out for the dumbest reason...

so last week me and a few friends went to the beach - weather has been unusually nice, and i've been dying to see this one chick in a bikini... but her boyfriend is a good friend of mine and i'm one of those "don't fuck around with a friend's girl (well, not at least until a month after they break up)" kind of guys, unfortunately. but i digress - we were at the beach, and i look over to my friend Eran and go:

"this is one of those situations where if you don't just run in and go totally underwater, you'll never go in"

(the pacific ocean is pretty much cold year round...). lack of any kind of suit propelled this issue to a whole 'nother dimension. so Eran looks over at me and says:

"ok, let's both run in on three"

one.two.three.run,splash,knees.up.because.it's.kin d.of.hard.to.run.in.the.water.with.your.feet.so.cl ose.to.the.ground...

and then... well, you know how about 10 or 20 feet in, the sand abruptly gets deeper? combined with my giddiness and the aforementioned knee raising, i failed to realize that it was probably going to come up soon. so my foot took some kind of weird dive and twisted on the way down, hitting the ocean floor. kind of felt funky, but no big deal. go back to sit on the sand and admire my buddy's girl (i felt guilty... kind of.), and 10 minutes later i notice my foot's really swollen.

"shit, just the time to get a sprain," i think. we were leaving soon anyway, so it wasn't really much of an issue. i get home and it's getting even bigger. "probably a ligament," i think, which is bad in and of itself. so i make an appointment with this chinese doctor for the next day (this guy can stick some needles in you, and you walk out feeling completely better most of the time). so he stuck about 5 needles in my leg for about 20 minutes, pronounced me well, said i should come back the following friday if i didn't feel better.

monday, tuesday, wednesday all pass... the swelling's gone down, but i'm not feeling any better. finally i say "ok, time to go get some x-rays".

a trip over to the doctors, fill out a form, wait for about 15 minutes in the room with the people with colds and flus and other various yummy viruses. then get called in, wait another 20 minutes for the doctor. he looks at it, says "i need to see some x-rays". get those taken.

long story short, he said my foot being black and blue wasn't anything to worry about, but the jagged line that appeared in one of the bones on my x-ray was a slight cause for concern.

so now i sit here with a cast and crutches for 4-6 weeks, my trip to mammoth week after next scrapped and my heart in ruins...

this did not make my season at all....
    "...And my quarter is ruined. My business lost about 200K in revenue.

On a positive note, I did save some money on car insurance by staying with GEICO..."

oh, and i actually have a valid question - what should i do to minimize muscle atrophy while my leg is in a cast? just sort of flex the muscles now and again?
    "...And my quarter is ruined. My business lost about 200K in revenue.

On a positive note, I did save some money on car insurance by staying with GEICO..."