Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Hi Bob, lets go blow up fireworks at Frozen with Jarred. Oh wait...time machine...anyone heard from Fred. Is he making it?

makes note: probably should get to SLC and WA on principle. I'm bad at keeping in touch with people. A day of bad skiing with good friends is still a pretty sweet day.

Oh..grumpy weekend powder day guy. I'm on to you also. Yeah, it's busy. Yeah, the powder don't last. Yeah, bevels wrong on your 112s. Should have been here yesterday bro!!! I'm going to work. Too many of you around.

Need a category for the skier turned sledneck crew.
    Spent maybe $150 on lift tickets and gear last year, but threw away a shitload on gas and only ended unstrapping my skis about 6 times out of 30 some days. I'm a complete hack at two winter activities and have no stickers on my truck.

RMSP this 14/15
    I know I'm like fuckin Casper but we should still try to do a little ski around at the Jane. You guys should consider a ski lease. I personally know of a couple of properties. Alternately, I know a few people that have negotiated pre-paying a certain (call it 10-15) non-prime nights at a condo at a pretty discount price.

Quote Originally Posted by PlayHarder View Post
    I think that's call Canadian

Mofro, we gots to chip in on a Foggy Flight so he can get pasted by one of the December PNW faceblasters.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

#6 working towards a #3.

Been riding for 18 or so years. High point of 70s/yr and now doing mostly bc. Las year was something like 20-25 days. But it was productive, got several lines that I've wanted to ski for 15 years. Slowly working up the difficulty.. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1409937357.319610.jpg 
Views:	215 
Size:	205.7 KB 
ID:	157984

Spent about $700 on an airbag, $600 on new split bindings, $350 or so on bd bibs (very happy w these), some $17 one rides to tour outside Brighton, and a few discounted day tickets at the bird. No expenses this year so far, happy with the current setup and a free touring pass to the USFS.
    Last edited by Bromontana; 09-05-2014 at 08:24 PM. Reason: Answering questions of the thread

Definitely a 6 at this point, although worked on the hill years back.

Last winter was low 20s due to wife being pregnant and a shit year in the Sierra. With months-old twins this season, I'll probably be in that range again. In the past, it ranged from low 30s to 70s, depending on the year, until I got badly injured and had a number of single digit years because I physically couldn't ski between surgeries. Last year was the first full season back with no surgery/temporary disability in five seasons.

Last year I spent $450 on a Squalpine pass, plus another $150 on various day tickets. Maybe $100-150 on gear. Need a new pair of touring boots this season and recently got a new job, so the gear budget will increase somewhat. Pass budget went down with a $332 Sugarbowl pass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Sadly, 1 day. Even sadder, I work for a ski resort.
    "You got to express what is taboo in you and share your freak with the rest of us, cause it's a beautiful thing"

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    I know I'm like fuckin Casper but we should still try to do a little ski around at the Jane. You guys should consider a ski lease. I personally know of a couple of properties. Alternately, I know a few people that have negotiated pre-paying a certain (call it 10-15) non-prime nights at a condo at a pretty discount price.
    hell yeah i'm in for laps at Jane, will get ahold of you. my ski lease payments go to my kids college, all the fucking food they seem to consume, and my wife. I get left overs but can support a hell of a ski, bud, and whiskey habit. BUT.... buddy just bought a condo last year at WP so I got that going for me

I bought almost zero new gear for me last year, but spent a good deal on travel, tickets and passes when all was said and done. Utah "family" trip for dirt skiing early Dec, too many days at Stevens when Alp had no snow, Yurp did me right (well, work paid for the trip), a week in Jackson in March for u16 regionals, spring passes both to Bachelor and Hood. Managed to throw in a couple bonus days ripping around Xtal with Buster. I try not think about the avalanche of cash that gets thrown at the kids for skiing and racing, but I knew what we were getting into when I indulged them.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by hawkgt View Post
    hell yeah i'm in for laps at Jane, will get ahold of you. my ski lease payments go to my kids college, all the fucking food they seem to consume, and my wife. I get left overs but can support a hell of a ski, bud, and whiskey habit. BUT.... buddy just bought a condo last year at WP so I got that going for me
    Let your buddy know that you know I guy that remodels the shit out of WP condos.

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    J., hopefully one day we'll get you up here to make the rounds in the PNW.
    $ is better these days so I'll make it.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Let your buddy know that you know I guy that remodels the shit out of WP condos.
    pm sent.....

