Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    LOL... What that post looks like on Android. Broken images, Classic.

Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

I see what advres sees on Tapatalk for Android as well. It was not like this before the "improvements." Please fix STAT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Thanks for catching. Yes, looks isolated for Android at the moment. We will submit a Tapatalk ticket for this one.
    Smile, breathe and go slowly.

Still can't view the new awesome way of uploading photos on my phone...

Quote Originally Posted by systemoverblow'd View Post
    New features are on the mobile, non tapatalk version of the site but correct, not on the tapatalk app. The app has it's own independent uploaded tool that's not connected. May be not ideal for some but works smooth and is pretty easy to deal with on your phone, at least IMO
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

I wasn't participating back then, but for those who were around in Ye Olden Dayz ("z" = extra coolness) --

Is this what it was like in the days of Daniel and the Powder magazine forum implosion?

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...-Forum-History
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Written perfectly 8 years ago in that thread...

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    Your customers will tell you what you need to do to thrive. If you listen to them and act on what they tell you, you generally do alright.

We are actively working on the Android image view issue.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Dunfee View Post
    New features are on the mobile, non tapatalk version of the site
    you mean the app, right? because the mobile version of the site is unreadable in safari/opera and the new "active" circle images are gigantic on the regular version of the website when viewed on a mobile phone. making it mostly unreadable too. Using the TGR Community to add pictures still has the you need to login again bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    you mean the app, right? because the mobile version of the site is unreadable in safari/opera and the new "active" circle images are gigantic on the regular version of the website when viewed on a mobile phone. making it mostly unreadable too. Using the TGR Community to add pictures still has the you need to login again bug.
    Oddly, when you go to Advanced options, and use manage attachments you avoid the Log in issue. Yeah, I pretty much gave up on the whole thing, seemed like 2002, but I don't understand 80% of the technerd shit discussed here anyway. Still never figured out how to get a full picture posted and not the dinky version. Same reason my grandmother used her microwave to store her baking pans, I guess.
    Silent....but shredly.

Quote Originally Posted by tgrweb View Post
    We are actively working on the Android image view issue.
    Any update on this? It's annoying as fuck and continues to become more aggravating. See last page or two in this thread: https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=279586
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Not going to read this whole thing, but some attached pics in old TR's no longer show up when embedded. For example:

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...-the-Dolomites

Direct link to the above pic used to be:

http://stk.tetongravity.com/forums/a...2&d=1365005783

now it's:

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/a...2&d=1365005783

Wont "insert" for me on firefox
    Last edited by Kinnikinnick; 10-08-2014 at 08:14 AM.

We've set-up a redirect for the stk.tetongravity.com URL and those images should render now.

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tgrweb View Post
    Thanks for your input, that's why we open up threads for all new features. We always want to know where the issues lie and make sure we address them. I'll give an update EOD on the login and gif issues.

These tools are meant to enhance your forum experience, not make it more frustrating. We're giving you access to a library of all your photos. We know it's not as simple as 1 upload button but now you can batch upload multiple photos for TRs, etc making it actually faster in that way and if you want to upload a video you can!

If you don't want to use the community site, great, stay in the forums, but if you do, now there is a bridge between the content.

Give it a solid shot, but don't hesitate to speak back up if you just can't get the hang of it and have workable suggestions for us.
    i have a catalog of my photos on my computer. why would i want a second one here?

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dark_star View Post
    OK, Let me give you guys some credit where credit is due, as well as be more granular in my grievances.

I uploaded several images recently in a single post to a thread in gear swap. I will say that it was no less convenient than doing it the older way, as once I had all the parameters set I could just click and point. In many ways, it was nice, and I'll admit that the workflow of uploading several images in rapid succession was improved.

What I *don't* like is all the annoying other stuff you have to do with every image or image series upload. Even if you want to post a picture of a pair of bindings, you have to create an album, name it, identify the sport, click off the default of posting it to your profile- all of THAT is very annoying and really just feels extraneous, and even hard to understand- is this an "album?" what does that mean? why does it need a caption, where will the caption appear? What does it mean to make it "community-accessible?" Etc. For me, this is where the annoyance lies. If you had a box for *simple* upload to some sort of generic album where it didn't post to my profile or TGR at large- or better yet, made that the default (as that's how 90% of users will be using it, I'll bet)- then I think you'd have an argument to me made that you improved functionality. But otherwise, for most of my single-photo posts, I would prefer the old way.

they're preparing to steal your images in a way that is more organized for them.

Quote Originally Posted by spook View Post
    i have a catalog of my photos on my computer. why would i want a second one here?
    you don't but tgr wants your photos

spook Guest
    LOL... What that post looks like on Android. Broken images, Classic.

wow it's almost like a robot

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Not going to read this whole thing, but some attached pics in old TR's no longer show up when embedded. For example:

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...-the-Dolomites

Direct link to the above pic used to be:

http://stk.tetongravity.com/forums/a...2&d=1365005783

now it's:

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/a...2&d=1365005783
    that's the ugliest jacket i've ever seen but it sure looks good on you

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post

Wont "insert" for me on firefox
    don't sweat it. it's kind of a shitty pic anyway.

how about add an icon to post pics from an url? instead of dl the pic, then upload to 'the community', then post. Why so many steps? Scrolling through here I found that img tags work, so that's good. but why not make it easier? not everyone knows all the bb tags.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkletarte. View Post
    how about add an icon to post pics from an url? instead of dl the pic, then upload to 'the community', then post. Why so many steps? Scrolling through here I found that img tags work, so that's good. but why not make it easier? not everyone knows all the bb tags.
    So we do have that option, you hit the photo button and then click "Embed Existing," after which point you can just insert the URL and post it to the forums. Is that not clear enough or what would be a better name? Separate icon instead?
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Dunfee View Post
    So we do have that option, you hit the photo button and then click "Embed Existing," after which point you can just insert the URL and post it to the forums. Is that not clear enough or what would be a better name? Separate icon instead?
    i may be doing it all wrong but when I hit the photo button on the bar right up there ^^^ it asks me to log in to the community. I think one question is why is that step even needed if we're just linking to the url?
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    i may be doing it all wrong but when I hit the photo button on the bar right up there ^^^ it asks me to log in to the community. I think one question is why is that step even needed if we're just linking to the url?
    Does that to me too. Fortunately I just type img tags but it would be real annoying if I was trying to use the button.

What's the forecasted release date for the direct streaming to posts app?