Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: F'ing Texas

F'ing Texas

Not that I needed any more reason to dislike the state I've recently moved to, just spent 2 hours at the DMV waiting to get a license and didn't have all the proper documents, F! Apparently current license from WA, current registration, proof of insurance and passport aren't enough to prove I am who I say I am, guess I need a SS card too.

Another reason to hate this state...end of rant.

You definitely don't want to move to California if you don't like waiting at the DMV. My son says Wisconsin is pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    You definitely don't want to move to California if you don't like waiting at the DMV..
    The appointment system works very well in California. I've never had a problem or had to wait at the busiest DMV when I've had an appt.

Pfft, I remember as a kid in Ohio you needed 4 types of ID and you couldn't use your old ID and a passport to cover 2, you could only use one.

Did you offer a blood sample?

Discussion for another thread: How do illegals get licenses or permits in states like CA? Surely they have no papers? Also, I find it funny that we require all these forms of ID to get a legal DL, but we (the collective) shit our pants when someone suggests we provide just one form when voting for those who will govern us - again, topics for another time.
    I still call it The Jake.

Did you not look at the website for the required documents? It's pretty fucking simple. I live in Mckinney and have yet to wait in line for DL, registration etc. Don't like it here move the fuck out we already have enough Cali folks moving here every day.

[QUOTE=BmillsSkier;4309907]Pfft, I remember as a kid in Ohio you needed 4 types of ID and you couldn't use your old ID and a passport to cover 2, you could only use one.

Did you offer a blood sample?

Ohio was a royal PIA for that stuff!

Yeah...but your governor is dreamy and smart.
    They think I do not know a buttload of crap about the Gospel, but I do.

Think you mean fucktard and closet homosexual.

It's not the most awesome place but it's a great area to raise a family and do outdoor stuff year round. Well except ski but Taos is an 8 hour drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Trashcan View Post
    Did you not look at the website for the required documents? It's pretty fucking simple. I live in Mckinney and have yet to wait in line for DL, registration etc. Don't like it here move the fuck out we already have enough Cali folks moving here every day.
    California real estate is desirable and therefore expensive. Economic losers need to live somewhere undesirable with cheap real estate. Texas is just that kind of shithole. Welcome to the 21st century.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    California real estate is desirable and therefore expensive. Economic losers need to live somewhere undesirable with cheap real estate. Texas is just that kind of shithole. Welcome to the 21st century.
    Gee thank for the education! I had know idea

I, for one, was going to open a business in Texas until I heard about the CRAZY regulations in regards to the DMV.

Texas: Open for Business?

Pfffft.
    They think I do not know a buttload of crap about the Gospel, but I do.

Laughing at the guy on a ski forum who moves to Texas and is then surprised he finds things he doesn't like about it.

Hey guy. You moved to Texas. Get used to teh suckage. You guys had a mild summer, too. Just wait til NEXT July and the a/c in your car or house craps out. Then you'll forget all about the DMV.

I think Texas is a shithole, too, but you need your actual, physical SS card in NY and Ct. to get a licence too, even if you have a passport. Thank you, 9/11 highjackers, thank you. Save a virgin for me.

Knew what I was getting myself into when I moved to the great state...actually is a great place to raise a family, was just in a post DMV pissed off mood. Also was at the DMV office in Mckinney, had the brochure on what to bring but didn't read as well as the website I later find out...

On the flip side, with the invention of the internets, you'd think there's be an easier way than a physical location. Looking at the man hours in that place along with the cost of real estate I would think there's a cheaper version.

Wait, TGR is a ski forum?

My state NH we have this dumb voter id law. To calm all the people that said they did not have ID or could not get one they have made it super easy to get a non drivers licence from there the sky is the limit.
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

I kinda like Austin but I guess thats not really Texas. Vermont DMV kicks ass btw.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    Laughing at the guy on a ski forum who moves to Texas and is then surprised he finds things he doesn't like about it.

Hey guy. You moved to Texas. Get used to teh suckage.
    this.

This thread is amusing as all this DMV bullshit (specifically renewing your license for new residency, etc) is now what everyone goes through in every state, due to Federal regulation.

So continue to hate Texas for all the right reasons, but this one isn't one of them.
    Live Free or Die

I tried to get a new drivers license when I first moved from Butte to Troy. Got to the DMV, line up was too long, so I decided I will wait until 2019 when my license expires.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoke
    Cell phones are great in the backcountry. If you're injured, you can use them to play Tetris, which helps pass the time while waiting for cold embrace of Death to envelop you.

Just posting in this thread because I hate Texas.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Trashcan View Post
    Well except ski but Taos is an 8 hour drive.
    Well, even the New Mexicans look down their noses at you while they take your money.

Hey, I resemble that remark!! Fucking Texans.

Quote Originally Posted by philth View Post
    I kinda like Austin...
    Aww, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Just posting in this thread because I hate Texas.
    I concur, and I'm from there.

this thread needs +++ VIBES BRO