Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7
    when online, I weigh 375 lbs and am 4' 9" tall.

see, we can be whatever we want when we're online.

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    You know I'm not spewing bullshit here, this is a fact for most households these days.
    Adiron, way to bring that Greenwald/Friedman style back to the top of the heap.

21.4 and feeling exceptionally fast for 49 year's.
    the older i get, the more i realize how much diet and exercise are crucial to a general sense of wellbeing.
    yoga is my new jam! nothing makes me hurt like that, i like suffering, catholic guilt?
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by creaky fossil View Post
    when online, I weigh 375 lbs and am 4' 9" tall.

see, we can be whatever we want when were online.
    I've heard that somewhere before

http://youtu.be/UE6iAjEv9dQ

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    Cool story man, these but I grew up that way so everyone can do it stories are awesome and prove nothing.

You know I'm not spewing bullshit here, this is a fact for most households these days.

I do think kids can help out more around the house, seems to me thats a lost part of growing up these days where every kid needs to be coddled.
    Yeah, sample size of one and all that.

It's a fact because people are choosing to do other things with their time. That's fine. I ate the occasional fast food meal like every kid did growing up. I still do.

Average American per day spends 27 minutes doing food prep, 2.8 hours watching TV and 5.9 hours doing a "leisure" activity. Seems to me that there is some time in there to not feed kids garbage to the point that they are dangerously overweight in highschool. The whole "there isn't enough time so my kid gets mcdonalds 4 days a week" is just dumb and I think it is well within the grasp of most people to find time to cook a balanced meal.

Of course then there is the problem of trying to get healthy food into schools, which apparently is a liberal conspiracy to dictate what people eat.

And then we could have an entire discussion about how these crappy foods are actually engineered to have the optimum levels of salt and sugar to make people crave them.

Children's Eating Habits
    Increase in average intake of certain foods from 1977 to 2002 among children ages 6-11:

Salty snacks 320%
    Pizza 413%
    Mexican dishes 367%
    Candy 180%
    Vegetables -42%
    Fried potatoes (vegetable subset) 24%
    "These are crazy times Mr Hatter, crazy times. Crazy like Buddha! Muwahaha!"

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I don't really want to get into the merits of BMI, but I think there are lots of people out there who don't think they are overweight merely because they aren't as fat as all the truly obese people walking around.

It puts you in the normal category. Do you think it should tell you you're underweight or something?
    This^^

the BMI may not be not accurate for real atheletes but for the vast majority of normal people it tells doc were you are at but while they can look at you and tell you top lose 10lbs ... there are much bigger fish to fry in america

http://bmicalculator.cc/sports/top-10-nba-player-bmi

this^^ is interesting according to BMI 6 of the top 10 nba players go into the "overweight" cat

http://bmicalculator.cc/sports/top-10-soccer-player-bmi

while only 2 of the top 10 pro soccer players go into overweight cat
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Try a waffle house in the Ozarks, or watch them fuel up on mountain dew at the Cum and Go. Calling them human, man or woman does not feel right. There must be another name for them.

I hope god has better in store for me down the road.

BMI is bullshit if you take it literally. It's not really meant for people who are in good shape, because, well, they don't need it because they're already in good shape. The percentage of people who incorrectly fall into the overweight category is so low that it doesn't matter as far as the overall data is concerned.

When I has a checkup earlier in the week the doc said my bmi was 25 which put me into the overweight category and that maybe I could stand to lose 10#. I was wearing one of those billowy hospital gowns so I guess she couldn't really see what I looked like. I kind of smiled and said I felt pretty good about where I was at. But it was crazy that she'd suggest weight loss based solely on that silly number.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    When I has a checkup earlier in the week the doc said my bmi was 25 which put me into the overweight category and that maybe I could stand to lose 10#. I was wearing one of those billowy hospital gowns so I guess she couldn't really see what I looked like. I kind of smiled and said I felt pretty good about where I was at. But it was crazy that she'd suggest weight loss based solely on that silly number.
    Was she putting the glove on or taking it off at that point?

Quote Originally Posted by char View Post
    Yeah, sample size of one and all that.

It's a fact because people are choosing to do other things with their time. That's fine. I ate the occasional fast food meal like every kid did growing up. I still do.

Average American per day spends 27 minutes doing food prep, 2.8 hours watching TV and 5.9 hours doing a "leisure" activity. Seems to me that there is some time in there to not feed kids garbage to the point that they are dangerously overweight in highschool. The whole "there isn't enough time so my kid gets mcdonalds 4 days a week" is just dumb and I think it is well within the grasp of most people to find time to cook a balanced meal.
    I find these numbers interesting, because when I think through my average day, I don't have roughly 9 hours left over after working and sleeping, and I sure as shit don't have 5.9 hours of "leisure" time each time.
    Last edited by glademaster; 09-12-2014 at 09:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    Same thing happened to me, then I opened the billowy gown and showed her my 20# cocknballsac setup which meant I was 10# underweight. I grabbed 2 lollipops when I left the doctor's office.
    Silent....but shredly.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    I find these numbers interesting, because when I think through my average day, I don't have roughly 9 hours left over after working and sleeping, and I sure as shit don't have 5.9 hours of "leisure" time each time. The only conclusion I can draw is that I work too much.
    The only conclusion I come to is that I work.

I think the wrist measurement is more accurate than bmi.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Was she putting the glove on or taking it off at that point?
    Putting it on. Good times...
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.