Search function: updates and request for what's still needed-

So the tech team has been working on getting the search function back on track. While that sounds simple, there was apparently a lot more to it than met the eye...

Several things they've adjusted so far include:

* three character searches now work.
    * search results default to chronological
    * basic search only searches thread titles, although posts can be searched using 'advanced search', i.e. clicking the 'forum search' link that's to the left of the search box.

so, what do y'all think? Are those the best default options? Step in the right direction? Other ideas?

I've done a dozen or so trial searches, which seemed to work well, but my dumbass can't figure out if these fixed everything or if there's some other piece of the search function that still needs some twerkin'.
    Thanks mags-
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

bump....thoughts?
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Double bump... we know people have been complaining about this for awhile so feedback in this thread would be much appreciated.
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Doesn't work like it used to for users. You used to (way back when) be able to search via a posters name and select whether you view their posts or the threads they started. If you search for posts by the user, you could filter via complete threads they posted in or individual posts.

So advanced search my user handle and all you will see are threads I started and not individual posts or threads I posted in..

Also, visitor messages are still showing up in the search function. I doubt anyone wants to search for what blurred was posting on TIMVWCOM's profile...
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

What advres said (again). Searching individual posts by user is definitely useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    * three character searches now work.
    Thank you, however TR = two characters
    Life is not lift served.

How about mobile search? Search on my phone does nothing. Google search is still far superior to the TGR search IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    How about mobile search? Search on my phone does nothing. Google search is still far superior to the TGR search IMO.
    This. Are these changes related to mobile search?

The other features mentioned are good as well.

good question- iOS or Android?

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    good question- iOS or Android?
    Android.

Android.
    Which theme are you using?

search function suggestion

why not use a google search within the board? like how I can search my google drive via keywords through the google search fx.

go ahead and tell me that anything in developement here is better than what google can do for the forum. and I'll tell you I see pigs flying.

note: Last Floyd - Roger Waters Radio KAOS show was mid 90's in Cleveland. where I think I saw pigs fly.