Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6
    Probably is your ankles then. When you hit end range of motion do you feel a stretch in your achilles or pinching in the front of your ankle? For the former the best thing I have found is to load up a barbell with 95# or so, squat down to around parallel and lay that sucker across your knees. And sit there. For the latter google banded ankle distraction.

Quote Originally Posted by mcsquared View Post
    When you hit end range of motion do you feel a stretch in your achilles or pinching in the front of your ankle?
    not sure, seems equally bound up trying just now...i'll try to figure that out

thx to you both for my off-topic question

Quote Originally Posted by mcsquared View Post
    Couple reasons. First of all, people put more weight on the bar for quarter squats. More load=more risk. Second, peak shear forces at the knee occur between 0 and 60 degrees (http://fitnesspainfree.com/wp-conten...at-Swanson.jpg). When doing quarter or half squats this is the range when you are trying to actively stop the (heavier) weight. It is safer to ride it down past parallel and use the stretch reflex to bounce out of the hole and reduce the time you spend in that vulnerable position.
    Very interesting. Thanks for the reply.