Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by angrysasquatch View Post
    I know, it doesn't rain enough right?
    lol, fair play but that cuts deep!
    Webisodes, Blogs, Words and Photos all right here-------->www.chasingsnowflakes.com

Shots fired

Quick slack lap this morning. 6cms or so on top of the crust of doom. Skiable though!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSZi...ature=youtu.be

can you not embed anymore?
    Webisodes, Blogs, Words and Photos all right here-------->www.chasingsnowflakes.com

Spent the weekend at the Wheeler. Went over Lookout Col on Friday scouting out conditions for our group. Found a bit of nice powder at the top on the east side and the top of the west side wasn't bad, but the crust on the Ravens was horrendous - made a few out of control turns but traversing and kick turning was the only sane way down. The worst snow I've skied at the pass. Boy were we happy to see the new snow on Saturday morning was a lot more than forecast. Below 2000m is skiable again

Quote Originally Posted by Lamothe View Post
    Quick slack lap this morning. 6cms or so on top of the crust of doom. Skiable though!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSZi...ature=youtu.be

can you not embed anymore?
    Based on those skis (My work is better than your vacation sticker), I rode with you on the first gondy this morning. That line looks more fun than the groomers I lapped though, here's to hoping the trees will be skiable soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by auxym View Post
    Based on those skis (My work is better than your vacation sticker), I rode with you on the first gondy this morning. That line looks more fun than the groomers I lapped though, here's to hoping the trees will be skiable soon enough.
    Lol that sticker gets me in trouble at
    Times with tourists . It's actually " my life is better.." Anyways. We skied down around 10am , looks like we got 12ish cms since then so it should be pretty good skiing tmrw where the skier traffic is light. The resort is going to need a good dump before it's " friendly again"

Skied 5cm of new snow at Red yesterday afternoon, which quietened the moderate angled groomers, but not much else. Another 8cm overnight might be enough to make a difference off piste this morning. Small amounts of snow are forecast all week, until another Pineapple Express arrives for the weekend.

This cycle of pineapples every 2 weeks is really messing with my mojo. Haven't scored pow in weeks. Time to head up to Blue River or Valemont. It is a long weekend.....
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

Quote Originally Posted by el hefe View Post
    This cycle of pineapples every 2 weeks is really messing with my mojo. Haven't scored pow in weeks. Time to head up to Blue River or Valemont. It is a long weekend.....
    My money is on Blue River having the most snow. On the way back from a ski trip last season I had to do a detour thru Jasper, Valemont and Blue River (Rogers Pass closed all day for avy control). Including 2 trips to the USA and 14 different resorts that I visited last season, only Blue River had snow piled up in people's yards as high as the house. Mike Weigle was no dummy when he picked BR as his heli headquarters.

2014/2015 bc interior thread

Quote Originally Posted by DanoT View Post
    My money is on Blue River having the most snow. On the way back from a ski trip last season I had to do a detour thru Jasper, Valemont and Blue River (Rogers Pass closed all day for avy control). Including 2 trips to the USA and 14 different resorts that I visited last season, only Blue River had snow piled up in people's yards as high as the house. Mike Weigle was no dummy when he picked BR as his heli headquarters.
    Little community ski hill in Clearwater (420m elev) is still open for business - barely. Rain hit The N. Thompson to about 1850m so there is quite the crust below that. Above 1700, depending on aspect and such, the pack averages about 3m. Snow pillow measurements for the area show average snowpacks for the time of year. http://bcrfc.env.gov.bc.ca/data/asp/...nsthompson.htm

Coverage isn't the issue around these parts, its the fucking quality or lack thereof. Looks like up to 2200m even up at Blue on Friday. Hard to say this far out but come on!!!!

2014/2015 bc interior thread

We just got a nice dump, haven't heard to what that translates above treeline yet. During last week, even MW was burning a lot of jet fuel finding good lines on North and East aspects above 2000m. Short laps but there was boot deep non-blower pow.
    And ya, the forecast is not looking pretty, but I think (hope?) the freezing elev for the N.Thompson will remain below 1900m

This Revelstoke forecast has me hopeful: https://spotwx.com/products/grib_ind...18.19567&tz=-8

It's not great, but it makes me at least think we can get some decent skiing on Saturday before it turns to shit.

