Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    What's the forecasted release date for the direct streaming to posts app?
    420 had a cool concept of a real-time TR app, but not sure how far that got. May be trying to get the existing app/tools working well before adding new ones...
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    i may be doing it all wrong but when I hit the photo button on the bar right up there ^^^ it asks me to log in to the community. I think one question is why is that step even needed if we're just linking to the url?
    think I'll go with the response from tgrweb for the same problem I brough up 3 months ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by tgrweb View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    420 had a cool concept of a real-time TR app, but not sure how far that got. May be trying to get the existing app/tools working well before adding new ones...
    That's actually my point.

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    That's actually my point.
    I had a point? That's a first.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Hey Guys - we hear you about the photo up-loader sucking and are trying to improve the current system. It's a work in progress but here is what we have done to date so you have less clicks per photo upload:

1. Moved the upload section as the first tab instead of browse for immediate access
    2. Allowed for multiple select so you can insert more than 1 photo at a time when browsing
    3. Automatically inserts your uploaded photos when you hit publish instead of then going to browse and insert

Next on our list is to hide all the advanced options so the form is simpler and set a default sport so we won't require that field.

Hopefully this helps out the flow better. Let us know on any other pain points we aren't hitting on here.

it's still utterly ridiculous that the little photo button requires me to log in to post a photo, and doesn't just give me img tags. And even more ridiculous is that it doesn't remember me, so even if I'm logged in, it will ask me to log in to the community, all because I want to post an img link. So much easier to just type [img] [/img] which is really fucking dumb.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

linking video and hotlinking images will not upload on mobile or tablets, We have to walk over to a real computer like a plebeian in order to post.

[img] looks like this [img]http://i.imgur.com/WwudSfM.jpg[/img]

videos look like this when using the video button and youtube id xVdaY2-hTGY

or this when using the full url

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVdaY2-hTGY" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">http://<a href="https://www.youtube....VdaY2-hTGY</a>

or this when using [youtube] plus ID

xVdaY2-hTGY

seriously WTF would you take something that was easy to use and make it harder on a regular PC or impossible on mobile?

Ryan (and tgr dudes) i'm getting really frustrated trying to load photos in order to do a TR. This stash thing is not working. It says I can upload a bunch of photos, and it seems to load them, but when I click on the camera thingy nothing happens. I can't see any photos in "my stash". This aint working for me. I used to take some time and post TR's, it was a bit of a pain in the ass but hey it worked ... eventually.
    Now, no worky and I've wasted a couple of hours of my life.
    I'm an old fucking luddite. make this easy.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    Ryan (and tgr dudes) i'm getting really frustrated trying to load photos in order to do a TR. This stash thing is not working. It says I can upload a bunch of photos, and it seems to load them, but when I click on the camera thingy nothing happens. I can't see any photos in "my stash". This aint working for me. I used to take some time and post TR's, it was a bit of a pain in the ass but hey it worked ... eventually.
    Ive got an idea. Link to Google. Link to Dropbox. Done.

garyfromterrace - what do you see when you hit the picture icon and then select "Browse Uploaded" tab?

OK, maybe I'm figuring this out.... i didn't see most of these photos until i replied to this post, went to the photo icon and hit the browse uploaded. So wondering why it's not working to hit the camera icon (across from "upload your own") above the "visit my stash" tab, then hit stored images. I see some of my recent images from Japan, but also old photos that aren't in any album that I can see. Also when I do go to the "browse uploaded" tab, I again don't see that the photos there have been put into any albums (I thought I did that when I originally uploaded them long ago).
    Any comments on getting the photos to go into albums?
    I also think that it's not very intuitive to have to reply to a post, then hit the "insert photo" icon in order to view photos that you've uploaded to the stash, and that you plan to use in a TR... These may all seem like idiotic questions, however I'm a tech challenged moran.

Last edited by garyfromterrace; 04-03-2015 at 12:29 PM.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”

www.mymountaincoop.ca

OK, so I host my photos on my own site and enter img tags manually, so I never bothered to go check out the upload tools.

