Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    It is a discontinued item that I bought on industry discount, so doubt they will warranty. And in Japan where I live, consumerism is king: use for one season then buy new, be a fashion leader! People look at me strange when I mention repair/warranty.

I think some companies avoid gortex delam warranty as they claim that you might not have not washed the item frequently enough and the build-up of sweat and body oils caused the delam. "Improper maintenance".
    Life is not lift served.

during early 2000's patagucci used to claim 1% of garmonts were returned, which was their argument backing their satisfaction guarantee policy.... i'm not sure if that figure has continued to be so low.
    Last edited by bodywhomper; 09-15-2014 at 08:51 PM. Reason: typo

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by neck beard View Post
    I think some companies avoid gortex delam warranty as they claim that you might not have not washed the item frequently enough and the build-up of sweat and body oils caused the delam. "Improper maintenance".
    Can't you still warranty it directly to DL Gore? I did in the past, which then gave you your choice of any goretex garment..

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Can't you still warranty it directly to DL Gore? I did in the past, which then gave you your choice of any goretex garment..
    I dont know, but if I can, it is useful. Thanks dood.
    Life is not lift served.

Assuming Hugh means W.L. Gore that's a good suggestion. I've been amazed at some of the worn-to-shit stuff Gore has warrantied. GTX may not be functionally waterproof after a few uses, but at least the warranty is great.

Do stretch-woven softshell bibs exist? And not in the hybrid incarnation from BD and deadbird.

I always have a pack on, and love the way a pack's waist belt feels over low bibs with no belt compared to pants with a belt or other extra material around the waist.

A Theta SV bib, with a cargo or thigh pocket, and made out of schoeller would have me scooting up many a skintrack with a big smile on my face.

MiCol if you make me one, I'll pay you arcteryx prices and write an awesome review about how my balls feel so good that I can ski way better and thus revolutionize ski touring forever.

This may be what you are after https://www.norrona.com/en-GB/Products/lyngen/

Compared to the heavy and stiffer gortex equivalent (Lofoten, which I own) these are so light and comfortable based on shop handling. But I seriously doubt they'd last the 200+ days of use the price requires that they last. The material is just too soft feeling. Maybe I am wrong? I've been tempted.

I'm still looking for stretch weave softshell jacket with no laminate at all, a hood and huge above pack hip belt pockets. And big pit zips.
    Life is not lift served.

What's more breathable - Neoshell or Gore Windstopper softshell?

Said it last year - Marmot Tempo

As for softshell bibs, I find oversized pants hiked up highish with suspenders to be even better - not as hot, and everything else as good as bibs. Outdoor Research Cirques are my faves at the moment. Super burly fabric, but still thin and breathable. Good suspender system. Priced right.

Tempo has low pockets with small openings. No good at all. And no hood.

This one looks better http://marmot.com/products/details/up-track-jacket
    Life is not lift served.

Something I was thinking about--water molecules are bigger than nitrogen and oxygen molecules--which means if water vapor can get out, wind can get in. Which brings up the next question, has anyone figured out a way to test the breathability of a fabric with wind blowing at it?

What's more breathable - Neoshell or Gore Windstopper softshell?

Tempo has low pockets with small openings. No good at all. And no hood.

This one looks better http://marmot.com/products/details/up-track-jacket
    Tempo Hoody, not Tempo Jacket - mine looks just like the Up Track... Looks like it was renamed this year? The Estes Hoody looks cheaper and identical at $135. Thats about what my Tempo was. They also have internal drop pockets, which I love for gloves, hat, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    Tempo Hoody, not Tempo Jacket - mine looks just like the Up Track... Looks like it was renamed this year? The Estes Hoody looks cheaper and identical at $135. Thats about what my Tempo was. They also have internal drop pockets, which I love for gloves, hat, etc.
    Looks nice as well.

I really like large interior mesh drop pockets. Wish they would throw a two-way zipper on these jackets as a default. Mammut uses them and they become addictive after a while.
    Life is not lift served.

Quote Originally Posted by LC View Post
    So I'll be sticking with a stretch-woven jacket from now on. Keeping my eyes open for a replacement that fits better (I need tall & slim). Any recommendations? Sorry for the thread hijack!

Bd dawn patrol lt is pretty slim. I had to size up for the barrel.

Looks nice as well.

I really like large interior mesh drop pockets. Wish they would throw a two-way zipper on these jackets as a default. Mammut uses them and they become addictive after a while.
    Two way zip for what? Harness? I don't do much of that and find them annoying, personally.

Thank you for sharing your personal opinion.

For numerous things, not just harness.
    Life is not lift served.

Thank you for sharing your personal opinion.

For numerous things, not just harness.
    Like? I'm genuinely curious...

Like?
    Like making you tell me that I'm wrong. Again.
    Life is not lift served.

Like? I'm genuinely curious...
    If you wear jackets pretty fitted (I do) then it really helps when recycling the PBR's.