Post ankle surgery discomfort and rehab

I tried reading through lots of the posts so forgive if ya'll have already covered this and I didn't find it. I dislocated and had a bimalleolar break of my left ankle on 7/19, surgery 7/29 with plates and pins on both sides of the ankle. I was non-weight-bearing for about 11 days and am now in the fiberglass cast with a walking boot. The kind of pain I had after surgery is low to none now but I have this persistent weird electric-like tingling pain sensation that ebbs and flows, sometimes feeling hot. I'm off all pain meds though I have tried some extra-strength Tylenol that doesn't seem to have any effect on this. I hate to be a wimp but this isn't going away and it's annoying as hell. I also have a lot of swelling in the foot/ankle if I'm up and walking too much so some days after work, when I lie down and put the foot up, it's as if my core body temp is too low and I'm piling on quilts. So, is this normal, weird, worth asking the doctor? Anyone else have this pins-sticking tingling kind of pain? I'm not even at the rehab stage yet and I'm already discouraged.

sensations like that are generally neuropathic in nature - it could also explain the sensory changes to temperature. If its superficial then it could well be down to the skin nerves being cut during the surgery and should over time settle. If you have lots of swelling then it could also be down to that putting pressure on nerves that pass through the ankle - but either way it sounds neuropathic.

Thanks. I did talk to the doc's office yesterday and they also said I'm probably staying on my feet too much as it is also what happens with continued swelling pressing against nerves. So it's back to slowing down and putting the foot up more. grrr.