TR: Mike-a-like-a-hike-a-bike

Beaterdit and I went for a walk, then rode down a big hill.

Views for the day courtesy of Mt. Nebo, the ceiling of the Wasatch

After a long section of loose, steep hiking there was a bit of pedaling to be had

That's more like it

The going was good! Destination is the grey peak in the upper left

Just about to the summit

Someone skateboarded to the top and put an Independent Trucks flag up, we both agreed that was a proper move.

A little ways into the 2 or so hour downhill. Woosh!

A little ways into the 2 or so hour downhill. Woosh![/QUOTE] how much pure vert on the down ?

Well it was 4700 feet up in seven miles so, 4700 down I guess. The DH was only interrupted by two short climbs, each less than 100 yards I'd guess. Lots of it was steep enough you were just surfing the loose rock though. Made for some hard hike a bike on the up. And we both needed new brake pads when we were done.

Good stuff!

My idea of a hab is a peddle for beaterdit and his friends so this must be steep!

Quote Originally Posted by beaterdit View Post
    Well it was 4700 feet up in seven miles so, 4700 down I guess. The DH was only interrupted by two short climbs, each less than 100 yards I'd guess. Lots of it was steep enough you were just surfing the loose rock though. Made for some hard hike a bike on the up. And we both needed new brake pads when we were done.

Good stuff!
    Hell yes that's some vert ,love surfing rock, scree ,sand
    all good rides have HAB. Thanks for the TR !!!

looks like a good one

How many times have you been up there now Mike? That was definitely a one-and-done ride for me. Not that I regret making the slog at all, but I don't have much desire to go do it again. Sure is purty up there though, and I assume you didn't see a soul.

This was my 3rd time, each time I had 2 years in between. Not something I wanna do every day but it has an appeal for sure, that ridge is something else and the endless downhill makes it worth it in my eyes. Maybe I'll go check it out again in 2016!

We actually saw a guy hiking it this year, he was cruisin' to the top when we started down.

looks like a good one

Good stuff fellas.
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra