Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Evil View Post
    Here in Fernie it does include Friday, in theory it should be the same at the rest of the resorts but you never know.
    That makes sense since a "midweek" RCR seasons pass is Monday to Thursday.

Not that the skiing is bad up high, but if you're looking for a change of pace, the Mtn. Shadows trails in Golden are good to ride.

^Why downshift to bikes??

Some fine work there Squatch... With days like that I highly doubt you to be angry.

Quote Originally Posted by angrysasquatch View Post
    Downshift, I like that. I'm being stay-at-home dad and KHMR will not let me ski with my child in a backpack. Mtn. Shadows has provided a new challenge of ripping a bike trailer through there; needless to say I wasn't able to clear rockabout.

Angrysasquatch. Your trip reports in the last few weeks have been amazing. The crampon falling off. Classic Oh Fuck. What's the name of those climbing snowshoes that you use to climb the pow?

right on sasq. rockies truly are where its at.

I woulda liked to have bagged a line or two out there last winter, but I had to move for work. Not into living vicariously (its like torture) so I've been avoiding this thread.

Hoping to get back and do some more esplorin this summer.

Thanks guys. They're billygoat ascent plates. Attach underneath your crampons. They do seem pretty expensive for the complexity of em but soo worth it and soo dialed.

Amazing video that was such a sick run!

Wow... Is it pissing in Jasper right now...Absolutely nuking on mountain. 5 cms in 40 minutes. Could be a long spring...

Quote Originally Posted by jetski View Post
    ...Could be a long spring...
    Good to hear some places will have good skiing late in the season.

The meltdown is in full gear across the Divide. Last week of the season here at Kimbo and not a moment too soon as the snow at the bottom is almost gone.

KH has to be close to mandatory downloads on Catamount chair, based on how it was on Saturday.

Not ready for biking just yet, so heading to the Rockies for a week of ski mountaineering. Have skied the Wapta and Little Yoho in the past. Would appreciate any suggestions (on anything really) beyond the Mt Columbia and Mt Hector classics (which we'll do if in condition). The Kahl face on Mt Stanley looks appealing?

Quote Originally Posted by goldenshowers View Post
    Downshift, I like that. I'm being stay-at-home dad and KHMR will not let me ski with my child in a backpack. Mtn. Shadows has provided a new challenge of ripping a bike trailer through there; needless to say I wasn't able to clear rockabout.

Story of my life right there
    Webisodes, Blogs, Words and Photos all right here-------->www.chasingsnowflakes.com

Quote Originally Posted by kootenayskier View Post
    Not ready for biking just yet, so heading to the Rockies for a week of ski mountaineering. Have skied the Wapta and Little Yoho in the past. Would appreciate any suggestions (on anything really) beyond the Mt Columbia and Mt Hector classics (which we'll do if in condition). The Kahl face on Mt Stanley looks appealing?
    Assuming you mean north face.. yeah it's a great line. Is popular/ can get busy though. Can always get the Waterman or Y couloir instead though. Probably all are filled better this year than last, I've found much better stick to ice faces.

24 cms and a big ol wind made a slabby mess last night at Marmot... Oh well I have work to do anyways!

Spring cleaning.
    A look at Lake Louise, yesterday. The bottom of the lake gets a fresh coat of turquoise paint, for the first time since 1915.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	19095_10153154521562380_7154982450388333357_n.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	211.9 KB 
ID:	165802

About freakin time our tax money is used for something important! Wasn't looking to good the last few years...

I thought the colour turquoise was invented in ww2, something's fishy here

Hahahaha, was thinking wtf..... then remembered the date
    Good one

Quote Originally Posted by jetski View Post
    24 cms and a big ol wind made a slabby mess last night at Marmot... Oh well I have work to do anyways!
    Any news on how it's skiing right now? Thinking of getting away for the long weekend and can't decide what to do.
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

snowforcast.com for lake louise on satdy is crazy !!!
    We, the RATBAGGERS, formally axcept our duty is to trigger avalaches on all skiers ...

Yeah, it's gonna dump 30cm in a day at Louise with no wind. Hahahaha, good April fools, snow-forecast. Oh, wait, you're trying to be serious.. that's even funnier

35cm, in 24 hours at both SSV and LL.

I think I'll grab a stick of juicy fruit.

Yeah, it's gonna dump 30cm in a day at Louise with no wind. Hahahaha, good April fools, snow-forecast. Oh, wait, you're trying to be serious.. that's even funnier
    was kind of hoping this would stay as the last post in the thread! Wooooo, was very little wind yesterday too! bahaha

crushed pow till 11:30 crushed easter brunch at the post till now, headin back up to crush summit. Best Day of the Season!