Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Great thread, you Canadians are so well mannered and I appreciate that. I want to be a Canadian, America is really starting to suck ass.

thanks, do the full videos get released soon?

Sept 29 and every week after that for 4 weeks. I feel incomplete for not knowing what that rockin gentle S couloir is...

Quote Originally Posted by angrysasquatch View Post
    Sept 29 and every week after that for 4 weeks. I feel incomplete for not knowing what that rockin gentle S couloir is...
    That couloir off castle though... holy!
    Webisodes, Blogs, Words and Photos all right here-------->www.chasingsnowflakes.com

Ya don't need to ski on rocks or grass. Climb something and you'll find some winter.

Today, Collier peak N face

this is bad ass
    Flying the Bluehouse colors in Western Canada! Let me know if you want some rad skis!!

"He is god of snow; the one called Ullr. Son of Sif, step son of Thor. He is so fierce a bowman and ski-runner that none may contend! He is quite beautiful to look upon and has all the characteristics of a warrior. It is wise to invoke the name of Ullr in duels!"

-The Gylfaginning

kicking horse pass? check. thank you Matt mosteller and all of RCR! so stoked to get after at it at my alma mater!
    Last edited by Gripen; 09-15-2014 at 03:12 PM.
    Flying the Bluehouse colors in Western Canada! Let me know if you want some rad skis!!

"He is god of snow; the one called Ullr. Son of Sif, step son of Thor. He is so fierce a bowman and ski-runner that none may contend! He is quite beautiful to look upon and has all the characteristics of a warrior. It is wise to invoke the name of Ullr in duels!"

-The Gylfaginning

damn, deep turns for september. wow. nice billy goating at the top.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

Anybody ever been a paid member at Bivouac? Seems they've always got some beta on whatever random rarely-thought-of pile of rock that's on my mind. For this area, is it worth it? Always felt it kind of much for them to ask for money for user-created content, but the whole real job thing is softening that stance I guess. Is stuff still being added to the site or is it just a stagnant pool of beta now? Sure doesn't seem like the webmaster/owner gives a fuck anymore, as it's really dated...

oh, and completely unrelated, but where is a good place to get a shitload of regular old ski wax? Need like 500g each of warm and mid-temp wax.
    Last edited by angrysasquatch; 09-20-2014 at 03:17 PM.

So AT did you get out to highwood at all?

Anyone know if freshtival is happening this season? I tried googling it but I get all the old shows. Nothing about this year.

Anyone know if cmh is having their warehouse sale this year?Haven't heard about that from the usual sources yet either.

Got a one year old daughter and it's hard to keep up with all the interwebbing.

Anybody ever been a paid member at Bivouac? Seems they've always got some beta on whatever random rarely-thought-of pile of rock that's on my mind. For this area, is it worth it? Always felt it kind of much for them to ask for money for user-created content, but the whole real job thing is softening that stance I guess. Is stuff still being added to the site or is it just a stagnant pool of beta now? Sure doesn't seem like the webmaster/owner gives a fuck anymore, as it's really dated...

oh, and completely unrelated, but where is a good place to get a shitload of regular old ski wax? Need like 500g each of warm and mid-temp wax.
    Used to split a membership to Bivouac with a climbing partner and found it to be pretty helpful for beta and TR's. Stopped renewing it when mountaineering slowed down for me. No idea how much it is being updated either. Kind of a neat site, though.

maybe not helpful, but the US. I got some big blocks, 3 different temps for ~$25 in some huge Sports-Check style place in Kalispell.

Quote Originally Posted by blender View Post
    Used to split a membership to Bivouac with a climbing partner and found it to be pretty helpful for beta and TR's. Stopped renewing it when mountaineering slowed down for me. No idea how much it is being updated either. Kind of a neat site, though.
    Borrowing a buddy's account. It's pretty awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Mex View Post
    Anyone know if cmh is having their warehouse sale this year?Haven't heard about that from the usual sources yet either.
    I had been wondering the same so I asked around town and was told it's not happening - Intrawest have decided not to brand any of the retail gear with CMH anymore to make it easier to sell excess stock on at higher prices. Not sure how accurate that is but last year's sale was around this time last year and I couldn't find anything else about a sale happening this year.

CMH doesn't have the warehouse sales anymore. Done done deal.

Still all branded. But no sales in off season. Just smarter buying at head office. And shipping small amounts of old stock to sell at lodges

Great thanks for the info re: cmh.

Freshtival is October 16-18
    www.freshtival.ca

The ski shop at the Lake Louise shopping mall had a pretty good selection of wax when I was there a couple years ago. I can't remember any prices.

Wilson mountian sports, in Lake louise. Ask for Bill or Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    Excellent clip.

Sick video.

With touring season coming up, if you haven't done so here's a great place to get trained up in first aid http://adventuremed.ca Be a responsible partner to whoever you might get out with.

I'm only skiing with T2C from now on.....

Be a responsible partner to whoever you might get out with.

its ok ... I carry a tow rope ... and a buncha beer so all bases covered !!!
    We, the RATBAGGERS, formally axcept our duty is to trigger avalaches on all skiers ...