Thread: devastator

devastator

Hey there people, just wondering what anyone with experience on devastators can tell me about their all around ability and butter ability!!

I can tell you to use the fucking search function because there is a thread discussing Devastators 10 threads below this new thread you started about them. JONG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

And prior to that, there was another thread that the person that started the thread 10 below never bothered to search for so they started a new thread....and so it goes... to infinity.
    Last edited by Timberridge; 08-26-2014 at 08:17 AM.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

If you wanna know how they ski park around Big Sky with no poles, you are on the wrong forum.
    God, it must be Fall already. I guess that's good.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by 406Powder View Post
    Hey there people, just wondering what anyone with experience on devastators can tell me about their all around ability and butter ability!!
    Post up some nekkid pics of your mom, then we will tell you about the butterability of these skis. That's how we roll on TGR.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

If a ski called the Devastator could be buttered at all, that would be disappointing.
    Also, if you can butter your skis much if any, your skis are too soft/short. Get a real pair of skis and learn to ski.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Post up some nekkid pics of your mom, then we will tell you about the butterability of these skis. That's how we roll on TGR.
    Why not just discuss the butterability of his mom? After we see the nekkid pics of course.

If a ski called the Devastator could be buttered at all, that would be disappointing.
    Also, if you can butter your skis...
    Can somebody explain to me why you would put butter on a ski anyway? To keep the snow from sticking to the topsheet?

They have to be slippery as hell to carry from the parking lot.

When I hear devastator, soft and buttery are the first traits that come to mind for sure. Also check out their new model, the noodle, which is a killer crud buster.

Jibbin's livin'!

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Can somebody explain to me why you would put butter on a ski anyway? To keep the snow from sticking to the topsheet?
    No, you put it on the bottom. It's faster than wax.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    No, you put it on the bottom. It's faster than wax.
    Thanks.

Looks like I'll need a new tool. Hopefully Tognar gets these in before winter,

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...erous-butterup

Thanks.

That's actually pretty damn sweet. Hard butter sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Thanks.

Definitely. Don't forget a good set of brushes too.

After some research I found these. They are highly recommended for buttering. And I really dig the metallic top sheet. Not sure what the radius is or the optimum mount point. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1409081936.090852.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	113.7 KB 
ID:	157765

Glad to see the ball bustin' back in full swing, and my ski deciding headaches have just started back up for the year... winter mustn't be to far off

Trying to decide between gunsmoke and devastator...

Butter sounds so much better than Pam.
    No longer stuck.

Butter sounds so much better than Pam.
    It had a bad rap for a while, but I think people began to discover the hydrogenated oleo substitutes were even worse.

I'm hopping on the butter bandwagon for the '14-15 season. See you guys at the bottom of the hill.

Quote Originally Posted by vailszendrei View Post
    Glad to see the ball bustin' back in full swing, and my ski deciding headaches have just started back up for the year... winter mustn't be to far off

i just went through the same debate lookin for an everyday for my brother. i went devastator cause he's cheap and i paid 270 for new fuckin skis. i should be able to work a mount that i can fit into as well, so hopefully i'll be able to chime in to this wonderful thread down the road aside from stating that i bet stuck skis w/ a fanny pack full of band-aids and cough drops.

copy cat

I'd go with the spray-on option: Less mess and it's a lot quicker.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	o-PARKAY-SPRAY-LAWSUIT-facebook.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	166.3 KB 
ID:	157865

Although I will acknowledge that it does not last as long as stick butter properly melting in...
    "I'm looking pretty good, don't you think?" - the other says "watching you ski is like watching a retarded monkey rollerblade on a gravel road"

www.majesticheliski.com

Quote Originally Posted by shroom View Post
    i just went through the same debate lookin for an everyday for my brother. i went devastator cause he's cheap and i paid 270 for new fuckin skis. i should be able to work a mount that i can fit into as well, so hopefully i'll be able to chime in to this wonderful thread down the road aside from stating that i bet stuck skis w/ a fanny pack full of band-aids and cough drops.
    Why, do you have that not so fresh feeling? Sore throat?
    No longer stuck.