polaroid cube ??? $99 ...

We, the RATBAGGERS, formally axcept our duty is to trigger avalaches on all skiers ...

Polaroid went bankrupt in 2001, but sold the name to Bank One. Another investor bought the name in 2006, then went to jail and the name was sold again in 2009... so it is really a totally different company, three times removed from the original, founded by Edwin Land.

More info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polaroid_Corporation

That thing looks very likely to succeed. At $99, everyone will get one... the new Russian dash cam is here.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Too clever by half for this thing.

The reason you have a mount shaped like a monkey is because you are trying to hide the fact that your camera is shitty. Notice how little actual footage is in the commercial.

GoPro wins at the end of the day because they produce the best results.

Not going to kill GoPro, that'll still be the high end choice, but I could see people going GSA, getting a bunch of (three for the price of one GP)... Cube cubed.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

I don't think they are targeting the GoPro market. Its not going to stand up like a GoPro. It doesn't look like it will have any of the frame rate options, and the still images are 6mb to the GoPro's 12 or 13 or what ever it is now. Going to try to compete solely on price. They'll do ok, but it won't be as ubiquitous as the GP. Its a cheap-o point-and-shoot of the action cam market.

Looks perfect for unicorn footage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Phildo_Baggins View Post
    GoPro wins at the end of the day because they produce the best results.
    Do you really think millions buy GoPro's to shoot footage that's edited, goes through post to look pretty and is actually viewed?

this looks like a different package, legit, version of the cheapo chinese cameras.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Do you really think millions buy GoPro's to shoot footage that's edited, goes through post to look pretty and is actually viewed?

this looks like a different package, legit, version of the cheapo chinese cameras.
    No, but you can get decent photos and video straight outta the GP. Even the footy that's been through post on this thing looks shitty.

On second thought, if I use one to film my skiing I can just blame the shitiness on the camera, and not on the lack of my sweet skillz.