Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    I enjoyed the Semenuk segment and the high speed drift segment...
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Just watched. Good stuff.

I thought it was good...what I saw anyway.

Dunfee - WTF dude! You know better being local! Red Hook sucks balls for showing a movie. The ceiling is low and it's just a conference room...so zero slope or step downs. And the screen was tiny...the bottom was probably at 3'. Venue just sucked. Would like to see the whole thing next time.

I really felt bad for the groms that attended. They couldn't see anything. I sat in the back row just to be out of the way.

Before anyone mentions it...yeah, I DO know better, but my son bought the tickets for me/us for my bday. So overall it was a good night with my boy, but he was a little thrown by the venue also.

Did I mention the venue sucked?

Quote Originally Posted by strawjack View Post
    I thought it was good...what I saw anyway.

Did I mention the venue sucked?
    Yes, it is my fault the venue sucked. I actually picked it personally to smite Rog just in case he happened to attend...

but yeah, sorry about the screen. I was surprised when I found out from a friend that it wasn't going down at the Music Hall. I feel like that's where I've seen the majority of the ski films. Do remember having fun as a little grom at the Poor Boyz premieres at RH back in the day, but yeah, no slope to the venue. Sorry SJ!
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Dunfee View Post
    Yes, it is my fault the venue sucked. I actually picked it personally to smite Rog just in case he happened to attend...

but yeah, sorry about the screen. I was surprised when I found out from a friend that it wasn't going down at the Music Hall. I feel like that's where I've seen the majority of the ski films. Do remember having fun as a little grom at the Poor Boyz premieres at RH back in the day, but yeah, no slope to the venue. Sorry SJ!
    Yeah, they've had flicks outside before and that is a better take because they can put the screen up high. Inside does not work.

Roger still gets mentioned in here...classic. ...And I know you know him a little. I'll let him know you mentioned him when I drop some beer off for the latest bro deal he hooked me with.

So... I liked it more than most MTB movies. Obviously the Semenuk segment was rad (that had to be filmed somewhere on the central California coast, right? Around SLO maybe?), and I liked the one in the forest with the bear as well.