Possible fishing trip spot

On a very famous central Idaho, 100 mile wilderness river in late September for nine days.

I thought I had someone lined up and they now have to work.

1) You must be chill.

Anyone who wants to brag about numbers of fish should probably stay home, too. Keeping track is ok it's just that this isn't a contest.

Be willing to run the raft for me to fish as well.

We drink and party on the river. Not to excess. Too often.

You will have to cook and help. This is a cost share, private trip. Estimated around $350 to $450 depending on if we fly stuff in.

We don't have to fill the spot and won't know for sure until late next week. For someone with some flexibility in their schedule this is an awesome opportunity to see an incredible river.

See number one above.
    Quote Originally Posted by skuba View Post
    you can let it free and be as stupid as possible

Thread Killer
    I would like to see your point of view but I can't get my head that far up your ass.

that sounds fun!
    Its not that I suck at spelling, its that I just don't care

In case it wasn't obvious this is on the Middle Fork of the Salmon. Hey AK - It was fun last year and it rained the whole time and despite less than totally clear water I still caught the biggest fish I have ever landed out there. Weather looks better this year on the long range forecast.

Thread Killer
    I would like to see your point of view but I can't get my head that far up your ass.

fuck I wish I could do this.

Wish I could get 9 days off.

Sorry for the short notice on this. I knew that some of you would know what's up and realize the awesomeness. I was not trying to tease.
    I have done solo before and I will again. I just thought this would be a shame when several others are going to run my boat empty.
    Current roster is six counting me and two more possible. There is a fellow from NorCal trying to figure out the dates off right now, so this spot might be filled.

Thread Killer

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    been 8 years since then a young pup and i rowed the midfs on a late sept cast n blast trip.
    missin a main fk w/ the same crew invite this next weekend cause moms in town
    i don't count much be it fish, ski days or $$$
    try n make them turns, casts and oar strokes count.
    don't drink too much anymore, haz marginal culinary skills much but ultra safe n chill is how i row.
    Waitin to hear back on a previous commitment, but could and would be stoked 2 make it happen.
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Well we pulled it off. Made a new friend from Boise. We hadn't met before and he didn't raft much and he had never held a fly rod before - his first fish was a 16 inch Bull. So the spot was filled but not until the last minute.
    And I got to do a fair amount of fishing too. Six of us so it was pretty chill and easy. We never launched before noon and made it to camp before dark every night. Started with four days of sunny and 70. A couple nights of rain with only ten or twenty minutes of light rain on the river the whole week. Two hot springs and lots of fish. I think I will be going later in September next year - like the 26th or 27th.
    Pics are:
    #1) Small rock garden typical of the upper river. This one caught Brent for just a couple minutes. Simon kayaked the whole thing just for a giggle. An Aussie living in Kenya out for adventure. Met him bicycling from Montana to Idaho and he joined last minute.
    #2) Trail Flat. Rocking breakfast 15 feet from the springs. There is a less rocky camp up on the ledge above but I prefer to stagger around on the rocks than carry stuff up a hill.
    #3) Little Soldier camp early am.
    #4) Matt with one of the many Bulls he caught. After the trip he said " I think I caught more fish this week than the last three or four years combined." While admitting he doesn't get out enough, but who does?
    #5) Still some whitewater to be paid attention to. Cove Creek or the remnants of Tappan 2 rapid and just below.

Hope you make it some year.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MF14-2009.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	1.98 MB 
ID:	159315Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MF14-2019.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	1.93 MB 
ID:	159316Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MF14-2028.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	1.53 MB 
ID:	159317Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MF14-2066.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	159318Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MF14-2073.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	1.46 MB 
ID:	159319

Thread Killer

looks like an awesome trip....I wanna get on the salmon one of these years

Nice trip.

Pic 4 is a northern pikeminnow.

That looks like a great trip. I would love to get my wife away from her job for a week like this.
    A woman reported to police at 6:30 p.m. that she was being "smart-mouthed."