Page 99 of 106 FirstFirst ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,475 of 2628
    currently 8" and counting at my humble abode in Truckee (and I'm low, like under 7000 feet low).
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Squaw reporting 12" and counting up top...

A good foot in slt county. Gonna go punch a track up the coach later. Bad day to be moving, especially top of kbury

Deep inverted mank at Carson pass, a significant improvement over gravel skiing.

Just got back from the kirkwood. skied sentinel and it was not awesome. everything from sentinel to as far as the eye could see towards palisades had slid the entire length of the path and as far into the woods at the bottom as we could see.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

WestCoastPDR Guest
    Squaw was fun till about 11 then even the places that you had to put effort to get to were tracked out. At least I used up both collective days at squaw this year. I've got 1 day left for mammoth. Might head there tom

Shaky, did you see how roundup and crescent moon couloir looked?

You thi nk the snow might be ok up high?

Thanks

headed to kirkwood today. after gearing up near red cliff lodge we were told by the mean security guard that the mountain was closed to uphill access. so we left the mountain and went someplace new.
    i guess we'll park here.

heading up we got to rabbit's to find that both ears had slid from top to bottom

the debris continued into the trees at the bottom and out of sight.

the crown ran under the rocks all the way from the edge of sentinel to out of sight towards palisades. hard to tell how tall the crown was

the skiing was meh but my mad photo skillz give the illusion that hutchski was enjoying the pow

the pups were content though
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo3.jpg 
Views:	914 
Size:	267.0 KB 
ID:	166527   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo1.jpg 
Views:	909 
Size:	353.7 KB 
ID:	166528   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.jpg 
Views:	896 
Size:	207.8 KB 
ID:	166529   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo2.jpg 
Views:	913 
Size:	327.8 KB 
ID:	166530   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mankwood-047.jpg 
Views:	903 
Size:	236.8 KB 
ID:	166531  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo4.jpg 
Views:	905 
Size:	288.6 KB 
ID:	166532  
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Rod I didn't make it that far, but think 16" very heavy snow potentially not bonded very well . . .

whether the snow conditions might be better higher up is an interesting question, but its worrisome how manky it was at pass level. maybe it will dry out some overnight.

Went up above Crater Lake, shitty trail breaking. East facing had some cross loading, rode a north facing run that was shallower. Seemed bonded alright in that particular spot. Upper half was heavy but pretty good, through the trees to the lake was not so good. Caused a few roller balls ans some small wet sluffs within the new snow. Probably my last run of the season.

Rose the Resort was mas bueno this day.
    Met up with Corky and Lady Corky as they were starting their second lap.
    We skied "Ramsey's", which was about 90% tracked out, but we skied the hell outta that remaining 10%.
    The Lady split, so Corky and I went back for more.
    Skied "6 Guns", which was pristine and untracked.
    For our final lap we hit up a narrow line between "Ramsey's" and "Jetta" for another stretch of untracked and then we traversed back over to "6 Guns" for a final slash of snowffiti.
    Snow was easily boot deep and early in the day was soft and malleable. Got a little thicker as the sun continued to peak out between flurries of snow and grauple, but was still insanely enjoyable.
    Ran into Praxis Keith, a slew of snow skaters, and lots of free-heelers.
    Good session all around.
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Skied Kirkwood. No problem with meanie security guards thankfully. About 18 inches of heavy snow up top. Saw two decent sized slides and popped a bigger one lookers left of the cirque. Careful out there above treeline. Below treeline was stable. Snowed all day and sun hardly came out. Tmrw should be great too.
    sproing!

How's the mank holding up? Anyone get out there yesterday?

I'm guessing the new snow will turn rotten and melt before it goes through any corn cycle. Cement at the heave Saturday, punchy at the wood Sunday. It aint gonna get better.

Skied Roundtop yesterday. Snow was excellent, especially in the north facing stuff above Winnemucca - which required several laps just to double check and confirm. Consolidated pow - not blower, but better than the mank we skied on Saturday at Kirkwood. Partners skied the lookers left entry to Crescent and reported lots of sluff but good conditions. Base of Crescent had 16 inches of snow sitting on top of a 4 inch layer of marble-sized hail (weird I know) on top of the consolidated spring snowpack. Snow was pretty locked in, but some small potential for big movement with that funny layer. Some point releases on east aspects. Overall, an excellent day.

Normally, hail, or graupel slides down a steep couloir and deposits in the less steep apron.

Tore up!
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post

Skied Roundtop yesterday. Snow was excellent, especially in the north facing stuff above Winnemucca - which required several laps just to double check and confirm. Consolidated pow - not blower, but better than the mank we skied on Saturday at Kirkwood. Partners skied the lookers left entry to Crescent and reported lots of sluff but good conditions. Base of Crescent had 16 inches of snow sitting on top of a 4 inch layer of marble-sized hail (weird I know) on top of the consolidated spring snowpack. Snow was pretty locked in, but some small potential for big movement with that funny layer. Some point releases on east aspects. Overall, an excellent day.
    I don't see where they put the lift in?

Could you skin form the parking lot? Thoughts on being able to do that next Saturday?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1430170872.328284.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	690.9 KB 
ID:	166609
    Things were a bit dicy at Alpine. Over by Arts Knob. This was on Sat. Everything that was 35 degrees or more slid as soon as you ski cut it. Slow rollers though.

Skiing was decent and a lot of tracks on Alpine bowl. Did a lap on our fathers then tree stuff.

Surprised that Round top held up that well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    I don't see where they put the lift in?

Could you skin form the parking lot? Thoughts on being able to do that next Saturday?
    Ha. Yeah, we had an aggressive group of four, plus two other parties of two out there. Skintrack is just out of view to the right. You could skin from the lot in the morning. Last 100 feet were done by the afternoon. Assuming warm temps, I bet it's hiking shoes to Winnemucca by next weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Wickedbrew4u View Post
    Things were a bit dicy at Alpine. Over by Arts Knob. This was on Sat. Everything that was 35 degrees or more slid as soon as you ski cut it. Slow rollers though.

Skiing was decent and a lot of tracks on Alpine bowl. Did a lap on our fathers then tree stuff.

Surprised that Round top held up that well.
    Kirkwood was stable Saturday morning, even the steeps below the Sisters, but things started moving by mid-afternoon with the solar radiation (despite the clouds and snow all day). I backed off Crescent on Sunday due to the sketchy pack from the day before . . .

Tahoe Tim & I got first tracks at Sugar Bowl Saturday. Heavy but fun.

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    Kirkwood was stable Saturday morning, even the steeps below the Sisters, but things started moving by mid-afternoon . . .
    Whicha you fools put the slide on the "Cornice cam?"
    10/01/2012 Site was upgraded to 300 baud.

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    Whicha you fools put the slide on the "Cornice cam?"
    Some dude named Ian from SLT flying solo and wearing a full face helmet who made 64 turns down the top half of the Wall. He set off two slides, both of which we saw. The second slide he set off carried him ~50 feet, and I started to jump in my gear, full on "oh that fucking idiot just buried himself - is he wearing a transceiver? - why did he insist on making 9000 short-radius turns on the most heavily loaded section of the Wall? - wtf????". Then the slide stopped and he continued banging out way too many turns with that damn Seth Morrison full face. The aftermath:

Maybe they should rename Wagon Wheel and call it KT-64.

Wow. That's some quality work right there.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Maybe they should rename Wagon Wheel and call it KT-64.
    Chuckle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.