6 years later, time for some new skis!

I've had the same skis since 2008.

I pretty much only tour (or ski inbounds w my 6yo). 20 days a year.
    --Skis are K2 Mt. Bakers.
    --Mounted Dukes for a couple years, switched to dynafit tlt's a couple years ago.
    --Dynafit boots, the zzero u-tf(red ones, super soft). Got a new pair last year, same boots!
    --mostly ski in the sierra and wasatch (and tetons).
    --(have some bent chetlers for the occasional powder day - these are way too much ski for me, i won them at a ski movie! fun on the one day i've used them).
    --price isn't a huge issue(because i average the cost over 6 years!)

I love my Mt. Bakers, want a ski that's maybe a little wider underfoot (~100?) but similar in weight and performance. I'll mount the dynafits on these obv.

I'm a total noob when it comes to gear, I can't keep up with you kids and your new-fangled gadgets!!!

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Wailer 99 pure
    BD Convert
    Praxis Backcountry

^^^ Those.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

K2 coomba have been a good all around option for MANY years

just about everyone makes a light, 100mm ski, with rocker. should not be that hard to find one?

Buy my GPOs
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

Quote Originally Posted by JAREDS View Post
    I love my Mt. Bakers, want a ski that's maybe a little wider underfoot (~100?) but similar in weight and performance. I'll mount the dynafits on these obv.
    It doesn't sound like you're much of a resort skier, but... I think you might benefit from a demo day. I don't get the sense that you ski a lot of different skis or many different widths. Going to a demo day lets you try lots of different skis all at once. You can try skis of various widths, geometries, materials, brands, etc.

Your Bakers are very good at one thing - climbing up volcanoes - but there's a lot of options out there. It's worth paying a few bucks to demo a variety of skis. Especially if you're gonna be stuck with them for 6 years.

Bakers or Baker Superlights?

Also check out the ON3P Steeple 102.

Money no object? DPS Wailer 99 Pure 3. Money kinda important, but your cash flow is good? Dynafit Denali. Cheap is more important than weight? Last year's K2 CoomBack

money no object, the 99 is still a shitty ski.
    volkl vwerks katana

Sent from my SCH-I500 using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    money no object, the 99 is still a shitty ski.
    Durability is a ???, but compared to other 100mm wide skis in its weight class?

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    volkl vwerks katana
    Too wide for what OP is looking for, but an awesome ski. They should do a V-Werks Nanuq.

6 years later, time for some new skis!

For resort skiing with your 6 y.o. just about anything should do (including repurposing the mt bakers with the dukes if you've still got them)
    So for a ~ 100 mm touring ski this year I'd check out the Dynafit Denali, g3 synapse, bd convert carbon.
    And while you're in the store check out some of the new touring boots too - IMO huge weight savings, ease of touring and range of motion advantages over what you've got now.

I do likes my Praxis BC's

Seriously, buy my GPOs.
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

I have a new pair of 190 Praxis BC's for sale at a solid discount. Sounds like they'd fit perfectly for what you're trying to do.

thanks everybody! was out of town, gonna read through everything and make a decision soon. thanks again!

Voile Vector should be on the list

New Coomback 104 looks nice

Update: ended up getting the coombacks, 177 at 104. Bought them from thebackcountry in truckee. The dude who helped me was named Aaron I think. Every time I go in there I talk to like 50 badass skiers who are employees. You can tell they're badass because they don't talk about how badass they are.

Thanks for the reccos!