Page 43 of 106 FirstFirst ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 2628
    Quote Originally Posted by tahoearmada View Post
    How do you guys have time to complain so much?!? Weve been riding untracked snow for 2 weeks straight!
    Regarding the BC battle: people just need to be more courteous and more willing to share... As someone who skins and snowmobiles equal amounts I dont think the skinners have ANYTHING to complain about: there are countless places you can ski and not see or hear snowmobiles but on the flip side I dont know ANYWHERE you can snowmobile that people arent allowed to skin
    Ill be at rose tomorrow making noise since my legs are beat, I always carry a rope if anyone needs/wants a tow!
    Skiing's been great. I just had to clean the house before family arrives (been too busy skiing to do it any other day!) so had a little extra time to kill. Feeling super jealous I'm not out there today too since it's snowing hard at lake level.

It's also an issue that matters to me as someone who uses friends' sleds, but will probably never buy one, and appreciates a calm, clean environment while doing human-powered pow play.

Courtesy goes a long way for sure. Calling the other side selfish idiots really just makes the inevitable compromise harder. I feel like reiterating that what Snowlands' lawsuit is forcing the Forest Circus (lots of acts under a big tent) to do is: develop a management plan for over snow vehicles where none existed before. The outcome of that plan and whether any group will have additional restrictions under it remains to be decided, but previously there was no mechanism to make that decision. I encourage everyone to stay involved; the more voices, the better the choices.
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

If anyone's got Dodge Ridge comp tickets from their SnowBomb pass they are not going to use I'll buy 'em. I only get a few comps to share with my friends. I'll give you $20 and pass them on to visiting friends and family.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Just curious, but where's Sinecure been? Haven't seen him post in some time.

Has anyone skied on Luther yet this year??

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    Just curious, but where's Sinecure been? Haven't seen him post in some time.
    He's around at Alpine as usual. Just not checking in here these days.

I've heard the snow on the north / west side is pretty heavy. How's the snow looking at K-wood today with the extra elevation? Trying to figure out where to go tomorrow since I was out sick today.
    Last edited by TahoeJ; 12-20-2014 at 04:00 PM.

It was heaveeee
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    Has anyone skied on Luther yet this year??
    Last weekend the parking was full. Today there were about 6 cars. I think saw shakyknees post something about it but he was being cryptic
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

snow up at the bowl was pretty meh today, thin rain crust all the way up, think and heavy below it. Fog and rime as well. Left before noon as it has been the only meh day in well over a week so chores were stacking up.
    Thinking about making some noise up by relay and maybe even going back to bronco to appreciate a calm clean environment could be good tomorrow, anyone up that way today care to chime in about srain crusts/ conditions?

@gimpy yep. it's doable. top is good but bottom not so much. last night/today probably helped. a couple rock gardens need mas nieve but smoother lines go fine.

The Casa report I heard today top half fun, bottom half so so, which is better than last weeks report of the first 12 turns where killer with free basegrinds the rest of the way. We stopped for about 60 seconds looked around and drove on. Snow was on the heavy side, but I found it skied fast and fun, thoroughly enjoyed today.

Faceshots happened at least for the tele skier in our group

shakyknees

Quote Originally Posted by LightRanger View Post
    That said, fuck Uber. The poster child of corporate assholedom for the modern age.
    Eh, I patronize lots of companies that I hate more than uber

Quote Originally Posted by LightRanger View Post
    P.S.- Saw you moved up recently. We should tour again. No excruciating leg pain this time.
    Absolutely man, hit me up!

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    It was heaveeee
    Good for shuttle road packing .

Lots of fresh. Nyom nyom nyom.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Definitely a strong warming event last night, as there was quite the difference in snow quality between yesterday and today. Breezy, foggy and fairly wet all day at Castle today. Heavy, wet snow with an upside down layering in the top foot.

Still it was a fun day out and good turns were to be had on the fatter skis.

Photo: Enginerd took of me.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1419130896.037468.jpg 
Views:	363 
Size:	764.7 KB 
ID:	161679

Quote Originally Posted by Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer View Post
    Definitely a strong warming event last night, as there was quite the difference in snow quality between yesterday and today. Breezy, foggy and fairly wet all day at Castle today. Heavy, wet snow with an upside down layering in the top foot.

Still it was a fun day out and good turns were to be had on the fatter skis.

Photo: Enginerd took of me.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1419130896.037468.jpg 
Views:	363 
Size:	764.7 KB 
ID:	161679
    Good info and good pic. Nice to see those super snowy trees!
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Today was a perfect Spatula day at Squaw.....even though i still got body slammed by a bump at the bottom of the Granite runout. I was in a cal trans orange jacket in case anyone was on the lift and got to laugh at me.

I still need to ski a few more days to get in shape for skiing.
    reply to rise above the spam.

Well that was one shitty run today on super saturated snow. It was raining this morning at our original target, reset to a place it was raining less but still really crappy, one and done, don't foresee it getting any better any time soon

TahoeBC thanks for verifying my suspicions. I skied at PH yesterday and regretted choosing it over CP (my partner was sketched by the storm & vetoed the wide-open). There is just not enough snow for the lower half to be anything other than survival skiing with the occasional real turn. It was also really heavy & getting heavier. At 8k today it was like 45 degrees--not awesome for ski conditions, but things sure will be consolidated when we finally get snow again.

I guess it's back to mountain biking in the Carson Valley on the perfect brown pow for a while...
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by climberevan View Post
    TahoeBC thanks for verifying my suspicions. I skied at PH yesterday and regretted choosing it over CP (my partner was sketched by the storm & vetoed the wide-open). There is just not enough snow for the lower half to be anything other than survival skiing with the occasional real turn. It was also really heavy & getting heavier. At 8k today it was like 45 degrees--not awesome for ski conditions, but things sure will be consolidated when we finally get snow again.

I guess it's back to mountain biking in the Carson Valley on the perfect brown pow for a while...
    Ditto! the biking is killer on the west side, auburn area, if you need a outta towner.
    I love my family. Kids are the best.
    http://www.praxisskis.com

WestCoastPDR Guest
    ^^^^. Carson valley? Pretty much anything under 7k feet in south lake is all time brown pow now.

Well, similar to the sentiments above, the snow turned further into complete mank overnight. It was on its way yesterday afternoon, but today as rough going.

Silver Peak shaded North aspects were extremely wet and had runnels. Snow was saturated all the way to the ground and turns were very heavy and slow. Basically it was a good workout breaking trail and that is about it.

Approach road in first 1/3rd is melting out fast.

Vets is offline Orange Mocha Frappuccino!
    A day of drizzle at KIrkwood...

However, I was happy with new PM Gear Hybrid Byas. They slarved through the manked potatoes like a serving spoon. The Lhasa-like tip really helps. Looking forward to trying them on winter snow when that season returns.

yeah too bad, made some runs and decided it would go to got off the hill with tendons and ligaments intact
    Like I told my last wife, I never drive faster than I can see, besides it's all in the reflexes.

Base building. Freeze hard this week pleasssse.
    I love my family. Kids are the best.
    http://www.praxisskis.com

Pretty gross lap off of 431 today. Don't see any weather trends contributing to improved conditions in the short term. Twas nice while it lasted...