SG race skis, $125 each, incl. bindings: Rossi 195cm 5-14din & Atomic 209cm 10-18din

[SOLD]
    Details here in the pictures and captions:
    https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/1...12454874394833

The $125 price for each pair (including bindings) does not of course include shipping, which would be pricey:
    • Atomic weighs 19lb 2oz (more than my five lightest alpine touring setups), so probably pushing ~22lb w/ box.
    • Rossi weighs 13lb 8oz (still than my four lightest alpine touring setups), so probably pushing ~16lb w/ box.

Alternatively, if you’re driving through I-91 for VT or NH, stopping by our house in Mass will take you only ~15 minutes total out of your way.
    [SOLD]
    Last edited by Jonathan S.; 03-10-2015 at 10:08 AM.
    Mo' skimo here: NE Rando Race Series

Already on page 8 -- busy time of year for Gear Swap!

Will consider selling the Rossi FKS bindings separately.

jonathan, what BSL are they set up for currently?

& bump for longboard day temptation

Both are currently set up for a 305mm Dobermann.

However, the Atomic bindings can accommodate pretty much any bsl. The Vist race plates might also have multiple sets of predrilled holes, but I can't remember for sure.

The Rossignol bindings of course have a short adjustment range, but I'm pretty sure the plates have multiple sets of predrilled holt. I can pull off the bindings to check for a specific bsl if anyone is seriously interested.

Whoah, all the back on page 6 -- bump back up to the top!

Rossignol 195cm now sold, but Atomic 209cm still available, along with their Atomic 1018 bindings.

I also realized that I can stay under the length+girth cut-off by sliding the Atomic bindings off their tracks – the mounting tracks will still be screwed down into the brass-threaded Vist plates, and all you need to do is slide the bindings back on (with a picture tutorial from me). So max shipping charge to anywhere in the lower 48 still looks like under $40 (plus $125 for skis and bindings for probably around low $160s total depending on where you live).

Complete description follows below:

Atomic 209cm "DH/SG" skis, although I'm pretty sure it has the >33m SG radius (as opposed to the >45m DH radius that IIRC was marked on the otherwise identical topskin DH skis).
    Purchased "new-old-stock" and then used by me five times in 2007 & 2008:
    - Three very brief "training" sessions on my own.
    - One SG race (Stowe Schuss).
    - One DH training session (Sugarbush).
    At my weight of ~145lb:
    - Seemed just barely turny enough for a relatively easy SG.
    - Absolutely confidence-inspiring stability in a DH corridor despite my own terror at that speed (Spring Fling straightaway at Sugarbush).

Atomic 1018 bindings were purchased used, pulled off some race skis that seemed to have almost no use.
    Mounted on the predrilled very solid VIST plate (not the plate that Atomic put on some versions of this ski, looking more like a part from a kids toy).
    Currently set up for 305mm Dobermann.
    Toe can be set in one of five positions, and the connection to the floating heel has a huge range of adjustment.
    The all-metal heel cups are totally different from the 512 & 614 versions of the Atomic binding at the time.

Rule Long Board Day: Atomic 209cm SG skis + 10-18 bindings are all packed up and ready to ship!

Bump for a rainy (and sleety) day (sigh...).