Death of POV or start of stolen cameras threads?

I didn't see this anywhere here and thought someone would have an opinion on it. Soloshot2. I think it started from a kickstarter and will work from >2000ft. Pretty cool tech for only $400, as much as most POVs. I've seen alot of timelapse footage from cameras setup while a zone is shredded. Same camera on this thing could film lines with the skier in frame all day.

Anyone know about beacon interference? It looks like it tracks radio waves from a transceiver you carry. Also, how do you stop passers-by from mooning it or just walking off with it and whatever camera is attached? Not that anything has ever been stolen from a skier/rider

Self driving cars, personal drones, robot cameramen. Where is my damn hover board?

Your jambox is now his...by way of our actions

Pretty cool. I don't think you would have to worry about theft in the bc, where I think it would come in most handy for a skier.

I don't think it can replace pov cams though, at least from a cost perspective. A quick google search showed the system to be $400 plus you would need a decent camera to put on it. Gopros and Contours suck at range.

I would think rather than stealing them people would be breaking them, assuming that the DEA put them there.