J-Hole bike rental this weekend...

Wifie and I are coming out this weekend for a mini-cation. She's doing the Half Marathon. I'm Looking to do some singletrack and maybe mellow downhill. Any recommendations/hookups for bike rental for a day? We're staying out at the village.

I wouldn't mind meeting for a beer either if anyone is out & about. We're getting in tonight @ 7:45. After we grab our car & check in, prolly head over to the Moose if they're open.
    Gravity. It's the law.

i recommend the Pomelito at the Spur...menu
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

JH Sports right in Teton Village is probably the easiest since you are staying there-I think they rent Rocky Mtns
    The Hub in town also carries ibis, cannondale and transition so some fun stuff to try out.
    The dirt is great right now

Wedding party at the Moose. It was like a friggin J-Crew commercial. Good grief.

Place sure looks different with no snow...
    Gravity. It's the law.

Quote Originally Posted by baby bear View Post
    JH Sports right in Teton Village is probably the easiest since you are staying there-I think they rent Rocky Mtns
    The Hub in town also carries ibis, cannondale and transition so some fun stuff to try out.
    The dirt is great right now
    Thanks! Any need for bear spray at this time? Didn't really talk to anyone yet...
    Gravity. It's the law.

You might be okay if you're renting a trail bike, but I was not satisfied with renting from JH sports last year. I went through their entire fleet of Scott voltages and only found one that had brakes that didn't pull straight to the bar. I took that one out to the pass and then rode the village on Friday night. Around closing time I was having a beer near the Gondi and one of their employees came by and insisted on taking the bike back to do "overnight maintenance". When I returned the next morning before heading out to lithium they had sent my bike out with someone else and nothing was left that had functioning brakes. They tried to tell me that all brakes pull back to the bars. I called bullshit, so they tried bleeding the brakes but none of it helped. I ended up asking for credit for the rental and taking it to TVS to get a norco that was decent.

Next day I wanted to ride some XC out at cache creek and back around to snow king, so I went to wilson backcountry and got hooked up with a giant anthem that served me really well. They get my recommendation.

Quote Originally Posted by axebiker View Post
    Thanks! Any need for bear spray at this time? Didn't really talk to anyone yet...
    Depends on where you are going but I generally don't carry on the popular pass and in town trails. Of course they are out there but most of the main trails are well traveled enough that it's not much of an issue. If you plan on doing some deeper exploring, it can't hurt. Wd let you borrow one of ours so you don't have to buy, but we live in Rafter J which is on the other end of the valley from Teton vill so probably not worth the time.
    Have fun out there

if you end up in town tonight there's a pretty unique/edgy/hiphoppy art opening at the Pink Garter Theater next to the square, free- w/good dj and a cool bar [Rose] next door, good pizza place below [Pinky G's]- details.

there will also be a piece of road by the Square blocked off for a pedistrian art/culture event this evening: details.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    i recommend the Pomelito at the Spur...menu
    Having dinner @ the Spur right now.
    Gravity. It's the law.

Free Demos at Targhee today and tomorrow if you register for the Wydaho Rendezvous.

http://www.tetonbikefest.org/

I live in the Village and have a stockpile of bear spray if you want to borrow a canister. Let me know.

Thanks for the offer! Heading home (sadly) tomorrow though...all limbs intact, and no bite marks.

I'll miss this place. As usual.
    Gravity. It's the law.