Page 70 of 106 FirstFirst ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,750 of 2628
    Quote Originally Posted by unpossible View Post
    Anyone with a Gold SquawAlpine pass that has used the 50% Mountain Collective discount before? Do you just show your season pass at the ticket window or is some special process required. Thanks.
    Yep, just show up to the window and show them your pass. At least, that's all I did at Mammoth, Alta / Snowbird and Jackson.

Ott - bummer about the kid. My daughter had a cut get infected this week and we had to address it with a stronger dose of antibiotics after the first round wasn't making progress - the check up at the doctor's office this morning was suspenseful... but she's doing better so the wife gave me the go ahead. Between the lack of snow and kids, getting a damn powder day (or mini pow day, whatever) is getting difficult around here.

Anyway - at 9:30 it was snowing at the base of Boreal (7200) as I drove by. Turned to snain at maybe 6800 feet and rain below that. Currently pouring and windy as shit in Olympic Valley.

I'll be at Alpine tomorrow. White helmet, gray jacket, blue pants.

Thinking about splurging on a ticket to Rose or doing b.c. up there instead of doing laps in the snain on roundhouse (seriously doubt summit opens in the morning), hmmm...what to do?

nvm, just saw rose ticket cost $89. What a fucking joke. Squaw is barely worth that on a powder day.

7" at kirkwood, better than all rain I suppose. See everyone out there in a few hours. Orange pants, black jacket, spatulas or iggy FFFs.
    Three fundamentals of every extreme skier, total disregard for personal saftey, amphetamines, and lots and lots of malt liquor......-jack handy

Wawa. Still raining in kings beach.

Winter is supposed to be December through March, not December AND March
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

So, here's my account since Friday: Heavy snow, heavy rain and wind, light snow, slightly sunny, moderate snow, cloudy, rain, heavy rain, heavy snow.

The good news is that there's now a decent base above 8300' or so. And, it skied pretty well this morning.

Here's how my Saturday and Sunday panned out...rain, snow, rain, sun, snow, rain, snow and then torrential rain.

Tallac Saturday morning...

Took the kids to Northstar on Saturday and was blessed with sunny skies until around lunchtime...

Summit of Northstar at least 'looked' like winter...

That's my girl!

Sunday morning...it was dumping at chair 6 until around 11:30am which equated to beer o'clock.

I skied some laps on 6 and then grabbed my daughter who's using her edges quite well...

Skied untracked off summit at alpine till now. 5 or 6 inches of cream cheese. You couldn't make a mistake in the snow just floated on the spatulas and loved every second of it. Felt like longboarding nice long mellow waves. No time for pictures, skied solo and didn't want to stop, and it was snowing the whole time, best day of my year. Now back to mountain biking when it's 60 degrees in 2 or 3 days

Quote Originally Posted by BGnight View Post
    Thinking about splurging on a ticket to Rose or doing b.c. up there instead of doing laps in the snain on roundhouse (seriously doubt summit opens in the morning), hmmm...what to do?

nvm, just saw rose ticket cost $89. What a fucking joke. Squaw is barely worth that on a powder day.
    Every Tuesday is Twofer Tuesday though.....so find a buddy.
    Donjoy to the World!

Quote Originally Posted by Huckwheat View Post
    Make a friend with a Mt. Rose passholder, passholders can "bring a friend" through Feb. 13 for $29.

Squaw was great today. Goods on Shirley near corkscrew. Alpine high yellow was good to this afternoon. Get some!
    I love my family. Kids are the best.
    http://www.praxisskis.com

First few runs on Summit were great. Untracked goodness on Palisades, High Yellow, and Sherwood cliffs.

Anyone have a guess whether any of KT, Headwall, or Granite Chief will open up tomorrow? Lift status shows all closed today.

Alpine kicked ass today. Nice bottomless turns in a lot of places... D chutes were super fun, as was Wolverine and lower Beaver when they opened it (TheFrush - I think I followed you over there but never caught up). Everything on the far side of Alpine Bowl (keyhole, high yellow, etc.) was barely touched and all of the chutes over there filled in nicely with the wind. No lines.

