Page 80 of 106 FirstFirst ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... LastLast
Results 1,976 to 2,000 of 2628

Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Um.......what is that?^

edit: Aight, well since that's all you're going to post, I just called the number and talked to the owner. He was close by and saw you taking pics. He definitely wasn't leaving them there. So whoever called animal control on him before even calling the number on the tag...solid.
    Last edited by kidwoo; 03-01-2015 at 04:01 PM.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    Got to hope valley before daybreak but backed off rlp due to bad viz and there appeared to be only 6" on the ground at chain control. Ended up punching up p-house on Luther where there was a good foot. Skied bottomless with fall line but scratchy noisy anytime u traversed or stopped.
    Thanks I was wondering about P-house. At Red Lake, guesstimate 14-18". Nice turns on moderate terrain, but yeah if you try to check on steeper terrain you better be ready to set an edge.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1425247752.426934.jpg 
Views:	399 
Size:	667.6 KB 
ID:	164690

Squaw was deep today... Maybe too deep considering the last foot of snow was much heavier. Once you were under it you'd sink through the blower underneath and had little chance of resurfacing. Steeper skiing was fun and easy while the lower angle stuff you had to tail gun and try to hang on and not get stuck. They spun granite and headwall not long after opening.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Any info on if alpine is going to open high T or high beav Monday?

Missed this storm on way back from slc for a week. It was great skied shallow 3-6" pow all week.

Hoping tomorrow at the pine, I can still find some deep pow.

Starting to feel like winter up through key hole. Some good turns to be had, then watch out for Rocky shit, then watch out for the hammered shit below that got skied out the day before. Hopefully we can get a few more storms and resuscitate the season. Actually just watch out for Rocky shit in general
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1425255774385.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	82.6 KB 
ID:	164692  

Quote Originally Posted by scootdog View Post
    Any info on if alpine is going to open high T or high beav Monday?
    Did Beaver/Estelle not open today?
    ((. The joy I get from skiing...
    .))
    ((. That's worth living for.
    .))

I heard the wood has a new access policy. If you can go left off the top of 4 it is now fair game. Responsibility lies in your ... They can only limit your ability to get out of bounds. In Pali they can also keep you from hiking to the ridge and the closed signs STILL apply until flipped. Pali has flip signs. 4 is fair game. Closed signs on 4 are for show only (not the ones at the cirque). Closed FLIP signs in Pali gets you in trouble. Was real fun but better yesterday. Great to ski full days again.
    I'm cool with this, as long as you Kirkwood Bro Brah's stay away from Heavenly when 88 closes- TahoeBc

Quote Originally Posted by thefrush View Post
    No. At least not by 2pm.

Jeezo ….. you'd think you guys haven't seen fresh snow in 4 years or something …….

Quote Originally Posted by thefrush View Post
    According to website no. But first-hand beta would be mucho appreciated.

Single digit (As in the number of times I have had pow in 14/15) powder days make me sad!
    Last edited by NakedShorts; 03-02-2015 at 12:12 PM.
    I'm cool with this, as long as you Kirkwood Bro Brah's stay away from Heavenly when 88 closes- TahoeBc

Quote Originally Posted by NakedShorts View Post
    Single digit powder days make me sad
    Any pow is better than NO pow. Especially this year...or last 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Jeezo ….. you'd think you guys haven't seen fresh snow in 4 years or something …….
    Or something

I has a similar thought as I was actually satiated skiing 25 degree boot deep pow on a closed groomer

Quote Originally Posted by NakedShorts View Post
    I heard the wood has a new access policy. If you can go left off the top of 4 it is now fair game. Responsibility lies in your ... They can only limit your ability to get out of bounds. In Pali they can also keep you from hiking to the ridge and the closed signs STILL apply until flipped. Pali has flip signs. 4 is fair game. Closed signs on 4 are for show only (not the ones at the cirque). Closed FLIP signs in Pali gets you in trouble. Was real fun but better yesterday. Great to ski full days again.
    Technically, their new policy requires you to exit through specific gates. Although, they have failed to install said gates. So it is kind of an open boundary. They can keep you from leaving off of 4 by closing access to the left as you get off the chair, with a short rope line under the chair than ends with a "no uphill hiking" that keeps you from accessing the wave. They do this on occasion when there are wind/ white out conditions.

