Page 28 of 106 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast
    Why not just call a friend or send a PM instead of begging on an open forum. Better yet, just find out for yourself by researching the plethora of info on the net.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Based on the cam this morning, KW looks like it got hit decently. Down below 8K looks thin and wet, but a good spackle up top. You can zoom in now, and quite a bit is looking covered up, up high. And the layers might be right, with the warmth they had with the first wave. Anyone know if that same warm layer was sitting around RT at the same time?
    Toured in the Red Lake area, thin crust at lake level, deepens rapidly as you go up to maybe 18" at 9000', snow mostly very dense wind buff, some rain crust, and a touch of softness; did not notice a wet layer specifically but I didn't dig and it was highly variable from place to place. Descent was just barely skiable towards the bottom, not sure I would do that again but still so nice to get out.

this is fun to watch

Quote Originally Posted by Red Smurf 775 View Post
    Why not just call a friend or send a PM instead of begging on an open forum. Better yet, just find out for yourself by researching the plethora of info on the net.
    Huh, is asking about conditions and snow safety really not allowed on a general Tahoe Thread. What is the purpose of this thread then?

I have done all my online research, know what SAC is saying, all weather reports on snow levels, etc. But, I check SAC, then I check here, it gives me information from skiers who have been out there. Not like I am asking a secret.......skiing Tamarack or Hourglass is pretty basic terrain.
    Donjoy to the World!

New guy acting like a big shot.

killing it
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

I just want to drop in randomly and let you all know I'm pumped you guys are getting snow. Get it Tahoe!!!
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Quote Originally Posted by Huckwheat View Post
    What are reports from Rose BC? Beta for a dawn patrol tomorrow.
    Rose inbounds today (in case that helps): heavy, dense, Sierra cement glop. Great base-building snow. High snow levels; probably around 7500' on the Reno side.

The small pockets of untracked were very heavy. In the deeper spots it was almost like breakable crust, in terms of how hard it was to turn in.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Tamarack ski resort is apparently safe and open for business. It's in that "well, it's moderate and a hundred people have skied it" so I guess it's good. There's some good dense pow up there. That's probably why everyone from Tahoe,Truckee, and Reno were there today. I just ran up to Tamarack and dug a pit on a north face just off the ridge and went back to the car as I had things to do. I'm actually tired. Funny how tired I get on such a small tour for my first day out. Hourglass was hammered by 9am. There's still facets on the ground. I'm not an expert and don't know why shit doesn't slide but I'm guessing it's just that everything is pretty anchored in most spots along with SAC talking about the moisture making down and helping bond the facets. I dug a pit and did 2 ect tests. The first column had some roots in it and I couldn't get it to fail. The next column was sittting on clean dirt and collapsed/failed on the 12th tap. I'm hoping the models keep the same or get better regarding next Thursday's potential system....and some cold air to go with it.

Quote Originally Posted by telemike View Post
    New guy acting like a big shot.

killing it
    maybe he is trying to drive traffic toward his conditions blog, because, ya know, a conditions thread should just be chatter. Never talk about conditions in a conditions thread.

Really no need for the above response. To answer your question Huckwheat, I've heard it's been skiing really well for early season cement, coverage is decent at this point, and stability has exceeded expectations. YMMV. Have fun and be safe!

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    maybe he is trying to drive traffic toward his conditions blog, because, ya know, a conditions thread should just be chatter. Never talk about conditions in a conditions thread.
    when are conditions going to allow you to come ski this stuff?
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Why not just SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU FUCKING MORON! Better yet, just find out for yourself by SHUTTING THE FUCK UP YOU FUCKING MORON!!!!
    YOU = ASSHAT

According to Facebook Squaw is going to save Sibo and Shirley for Saturday... which would piss me off but I'm in Mammoth right now and won't be in Tahoe until Friday night anyway, so that works.

Am I really considering Sugar Bowl Saturday morning? Alone? Yes, its been awhile.

Sounds fun to me.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

you could also tour at carson but it would just be edges scraping on rocks there's no snow there

Is there some sarcasm lurking there pd?
    I am,gonna try to ski tomoro but nothin but blue groomers
    If that goes well I,was hoping to go,for a walk this weekend ....... Unless ........

U skiing pain free???

Holy shit. A STFUYFM appearance. Awesome. Haven't seen that alias in a while. And excellent usage. Not like Tamarack is a secret and isn't one of the most popular BC areas around the Basin.

666, you saw the lift schedule right? Gondy+Nob Hill+Lincoln. I was originally planning for Sunday but with limited days with younguns I may wait a week for more ops.

Also good to read gimpy back on skis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

definitely not pain free. and somewhat limited still. the heavy wet conditions aren't awesome for knees anyway. but its a good place for a walk.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	carson-02.jpg 
Views:	639 
Size:	325.6 KB 
ID:	161100   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	carson-01.jpg 
Views:	634 
Size:	229.5 KB 
ID:	161101  

Thanks guys (BGNight especially for the intel). I don't post much these days, and was obviously turned off initially by Smurf......but you have all renewed my faith in TGR.

Maybe I will even post a TR, because I am that old school.......or is that not allowed here either?

Leaving office........could barely sleep last night......meadow skipping and you would think it was some epic day. Actually skiing in Tahoe.......pinch me!
    Donjoy to the World!

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    According to Facebook Squaw is going to save Sibo and Shirley for Saturday... which would piss me off but I'm in Mammoth right now and won't be in Tahoe until Friday night anyway, so that works.
    So nice of them to consider you, J. Siberia was obvious Shirley is kind of a surprise. I would like to know what conditions are like back there for when I go on Sunday. I'll beg if I have to.
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    I am,gonna try to ski tomoro but nothin but blue groomers
    Glad to hear you found a way to get into a ski boot! Stoked to hear you will be making turns soon, the hills have missed ya...

Shirley early season is fun mini golf!
    I love my family. Kids are the best.
    http://www.praxisskis.com

Stoked.
    I love my family. Kids are the best.
    http://www.praxisskis.com

Don't go tour at rose there is a potential for avis and it got skied out quicker than squaw. I heard someone even dug pit and make cracky. But if you do go out make sure to ski fast and take lots of pictures in the direct slide path. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1417803569.075859.jpg 
Views:	298 
Size:	750.9 KB 
ID:	161110