Does anyone know if Squaw eventually spun Sibo and Granite? Those could be great tomorrow if not.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Alpine kicked ass today. Nice bottomless turns in a lot of places... D chutes were super fun, as was Wolverine and lower Beaver when they opened it (TheFrush - I think I followed you over there but never caught up). Everything on the far side of Alpine Bowl (keyhole, high yellow, etc.) was barely touched and all of the chutes over there filled in nicely with the wind. No lines.

Does anyone know if Squaw eventually spun Sibo and Granite? Those could be great tomorrow if not.
    How was the snow? Assuming cream cheese?
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

Quote Originally Posted by TheK12 View Post
    How was the snow? Assuming cream cheese?
    A little better than cream cheese. Actually managed a few "cheater" face shots (you know, when you're going fast and put them sideways suddenly). Old bumps were covered up really well.

Old bumps were covered up really well.
    This^^^ is good enough for me. Thanks for the update!
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

Fun day in the Carson Pass BC:

Slide Mountain boarded and skied quite well today. In fact, it skied well most of the past 3 days.aside from 6 hours of rain on Sunday afternoon. This morning., 1 hr 15 minute delay due to icing after that game on. Snow got a little heavy for a bit but then those oh so beautiful south winds kicked in refilling then absolutely buffing the mountain for an afternoon on the Shiro's. Best day of the year for sure, maybe even the past 2 years.
    Base is set for the season now barring any significant rain events.

Them steep NE facing slopes pop manana. Better get it before Spring returns on Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Huckwheat View Post
    Planning on skiing Mt Rose tomorrow morning. Anyone else headed up there that wants to meet up to split the ticket price?

Quote Originally Posted by AKbruin View Post
    So, here's my account since Friday: Heavy snow, heavy rain and wind, light snow, slightly sunny, moderate snow, cloudy, rain, heavy rain, heavy snow.

The good news is that there's now a decent base above 8300' or so. And, it skied pretty well this morning.
    You skipped bluebird on Sat and Sun mornings. Wicked fun BC at incline peak!

I'm sorry but that was not cream cheese up top, that was wind effected, actual powder. If you stuck around long enough the right aspects started getting wind buffed. If the winds keep kicking, tomorrow should still be pretty good in spots. Not many people were hitting Palisades and High Yellow due to the shitty vis. High Beav and Estelle could be really good tomorrow if they open.

Anyone know how SB is skiing post storm? Thinking of just going back to AM tomorrow.

Wind buff/cream cheese = are the same thing in my vocabulary I guess. Whatever it was, it was the type of snow where you could stay on top and make any turn you wanted. And spotted pockets of pow blown in for extra pleasure. Will most likely hit alpine again tomorrow, but I heard Disney didn't open at sugar bowl. Could be a good day to use one of my free passes there.

Shaky knees, did you look at crescent moon, and if so, how was it?

Quote Originally Posted by markcjr View Post
    Skied untracked off summit at alpine till now. 5 or 6 inches of cream cheese. You couldn't make a mistake in the snow just floated on the spatulas and loved every second of it. Felt like longboarding nice long mellow waves. No time for pictures, skied solo and didn't want to stop, and it was snowing the whole time, best day of my year. Now back to mountain biking when it's 60 degrees in 2 or 3 days.
    Quote Originally Posted by BGnight View Post
    First few runs on Summit were great. Untracked goodness on Palisades, High Yellow, and Sherwood cliffs.
    Echo what everyone else said, Alpine was a blast today.

J, I saw you multiple times from the chair but it seemed we were always out of sequence. I noticed early that Low Beav was marked open on the bottom board but closed on the top board, sure enough when I traversed over there the sign was green and only two patrol tracks had been set. Hit it twice before they finally flipped the top board and people figured it out. Super fun day. I'll be out again tomorrow.

Sibo and Granite did not open, in fact Shirley was only accessible via hike from Gold Coast, lol.

^^ Yeah, I confirmed elsewhere that Sibo, Emigrant and Granite never opened... and Shirley and Big Blue were only open for a short time. Should be good-ish tomorrow.