Lets see... last year it was $400 on one season pass, $700 on gear, a bunch on gas for my car. Spent 16 days on volunteer SP for a pass to another resort, and 100+ days freeskiing/touring. Another $200 filling up my friend's sled and plenty of lost income calling in "sick" on pow days.

#2...........................

I'm a combo of 3,7, and 9.

Got 56 days last year, all in the East. Ended up with a touch over a million feet of vert. Got paid for about 75% of my ski days, didn't pay anything for almost all the rest. Only had one day when I paid (half price) for a ticket. Most of my ski money goes to gear, gas, and grub.

Quote Originally Posted by PlayHarder View Post
    Spent maybe $150 on lift tickets and gear last year, but threw away a shitload on gas and only ended unstrapping my skis about 6 times out of 30 some days. I'm a complete hack at two winter activities and have no stickers on my truck.

That would be me for this coming season.

Had my fill with I-70 traffic, and decided to buy a sled and stay south of 70.

Otherwise have been a storm chaser in CO, with a few WROD days and a few spring slush days. Could get 30+ days in a good year, and barely 20 in a bad year.

Hack skier with some nice toys. Too fat and old for all day, usually first chair and done by 1 or 2.

3,4, formerly semi-9 becoming more of a 6. As such, I'm finding out now how much gear costs. Holy Shit. At least I've got a good job that pays more than I saved on equipment and that I like. Also a little bit of 10 since I am a ski cultist but I'm getting older than the old guys. Not saying I'm Buster as he has his own category but, there are some similarities.

Oh yeah, never answered the first questions. $500 on a pass, skied 60+ days.
    Last edited by GoldMember; 09-05-2014 at 12:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    That's very cool... Is Active Endevours still in Santa Fe? Got that in 1995... Internet was two weeks old. Maybe I got it from you?
    Went out of business in '09. I worked there from '06-09.

I only have two stickers on my car: northern NM avy info site and an IAFF, firefighter union (hopefully to bro down with cops). My gear closet though...

Solid #7 over here. Used to get out to Tride for at least a week every year, but having kids put a serious damper on that - for now...

~ 60 days/nights, ~ 15 of which were skinning the "resort" either after it was open/closed for the day or the season.
    ~ 10-15 of the lift (carpet?) served days were with my kids.
    All on the east coast.... 90% of which were in CT .... most of which were at night.... Decent number of pow/chop/soft snow days/nights (those all count as pits deep pow days in CT )
    My pass to the local bump was $400 and my kid's was $150 (shhh, don't tell anyone I let my 5 and 3 yr olds share a pass). Due to my refusal to pay more than $200 for sticks, I'm usually a gear swap shopper, but last year I snapped up some brandy new skis for me (Surface One Lifes) and kid 1 (Rossi Scimitar JRs) for under $210 combined and mounted 'em up with clamps from the hoard. I'm a cheap bastard (you'd better be if you have tres ninos who want to eat you out of house and home) and I usually bring snacks/pbj's for kids and pbr's for me from home so about the only coin I dropped in the lodge was on mittens one day when I forgot my kid's. Biggest expense was gas, probably dropped about $600 to drive my gas guzzling truck the 20 mins to the hill and back 60x.

So yeah, 60ish days on a hill in CT that's less than 700' vert, rain or shine, day or night, pow or scraped off groomers = core as fuck

edit: most trips to the hill are for 3 maybe 4hrs max, so combine that with the outrageous vert and my pro-rated total comes out to about 3 days in Tride.

Taught about 20 days, some half days with a half day free, and about 15 of freeskiing. Paid for nothing but lunch, beer and gas. Call me a weekend hero.
    Living vicariously through myself.

I'm probably in the 3-4 range. Try to get out 2-3 days a week, more if it's good, sometimes weekends in the afternoon. 60-80 but used to be more like 120 but I still get the good days. Live about 10-15 minutes from the ski area and can usually get out for at least a few hours in the AM. Don't pay much for gear, pass is free. Spend a good amount on travel, usually try to get a few early season trips and in Feb and March I take a week or two and go where the snow is. Can't complain.

And no stickers on the truck for me. Those go on the kegerator.
    Last edited by shredgnar; 09-05-2014 at 12:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PlayItLeo View Post
    Biggest expense was gas
    forgot this one...that's a big one for me too

Leo, Ski Sundown represent or are you more of a Mohawk guy? I've spent some time at those bumps.

You need to add a category for, simply pathetic. Having only skied 8 days last year, I didn't even cover the cost of the pass. At least I didn't buy any equipment last year.