diversity, wherever it is.
    Its' about 4 minutes too long.
    In my honest opinion, it seems a bit choppy at first, but what do I know.
    Otherwise, nicely done.
    What if "Alternative" energy wasn't so alternative ?

Yeah, I think for a day and with strict confines of what you could cut it's pretty good.

There's definitely some room to tighten it up, do some color work, etc.

My real feedback is that I watched the first two minutes and didn't know what it was about. Could be my short attention span with baseball and football going on in the background, but nothing sucked me in immediately.

Well executed on your end, I think. I'd be interested to see the new cut.

Only thing I would criticize is: The opening snare drum...too much snare, or just bring it down a notch.

I'm also not a fan of forced diversity, which might have been going on here.