Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    compared to the days of totally anonymous boater talk posting and the sniping on TT which could make you want to slit your wrists

TGR is nothing
    Wow, boatertalk, haven't thought of that one for a while...like since the 90's?
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

rec.boater.whateverthefuk was way moar hostile than boatertalk could be in my wildest dreams.

Some of those people make creakass look like a little old lady.
    watch out for snakes

Eventually the trolls turn places like this into their own playpens. I'm really bored of guys like DBT and ILC smearing their own feces in their hair and calling it freedom of expression. The trolls weren't nearly so numerous six years back. Now this website is getting dragged down by a dozen or so self-appointed conservative "voices of reason" who seem to have all the time in the world to spend on TGR. The padded room and political asshattery seemed like a good way to segregate the full time trolls from the other threads but it wasn't. Really, it was encouraging a festering sore to develop; it gave the angry loser trolls a TGR home and a sense of TGR legitimacy. They can't live the dream in the mountains but they'll spend 24/7 on TGR arguing, trolling, spreading their self-loathing and generally being a waste of skin. Genuine wit is down to a bare minimum. Meaningful discussions, almost as rare. Why does TGR need to encourage this shit by giving it a special home? I say dump the padded room, political asshattery and ban everyone whose posts in those forums exceeded 50% of their total posts.
    Last edited by neckdeep; 09-17-2014 at 04:58 PM.

^ are you saying that advice on hooker and blow should be in teck talk?

Quote Originally Posted by neckdeep View Post
    I say dump the padded room... and ban everyone whose posts in those forums exceeded 50% of their total posts.
    Well, that's me. Bring on the Ban-hammer!

PR has been around pretty much as long as Ski/Snowboard and longer than the "Other Sports" (Sprocket Rockets, Surf, Fishing,Kayak) and other sub-fora btw. If we're going to try to raise the "stoke" level I say get rid of the TR forum. I never got why we needed that to be separate.

PolyAss was mostly created to keep the Padded Room clean of that stuff, not the main forum.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by neckdeep View Post
    Really, it was encouraging a festering sore to develop
    I'd say that's about right. Hey, the polyass trolls are convinced TGR loves them. Maybe they do. meh, think it's more representative than anything else. what people want to do is belong to a circlejerk.

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    Well, that's me. Bring on the Ban-hammer!

PR has been around pretty much as long as Ski/Snowboard and longer than the "Other Sports" (Sprocket Rockets, Surf, Fishing,Kayak) and other sub-fora btw. If we're going to try to raise the "stoke" level I say get rid of the TR forum. I never got why we needed that to be separate.

PolyAss was mostly created to keep the Padded Room clean of that stuff, not the main forum.
    Werd.

Quote Originally Posted by creaky fossil View Post
    yeah why did TTips have to go tango uniform, I loved reading the preachy, Tele-For-The-Hippie-Pose pwogtard sermons

no decent Irish Wake for TTips means TTippers migrated to TGR and became New School Maggots with the pwogtard viewpoint solidly intact
    I would happily attend a decent Irish wake in exchange for my access to TGR.

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    Wow, boatertalk, haven't thought of that one for a while...like since the 90's?
    BT was the start of my descent into internet hell when the corporation told me to become "E-ccentric" and use the interent as a tool, of course it wasn't long before I had a bookmark list of ski/paddle bike web sites and almost zero IBM shit, they eventualy canned me but they had to pay me severance as well as full retirement and it was all their fault

some people think XXX_er means XXX rated but of course the really hep people know the XXX was a just a radical kayak
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    BT was the start of my descent into internet hell when the corporation told me to become "E-ccentric" and use the interent as a tool, of course it wasn't long before I had a bookmark list of ski/paddle bike web sites and almost zero IBM shit, they eventualy canned me but they had to pay me severance as well as full retirement and it was all their fault

some people think XXX_er means XXX rated but of course the really hep people know the XXX was a just a radical kayak
    If I recall correctly, you were a fairly prolific and enthusiastic poster on TTips.

Doesn't TGR in some shape or form make money over the number of page visits? If one were to eliminate a good portion of the page visits to the site by eliminating Polyass and PR, that would be a good thing?

So if you can't resist rising to what you believe is troll bait or at least have a sense of humor about it, my guess is the ensuing 3 page dialog is actually beneficial to TGR financially.

After all, there's only so many people doing ski mounts...over a summer.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Perhaps he gets a cut?
    his trust fund doesn't deliver enough each month?

Totally... the dividends have been awful lately.
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

A full quiver of '14/15 indie skis isn't chump change, even on proform. Plus keeping the party and hot tub going 24/7 isn't cheap either.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    If I recall correctly, you were a fairly prolific and enthusiastic poster on TTips.
    Yes after the BT phase came the TT phase and about 7yrs ago I developed some self respect and went Dynafit

Necro bump.

Interesting. XXXer I kinda remember you from Boatertalk. Did you actually work for the forum? Wasn’t Eric Princen or something like that the owner?

Lots of old school forum rats banging around, Ttips, Mountainbuzz, Boatertalk, TGR, each had their heyday.

I'm not dead yet.

I feel much better.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    I'm not dead yet.

I feel much better.
    Perhaps you should go for a walk.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Deadman in jeans.

When is your next pickup?
    Last edited by SB; 02-25-2023 at 06:44 AM.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by lowsparkco View Post
    Interesting. XXXer I kinda remember you from Boatertalk. Did you actually work for the forum? Wasn’t Eric Princen or something like that the owner?

Lots of old school forum rats banging around, Ttips, Mountainbuzz, Boatertalk, TGR, each had their heyday.
    I never worked for BT or any website, Eric Princen was the owner as far as i knew and he seemed like an ok guy

Like I said earlier I was working for IBM so I just went out and fixed a lot of HW veliy fast veliy cheap which i liked, until they told me to become E-ccentric ( their buzz word of the year) when i found it was way more fun to wank about on BT and TT than do anything useful cuz wtf is a break/fix hw guy gona do with a working computer ?

and by the TGR phase I had already been forced into retiring

I'm now a has-been kayaker cuz i can't sit in a kayak, sold all the boats even the seakayak, almost a has-been skier
    Last edited by XXX-er; 02-25-2023 at 12:43 PM.

Name:  NecroThread.jpg
Views: 311
Size:  50.8 KB

So, slightly alive and well preserved?
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

There's a big difference between mostly dead and all dead.

This place is on life support