Page 27 of 106 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast
    @skier666 - that looks a lot worse than the SAC read. Lucky he's alright (he is alright, right?)... Cock Rock all cocked up.

Wet, wet, wet snow here at boreal Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1417636272.018203.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	672.3 KB 
ID:	161029
    TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.

as of this am 8.25" of water in the last 36 hrs. snowed all day and rained all night @ 6200'. what's wrong with this picture??
    if that had all been snow, that works out to.......... ah nevermind
    stay safe out there- bring an umbrella
    "if you plant ice, you're gonna harvest wind..."

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    as of this am 8.25" of water in the last 36 hrs. snowed all day and rained all night @ 6200'. what's wrong with this picture??
    if that had all been snow, that works out to.......... ah nevermind
    stay safe out there- bring an umbrella
    Reno 1997
    I love my family. Kids are the best.
    http://www.praxisskis.com

Any reports from the Rose area? Had a friend call me from the top of Tamarack and he said it was deep and there were about 20 cars in the parking lot, snowing top to bottom....

Quote Originally Posted by buildakicker View Post
    Reno 1997
    Everywhere in January of 97. That was a big event.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

WestCoastPDR Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by truckee_splitter View Post
    Any reports from the Rose area? Had a friend call me from the top of Tamarack and he said it was deep and there were about 20 cars in the parking lot, snowing top to bottom....
    'Twas good. Just finished 2 laps up there. All snow above 8500. Heavy spackle base building snow. Even the braapers are getting their brap on

Were people hitting hourglass? I was under the impression that the facet layer was super reactive. People were just being people and saying fuck it? I'm heading out there tomorrow to work the kinks out of my new gear and stretch the legs for the first time. I guess I'll dig around and see what the deal is for myself. I wasn't planning on really riding much given the previous reports on here and SAC.

WestCoastPDR Guest
    Didn't even consider skiing that or anything off Tamarack based on conditions. I played near the meadows late yesterday on some yo yo lines and today I played safe above incline lake.

Nuking rain on the west side of the Sierras near Auburn.

Quote Originally Posted by EastCoastPDR View Post
    Didn't even consider skiing that or anything off Tamarack based on conditions. I played near the meadows late yesterday on some yo yo lines and today I played safe above incline lake.
    Good on ya. Play it safe!

Quote Originally Posted by LightRanger View Post
    Everywhere in January of 97. That was a big event.
    WHOA! The falls were ....... spouting?! That is awesome.

Full Screen Wx Underground

Posting up looking for more touring partners this year. I live in S Tahoe. I try and get out to tour whenever possible I work an irregular schedule and can get out fairly often, plenty of mid week days. Down for anything. Quick tours before/after work, long/big days, east side missions, etc.

35, competent skier, but mediocre by TGR standards. I consider myself safe and knowledgeable about bc travel. I've taken a level 1 class in the past.

Hit me up with a PM if you want to get out any time. I'm looking to get out tomorrow by lunch time and I'm open all day Friday. Was thinking about checking out the Rose area tomorrow, maybe Castle area Friday. N side looks fatter right about now. Probably just meadow skipping in these conditions but I just want to get out and get some exercise.

Quote Originally Posted by whatsupdoc View Post
    Posting up looking for more touring partners this year. I live in S Tahoe. I try and get out to tour whenever possible I work an irregular schedule and can get out fairly often, plenty of mid week days. Down for anything. Quick tours before/after work, long/big days, east side missions, etc.

35, competent skier, but mediocre by TGR standards. I consider myself safe and knowledgeable about bc travel. I've taken a level 1 class in the past.

Hit me up with a PM if you want to get out any time.
    I can vouch for the good doctor. Fit, safe, motivated partner.
    Since I won't be around this season, you can thank me now for the deep winter.
    bryce

Anyone hit squaw yet? Went two days ago and it was just gold coast. Hoping this storm opens a little more. Palisades and hogsback were filled in. Doubt they'll get red dog going but I'd like to get out tomorrow.

Was up there today. Still just GC, but more area open than just the one ribbon. Plenty of spackle filling me in just about everything and covering most rocks with a pretty decent protective layer. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if after today's rain / snow they pop Siberia for the weekend. also read my post from this morning
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

on the positive side. let's see the east wind try and touch this stuff.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    on the positive side. let's see the east wind try and touch this stuff.
    Right. Solid.

Quote Originally Posted by EastCoastPDR View Post
    How was the zone above incline lake? Looking for someplace filled in to take my girlfriend on her first tour, and I am already burned out on chickadee ridge after just one trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Wobby View Post
    How was the zone above incline lake? Looking for someplace filled in to take my girlfriend on her first tour, and I am already burned out on chickadee ridge after just one trip.
    IP really boney on the East flank due to lots of big granite, North facing kinda doable........... Second hand info

steady drizzle in T/D at the moment.
    fwiw, current conditions provide ample opportunity for folks to watch this informative PSA:

Last edited by dookey67; 12-04-2014 at 12:24 PM.
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Based on the cam this morning, KW looks like it got hit decently. Down below 8K looks thin and wet, but a good spackle up top. You can zoom in now, and quite a bit is looking covered up, up high. And the layers might be right, with the warmth they had with the first wave. Anyone know if that same warm layer was sitting around RT at the same time?

only got out to the shoulder of e back yesterday afternoon. just wandered around there in the trees. whiteouts near the ridge and nacho would get scared and head off during it so i kept on that side. snow had a 2" thick wet layer about 7" down on top of a hollow layer. I never got over to the red lake side, which might not have had the wet layer if cold air was in place there when everything was upside down. Either way it was a bit spooky.
    Good coverage though.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Gold Coast was fun today more open than the past two days. They were spinning sibo maybe that'll pop tomorrow

What are reports from Rose BC? Beta for a dawn patrol tomorrow.
    Donjoy to the World!