Pre-Road Trip TR(ie, Who Wants to Fish?!? SF Bay Area to Sandpoint, ID)

My parents usually spend some time in the Fall in Northern Idaho, and I'm heading up to see them in early September. Given the newly married status, and that my wife hasn't seen much of the west, we are going to drive it. Leaning towards driving to SLC, hitting Jackson Hole(so she sees the Tetons), heading up to Idaho through Montana, and coming back through Washington/Oregon, maybe hitting the Deschutes on the way home. Any must see/fish suggestions? We'd be happy to fish with anyone along the way that has the time, and supply beer and herbal supplement. TR obviously to follow...
    "Yo!! Brentley! Ya wanna get faded before work?"

hit me up when u get to sandpoint i live here and worked in our fly shop for a few years. ill take ya out to one of my spots if u want. but please know how to fucking cast.

PM Sent.
    "Yo!! Brentley! Ya wanna get faded before work?"

I would take you out up here in the Panhandle but that is Elk season so the rod will get dusty until I fill the freezer with delicious meat. The CF below Cabinet Gorge is fishing crazy good right now. Mice and streamers/nymphs during the day and PMD's the last couple hours of the day, some big fish live in there.

Lots of options if you're coming through Montana on your way up here. The Big Hole is probably right along your route if you're coming up I-15, if you want a little detour north before cutting over you could hit the Missouri. There's also some awesome spring creeks in the area if that's your thing. Depending on work I could possibly get out for a day somewhere around Sandpoint too.