Unless I am missing something (more than likely), forecast looks OK at Revelstoke back end of this week into Saturday then looks to moderate Sunday through Tuesday (2" / day)?? Can't see the Pineapple Express everyone is talking about but it has me worried ... Anything can happen, but due to ski there end of next week and thinking I may need to stay a little more limber

Quote Originally Posted by Glenfield View Post
    Unless I am missing something (more than likely), forecast looks OK at Revelstoke back end of this week into Saturday then looks to moderate Sunday through Tuesday (2" / day)?? Can't see the Pineapple Express everyone is talking about but it has me worried ... Anything can happen, but due to ski there end of next week and thinking I may need to stay a little more limber
    The forecast is looking a bit better now than it was a couple days ago. At least, it doesn't look like the freezing level will go way up into the alpine like it did during the last storm cycle.

If the snow isn't making you happy, maybe some burlesque will! Come on out to our show in Nelson next week. Get tickets at the Hume Hotel. Also coming up is Ymir Snowfest on Feb 21.

I would consider anything above 1500m FL in revy a pineapple. It looks pretty wet and warm with snow above 1800m Thurs-Sat. Not conducive for great skiing or safe skiing. I am getting depressed.

Shit eh ... sounds touch and go. Old man flying out from Australia for it ... he has four days at Monashee Powder Cats which is at ~5,300 feet which sounds like it is above FL. With a bit of luck, he will get his fix out there.

Thanks for the steer

I've seen some weekend forecasts for RMR showing 5- 6 degrees for the very bottom and -6 at the top of the Stoke Chair.

I've seen some forecasts for Kamloops hitting 13 degrees, other forecasts showing 4 degrees.

For Sun Peaks I have seen forecasts for 1 degree and other predictions for 4 degrees in the Village. Snow predicted for tonight and during the day Thurs.

Honestly if it stays below 2000m ill consider it a win . Hey hefe , I can only ski weekends , sled should be up and running by next week. Let me
    Know if want to get out .

Shit eh ... sounds touch and go. Old man flying out from Australia for it ... he has four days at Monashee Powder Cats which is at ~5,300 feet which sounds like it is above FL. With a bit of luck, he will get his fix out there.

Thanks for the steer
    Most of the skiing up there is above 6000ft. 5300ft is the lodge elevation. They will take care of him up there, if it is crap they know how to party and the hot tubs are nice.

Lamonthe..... what is a sled? Oh yeah, that $10k machine sitting on my trailer in a farmers field. Haven't seen it in a while. See what the snow does, going to try for revy area sunday monday.

Hey all - Are there any lift ticket deals to be had at KH that I should know about?
    Drive slow, homie.

Quote Originally Posted by Z View Post
    Hey all - Are there any lift ticket deals to be had at KH that I should know about?
    Try Rockies thread. Gtown for some odd reason is in Rockies thread

Quote Originally Posted by el hefe View Post
    Most of the skiing up there is above 6000ft. 5300ft is the lodge elevation. They will take care of him up there, if it is crap they know how to party and the hot tubs are nice.

Lamonthe..... what is a sled? Oh yeah, that $10k machine sitting on my trailer in a farmers field. Haven't seen it in a while. See what the snow does, going to try for revy area sunday monday.
    Yeah I've only been out twice myself. I think Sunday Monday are supposed to be the warmest? Fucking long weekend too eh? Going to be out fri sat sun, might have room for another if anyone is keen for the pass on the weekend

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Try Rockies thread. Gtown for some odd reason is in Rockies thread
    Geologically and geographically speaking, Golden sits directly in the Rocky Mountain Trench, not the B.C. Interior.

KH is indeed on the east edge of the Purcells but has terrain and weather more like the Rockies across the valley than the interior.

Z, don't know of any ticket discounts at KH, other than if a passholder buys you a ticket, which I think they can get at 25% off.