PSA - Nikiwax will wash and apply DWR to your gear for FREE ( i piece per year)

Get one piece of gear cleaned and new DWR per year:

http://www.nikwaxna.com/gearrehab/#services

Scroll down to the Rehab Form
    You Will Respect My Authoritah!

Wow, that's actually pretty awesome. Might have to send my old jacket in and see what they can do.
    Outlive the bastards - Ed Abbey

I like how they mention not to send in skis or snowboards....i wonder how many they received?
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

Thats pretty nice of Nikwax but with the cost of shipping wouldn't it be easyier/cheaper to just clean your stuff in the washer & buy a bottle of spray-on DWR with which you could do several pieces?

And BTW IME doing some actual testing (ran out 1/2 way thru a treatment) nikwax/grangers/revivex all work about the same
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    Thats pretty nice of Nikwax but with the cost of shipping wouldn't it be easyier/cheaper to just clean your stuff in the washer & buy a bottle of spray-on DWR with which you could do several pieces?

And BTW IME doing some actual testing (ran out 1/2 way thru a treatment) nikwax/grangers/revivex all work about the same
    I was thinking the same thing.

X3. Although it looks like they put some work into those FlyLows. Couple bottles, a brush, some elbow grease, done. They may have some tricks/expertise though and I might send in my fall work softie once winter is on.

For Nikwax its great PR they hope everyone will be smart enough to realize its a giant hassle to send a garment in to be washed and cheaper to just buy a bottle and do it themselves

then it will be just like when you offer to help some one move or something shitty and they decline, you didn't do anything but ... you look great

ps: I bet they just wash the stuff and thro it in a big vat full of the wash-in product, I personally use the spray-on only

Washing yer gortex and spraying or soaking it in Nikwax product is not rocket biology ,
    Last edited by XXX-er; 09-18-2014 at 01:00 PM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

While it's not really necessary or cost effective, their before & after pics are insane. The next time I fucking slay a piece of gear like that I'm totally sending it to them to handle haha
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

For the Record
    sent a pair of gore tex pants - USPS - 6.45 from SLC to Seattle.

Know a bunch of mags jumped on this last year. I have a jacket with a big 'ol piece of pulley grease I wanted to send in last year, but things just slipped by.

Thanks for reposting this. I am definitely going to be sending it in this year. Guessing it is going to be less than $10.