Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    I know the guy who built it feels unappreciated, but the trail itself is pretty well appreciated on a regular basis! hahahaha... It's become the housewives of Whistler go to trail!
    maybe even over-appreciated?

Hey Clownshoe, is your crew gonna do some control after the storm stops(mid-late morning) and let all us punters head for the Alpine?

Anyone know the last year we didn't see any snow in the valley till December
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

Check out the blower

Tomorrows going to be so sick!!! Smashing pillows all day!

The best thing about tomorrow should be the Vig's curry, c'mon WB give us some decent food
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Farcisimus View Post
    Hey Clownshoe, is your crew gonna do some control after the storm stops(mid-late morning) and let all us punters head for the Alpine?

Anyone know the last year we didn't see any snow in the valley till December
    I think there needs to be significant new snow before they need to do avi control...

Can't wait to hear your report though!
    Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

To quote Clubber Lang...

"My prediction... PAIN!"
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Hey, it's the hockey stop turn that Pow11 was talking about!

Has it even snowed in the valley at all yet this season? So strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldo View Post
    Hey, it's the hockey stop turn that Pow11 was talking about!
    Dana Flahr is spraying us all!
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

GREENCHAIRISGOINGTOBESOFUCKINGEPIC!

(I'll be in Pemby shredding hero dirt, thanks)

I hear ya Todd... biking is amazing right now. Riding that semi frozen dirt is like railing an amusement park. I might head up the hill tomorrow just to dust off the ski legs and go see if the new pass actually works. Always good to have a few runs under the belt before the Dec pow cycle kicks in.

Yup. Whistler has a 40 cm base.

Line up out the corral at 745, cracked the boundary at 915, groomed to the Peak.
    Huge slots visible underneath the Peak cornice. Some great turns down the bowl followed by lots of rock.
    Looks like Shale slope slide during the last rain event to the ground, I went in left on the cross loaded wind feature which popped out and ran, 1.5 on what feels like rain crust. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1416681874.290816.jpg 
Views:	250 
Size:	625.9 KB 
ID:	160677

Wife said the new pass gate system was a gong show at green chair. If someone walks all the way to green chair, let them ski a run or two.

Bodybag Bowl was sick over the head blower pow. Snow so snorkel deep and light.

The Lemmings were out in full force putting out sick skin tracks up Shale Slope.
    Was pretty funny to see them all fall every few steps.

Lulz @ Shale Slope skin track, that's a new one. Some more "base building" weather coming to the alpine this week from the looks of things. Slow start but oh well, it will come.

Some pretty legit pow lines to be had off peak. I hope the alpine lifts stay closed, all season.

With 20 +cms in 24 hrs, Franzs will be all time this am! A bunch more dropping today before the rains come. Today could be pretty fun! Who's in!?

The missus and I will be up for a couple of runs just to warm up the legs. It was still looking pretty boney off of any trail without snow making. Not to say that there weren't tracks almost everywhere... Sure if you want to climb, that there is some nice stuff to be had higher up, but unfortunately I don't have the time for that, a couple of hours is all I can manage at the moment. Got to save up those full days off for when it is really worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by eldereldo View Post
    The missus and I will be up for a couple of runs just to warm up the legs. It was still looking pretty boney off of any trail without snow making. Not to say that there weren't tracks almost everywhere... Sure if you want to climb, that there is some nice stuff to be had higher up, but unfortunately I don't have the time for that, a couple of hours is all I can manage at the moment. Got to save up those full days off for when it is really worth it.
    cool man, I'll keep an eye out for you. orangeish jacket. green boots. kastle 108s. gay rainbow poles.

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    With 20 +cms in 24 hrs, Franzs will be all time this am! A bunch more dropping today before the rains come. Today could be pretty fun! Who's in!?
    ALLLL TIIIIIIME

Me orange jacket, black pants, gray helmet, skiing on Voile Busters (wood top sheet). Will be solo, wife has decided to do some shopping.

There goes anyone's excuse for not bringing a map:

http://maps.gov.bc.ca/ess/sv/imapbc/

If you're interwebz challenged, select a terrain base map on the top right dropdown, then go to add dataBC layer, select contours under base maps, select geographical names, and add logging roads, watersheds, or whatever else you please that could be useful in the backcountry.

Hit print to export to pdf.