It took me about ten seconds to figure out that they are way too fucking complicated.

If I want to add a photo to a post, here's how it should work:

1) click add photo

2) this should lead to a normal windows browse for file dialog box. Navigate to and click on file that I want to upload.

3) Click "Upload" "Open" "Add Photo" or whatever the hell you want the button in the browse for file box to be called

4) photo appears in post

If it takes even ONE extra step beyond this, your system is too goddamned complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    OK, so I host my photos on my own site and enter img tags manually, so I never bothered to go check out the upload tools.

It took me about ten seconds to figure out that they are way too fucking complicated.

If I want to add a photo to a post, here's how it should work:

1) click add photo

2) this should lead to a normal windows browse for file dialog box. Navigate to and click on file that I want to upload.

3) Click "Upload" "Open" "Add Photo" or whatever the hell you want the button in the browse for file box to be called

4) photo appears in post

If it takes even ONE extra step beyond this, your system is too goddamned complicated.
    Fucking A!

www.mymountaincoop.ca

^^^+2. Fire anyone who disagrees and move on. This is nuts.
    A woman came up to me and said "I'd like to poison your mind
    with wrong ideas that appeal to you, though I am not unkind."

So again I'm trying desperately to upload photos for a TR, and they don't load ("that service is unavailable at this time" after I hit the publish button and after it takes 20 minutes to "upload" them from my computer. Also, it asks me to make an album if there's more than one photo but it doesn't put them in an album. Also, how do I delete photos once I finally do get them into my photos (which of course I can't even access when I finally do get them loaded unless I hit reply, or start a new thread).

Gad, gents can't you make this easier? It's no wonder more people aren't posting TR's. My buddy swissiphic can actually do things like edit go pro footage and make cool videos with soundtracks and shit but he can't even figure out how to post up a full size photo in a forum on your site. Come on!

edit, oh god help me they're there. Good thing I got the "that service is unavailable at this time" notice to let me know everything went ok.... jesus....

www.mymountaincoop.ca

get a photobucket acct and use image links to photos with the manually entered img tags -- forget the tgr hosting your imgs bit

write out (without the spaces)
    [ img ] imageURL [ / img ]

and get this

other method that avoids the "community" is to load images via the tapatalk app (way easier interface)
    the downside is that folks reading via web browser have to manually click on stuff to see it
    (imgs show up fine in line with the text for app users)

But why, oh fucking why can't one use tgr to post on tgr. why should i have to open up an account somewhere else to do something on this site.

I don't want a photobucket account, tapatalk did not agree with me. And now I'm trying to upload another TR's photos and it's not working. Fuck.
    Thanks acinpdx, I do appreciate your trying to help an old luddite...

www.mymountaincoop.ca

But why, oh fucking why can't one use tgr to post on tgr. why should i have to open up an account somewhere else to do something on this site.

I don't want a photobucket account, tapatalk did not agree with me. And now I'm trying to upload another TR's photos and it's not working. Fuck.
    Thanks acinpdx, I do appreciate your trying to help an old luddite...
    Where are you getting tripped up? I'll PM you.
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

All my pics that I upload show broken img links.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Drinker View Post
    That's what we're working to fix right now. I'll let you know when it's done.
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Dunfee View Post
    thanks
    A woman reported to police at 6:30 p.m. that she was being "smart-mouthed."

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Drinker View Post
    Is this still a work in progress?

Should I start mailing WetNaps to the party responsible for replacing one step with six? Why should this be any harder than attaching something to a web-based email?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Dunfee View Post
    Trying to upload pics but just getting broken links. Is it really taking you guys this long to fix something so simple? I really can't understand what's going on.

yeah just tried to post some photos and they show up as the little box with the "x"
    agree this shouldn't be any harder than attaching photos to email
    I'm not so tech savvy at all really so not surprised I'm having trouble, but I'm sure many others have serious tech chops and if theyre having trouble than you've got a serious problem.

I have better luck uploading the photos first then doing the post and attaching pic
    Often when I try to upload while posting it comes up with the x box
    skid luxury