Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The Lobstercam. Strangely mesmerizing.

Live from Halifax harbour, Lobstervision:
    http://www.novascotiawebcams.com/en/webcams/lobstercam/
    "... Enjoy yourselves, keep your brain in your head and your head firmly attached to your body, the body active and alive, and I promise you this much: I promise you this one sweet victory over our enemies, over those deskbound people with their hearts in a safe deposit box and their eyes hypnotized by desk calculators. I promise you this: you will outlive the bastards." – Edward Abbey

Support Hinterlandian backcountry skiing: wwhsta.org

One lobster dead or dying in the net and one scraping at the walls of the trap in a panic. It'd be better if they were having coffee while reading the morning paper.

That fish doesn't give a fuck.
    "...no hobby should either seek or need rational justification. To find reasons why it is useful or beneficial converts it at once from an avocation into an industry, lowers it at once to the ignominious category of an exercise undertaken for health, power or profit."
    -Aldo Leopold

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    One lobster dead or dying in the net and one scraping at the walls of the trap in a panic. It'd be better if they were having coffee while reading the morning paper.
    Frankly, I had similar thoughts. Makes me think twice about eating lobster again. Though I am sure that will pass.
    "... Enjoy yourselves, keep your brain in your head and your head firmly attached to your body, the body active and alive, and I promise you this much: I promise you this one sweet victory over our enemies, over those deskbound people with their hearts in a safe deposit box and their eyes hypnotized by desk calculators. I promise you this: you will outlive the bastards." – Edward Abbey

I'm enjoying it.

Food dies so I can eat it. I'm okay with that.

He just like, "I think I'll go over there. Hmmm. Well I think I'll go over there. Hmmm. Well I think I'll go over there. Hmmm."

I feel like that sometimes. Usually I bump into my liquor cabinet at one point or another and then I settle down a bit.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by flyandski365 View Post
    That fish doesn't give a fuck.
    Dunno - right now that fish seems to be saying "Alright guys, fun's over. Lemme out."

Whoah - big guy just snapped at the fish, who wisely skedaddled.

Lobsters are best not observed in their natural habitat. Seeing them move around makes you uncomfortably aware of how closely related they are to cockroaches (especially Caribbean lobsters, since they don't have claws). After diving in St. John it took me a while to feel OK about eating them again.
    Outlive the bastards - Ed Abbey

Quote Originally Posted by Pegleg View Post
    Lobsters are best not observed in their natural habitat. Seeing them move around makes you uncomfortably aware of how closely related they are to cockroaches (especially Caribbean lobsters, since they don't have claws). After diving in St. John it took me a while to feel OK about eating them again.
    What? Lobsters are no more related to Cockroaches than Crabs are to Ants. Insects =/ Crustaceans.

They seem resigned to their fate.

The one is sayin, dude give it up. I tried for days to get outta here. We are fukd.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    What? Lobsters are no more related to Cockroaches than Crabs are to Ants. Insects =/ Crustaceans.
    They're all arthropods, but that's about it. It would be like saying I'm not gonna eat beef because naked mole rats look like sausage covered in ballsack.

Seems like right now we've got one lobster trying to escape while the other is cam whoring with some upskirt action. The two fish are having some sort of conference.
    "...no hobby should either seek or need rational justification. To find reasons why it is useful or beneficial converts it at once from an avocation into an industry, lowers it at once to the ignominious category of an exercise undertaken for health, power or profit."
    -Aldo Leopold

Sounds like someone is running a sawsall now.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
    Sounds like someone is running a sawsall now.
    I was wondering about the noise. Was thinking propellers but you would think that would fade in and out.

Glad to see that they are using an old-school lobster trap. Anyone's dad ever cart one home from Maine on the family truckster?

Those wooden traps are heavy as fuck. As a kid I had a 10 trap license and would use whatever I could find used or washed up after a storm. I'd never bother dragging a wooden one home.

Wooden traps do make a sweet coffee table though

Seems like right now we've got one lobster trying to escape while the other is cam whoring with some upskirt action. The two fish are having some sort of conference.
    If they ever audition for someone to do the play by play, you da man.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    If they ever audition for someone to do the play by play, you da man.
    What can I say, it would be a big career move for me.
    -Aldo Leopold

What can I say, it would be a big career move for me.
    Hey, you never know... you could work your way up to the Westminster Dog Show?:

Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

This is how I like to see Lobstah

People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

I was gonna say the guy in the trap looks a bit steamed. But compared to that guy ^^^ he's cool as a cucumber.

The one thing I miss about living in Massachusetts is that I could take lobsters as a diver. They were a lot of fun to hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Pegleg View Post
    Anyone ever call you Debbie downer?

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    The one thing I miss about living in Massachusetts is that I could take lobsters as a diver. They were a lot of fun to hunt.
    We do that here in Fl as well. Different bug but still delicious.
    -Aldo Leopold

Watching a lobster in a trap is about as exciting as starring in the tank at Red Lobster, I don't sea food any different.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot