Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Up at mona pow this morning. Wish I could have made it, would still be a little sketch but better then working and daddy day care.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	monapow.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	40.3 KB 
ID:	160676  
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

Sitting in a cafe in Revelstoke waiting for the highway west to open again. Some accident has it closed. Can't see it being road conditions that way, highway is just wet in town. Probably some yahoo trying to make up lost time from crawling thru Rogers pass at 60km

Checkin in here lookin for sledski and tour partners based out of revy again. Just quit job and pulled the midnight move to revy.

^^ In golden, with sled. four 0 three 4 nine seven 6one91 or just luke seed on the facebook world

Quote Originally Posted by skian_ View Post
    Checkin in here lookin for sledski and tour partners based out of revy again. Just quit job and pulled the midnight move to revy.
    In revy , with sled too. brap brap
    Webisodes, Blogs, Words and Photos all right here-------->www.chasingsnowflakes.com

I went for a long drive up north today to a logging that is supposed to be plowed this winter. Unfortunately, they didn't plow it this weekend, so the road wasn't drivable. Instead, we went for a long walk up a logging road, then into some nicely spaced trees. Snow pack was 120cm deep at 1,800m on a SW aspect. There was about 50cm of new snow on top of a crust. We didn't get any higher because of early season legs. We got a few good turns in, but for the most part the snow was a little too heavy and the terrain a little too flat to really enjoy it.

Still, it was good to get back on snow.

Rad Alex!

Went up to the ole Rogers pass today! Really good skiing above 1800m lower down she gets sporty!

From today
    Last edited by Lamothe; 11-24-2014 at 01:27 PM.
    Webisodes, Blogs, Words and Photos all right here-------->www.chasingsnowflakes.com

Nice Alex, they had the logging road plowed across the Mica Dam bridge last year. I wonder if this logging road is of similar quality, I hope so!

well fark!!!

we clearly need to move golden into this thread ...

you guys are killing it and golden-ites are ... well I had shit to do ...
    We, the RATBAGGERS, formally axcept our duty is to trigger avalaches on all skiers ...

Lseed ... wana go for a walk ...

10 km on sled ... skin or shoe from there. vis will be shit. not guna get ridge top me thinks. some thin pow tre laps is my plan.

oh and cabin for warm up n beer drinking ...
    We, the RATBAGGERS, formally axcept our duty is to trigger avalaches on all skiers ...

^^I'd be keen but Im working all week or atleast most of it, hopefully get laid off this week but we will see. Still have to sort out a trailer for my 4runner as well Next week though I should be free and supa keen

Fucking stupidnew uploader.

Some serious nukage lately. Some ops almost at 2m alreadyl Stoked for the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by el hefe View Post
    Some serious nukage lately. Some ops almost at 2m alreadyl Stoked for the weekend.
    Yup- storm totals should be in the 1-1.5m range when this is done. Mother Nature making up for the late start! Tis the season!

We will be tunneling up someplace this weekend on the sleds. Should make for an epic.
    Last edited by teamdirt; 11-26-2014 at 08:19 AM.

40cms on the storm board in Sol Mtn on the Monashees side by 8am this morning. Should be more in the Gorge.

This is making me want to drop a bunch of money on split gear and get out there. I've been trying to get some riding in but I'm not left with many options in kelowna

Knee to thigh deep with no base in the Rossland area. Just ski-able if you know what's underneath.

Over 1m at Silver Star since Friday. Looks like rain up to 1600m-1800m tomorrow for opening day. Going to be a lot of disappointed skiers tomorrow with all the hype I am seeing this morning. Hopefully it doesn't rain but I never understand why people can't look at a forecast properly. Crossing my fingers it holds just cold enough for the gorge this weekend.

EDIT: looks like the latest forecast isn't calling for the warm until late Thursday. Might be pretty good tomorrow at SS.

Lee, doesn't look like this dump tracked north enough for the gorge, mustang only got 8cm and revy a dusting. It is just hitting there now.
    Last edited by el hefe; 11-26-2014 at 01:06 PM.

I'm on mancation with wife/kids in Ottawa for the week and looking to scratch that itch and get out for some winter fun... the coast is ok up high, but still really early conditions down low and sub-alpine is acting like a barrier to the alpine for sled/touring access. Walking up to Whistler peak from the lifts the last couple of days has lost its luster. Wondering if it's anymore game on out your way with all that new snow?
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

Some of my buddies have been out sledding a few times (5+Ft) and Monashee pow was pretty decent last weekend I hear. I would say this weekend should be good up high, should cool big time and clear for the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by el hefe View Post
    Some of my buddies have been out sledding a few times (5+Ft) and Monashee pow was pretty decent last weekend I hear. I would say this weekend should be good up high, should cool big time and clear for the weekend.
    Awesome, thanks! Might hop in the truck and head out. Sounding like Rossland's getting significant snow too, but no base?
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

Currently nukking in the valley here is revy has been all week . Calling for another 80 or so by the weekend ! The pass should be skiing really well. Base was pretty good down low where it wasn't a boulder field

Photo creds to Adam locke, the one crappy picture is just a still from a vid so thats why it sucks haha.

Shes deep out there. Things werent moving that much up high above 1900-2000m where we were but its gotten a lot more load over last few days. Below treeline steeper stuff was sluffing to ground.

Trenching deep, tough trail breaking, upside down and slabby below treeline

From Parks Canada FB - "Mt Fidelity, Glacier National Park 2014-11-25
    Elevation 1910m, North Aspect, Slope angle 34', HS 140cm, PST 28/100 (end)
    This test indicates that if triggered, the Nov 21 surface hoar is capable of propagating into a large avalanche."

Video in the link https://www.facebook.com/ParksMountainSafety?fref=nf