Basically, if you can reach a boundary, you can cross it.

I think they do have a gate installed for access to Red Cliffs via high whiskey.

Had plenty of fun today even if it was better yesterday. Skied Thunder Right and Avy Bowl, which is basically Martin Point left. Thunder was pretty wind effected until in the trees effected.

Took a few pics of Thunder proper. V Tree looks super human, and te top entrance looks extra spicy. The bench entrance to the middle has at least two exits. One is a bit of a spinet thing that slides into a chute. The far left boogie chute (basically getting you over by te V runout) goes as well. A few of the other bottom chits don't look filled in enough and one has a fat ice fall. I'll try to post a pic by then.

I imagine the spur exit is extra fun. I checked out one hit on Vista today that I tend to like. Typically it is in the 6-10' range. It was well over 20' today. It is still pretty damn low tide out there.

Quote Originally Posted by scootdog View Post
    According to website no. But first-hand beta would be mucho appreciated.
    I rode a lift with a patrol who checked out Beaver and Estelle this morning. He said the top of both's snow was blown out by the East wind and the entries were sketch. He also said there was still no skiable way out of Estelle and he had to skin out and the others with him had to boot pack and were flailing in the unconsolidated snow.

^^^Second this. Skied lower beaver around 9:30am this morning and although just off the traverse, there was some good turns to be had, the bottom half (past the dam) was a bit "tricky".... Bushes, rocks, and a nice creek to cross at the bottom. East wind promptly scraped the snow off anything facing east so gotta believe top of beaver is a titled ice rink.
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

Kirkwood, Palisades Saturday, fun fluffy light pow, low tide, burnt to the ground... say, any threads around about replacing blown out edges? About 3 inches, and some base and core. Asking for a friend. Still skis ok, after removing the hanging edge and melting in some base material as a patch. Had so much fun, I'm not even mad.
    10/01/2012 Site was upgraded to 300 baud.

nothing sad or single digit about today.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	carson-dawn-patrol-035.jpg 
Views:	689 
Size:	392.5 KB 
ID:	164700  
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

yesterday was fun!

folks might want to note the avi center forecast of variable pwl and potential increasing hazard: http://sierraavalanchecenter.org/advisory#null

Snowing pretty hard in Playa del Rey.

Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

North facing trees off of grouse were good yesterday. South mellow aspects were also decent. The due east aspects off of High T looked scoured. Lots of people skiing around Sherwood. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1425317475.854432.jpg 
Views:	240 
Size:	167.4 KB 
ID:	164706 buddies car by Sunday AM

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1425317493.582969.jpg 
Views:	240 
Size:	185.1 KB 
ID:	164707

So much powder last weekend! I finally feel like my old self this morning with exhausted legs and a refreshed mind. I finally remembered how to ski well by the end of the day yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1425247752.426934.jpg 
Views:	399 
Size:	667.6 KB 
ID:	164690
    Squaw was deep today... Maybe too deep considering the last foot of snow was much heavier. Once you were under it you'd sink through the blower underneath and had little chance of resurfacing. Steeper skiing was fun and easy while the lower angle stuff you had to tail gun and try to hang on and not get stuck. They spun granite and headwall not long after opening.
    I don't have much to add. ^^^ pretty much sums it up. The new snow would sluff off of some of the steep, icy pitches so you could scrape down to the ice. But on most of the mountain, steeper pitches were fun but you had to be careful not to get stuck on the run-outs.

Pulled the binders out of one of my skis on mountain run... but it was at 3:45 after the best day of the year, so I couldn't be too pissed

Got some fun runs on headwall as well after it opened on Sunday. People were hucking, which was pretty brave as there were definitely a lot of rocks hidden just under the surface. Everyone was talking coreshots on the lift all weekend.

So, there is that spine thing to chute fall line from the big tree. Runout looked peppery. Or the far skiers right boogie. Or that ice fall, but I think that is somewhat large, and I never got a angle to see how vertical or horizontal it was.