Working in Ogden (NOW NSFW)

Possible job opportunity working in Ogden. Never been to the area
    before but the word is Utah gets some good snow. I'm not interested
    in living in Ogden so how far out in the sticks can I get and still
    keep the commute to downtown Ogden under an hour?

Priorities would be getting a place with at least 2 acres and being
    able to sled, dirtbike, 4wheeler, hunt, fish, MTB and ski right out my
    back door. This whole loading up the truck and driving to have fun
    thing is for the birds.

Is this doable?
    Last edited by Loon; 08-20-2014 at 06:40 AM. Reason: NSFW

Budget? Seems lime it should be possible for sure. Lots of open space just beyond ogden to the north, east, and west. Ogden is hardly a city though pretty rural. Some nice old homes too. Up n comer that ogden. Plus snowbasin passes are teh cheapz.

Like skidog said, what is your budget. Ogden is cheap as hell and I enjoyed hanging out there a few days. If you want to buy some real estate, contact MD9. He can give you the scoop on Ogden and the surrounding areas.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Check out Eden.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Budget? Seems lime it should be possible for sure. Lots of open space just beyond ogden to the north, east, and west.
    Well, the space to the West gets a little wet...

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Check out Eden.
    Liberty would be better for what you described.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Liberty would be better for what you described.
    Well, I was talking the whole valley up there. Bring a woman, though, and be happy entertaining yourself, cause ain't nothing going on up there, socially speaking.

You're close to lots of WMA's for Bird hunting, short drives to Elk and Muley country. If you bought a house up towards the bench you may be able to hunt out your back door if you are in Ogden, I know you can (archery) during Wasatch Extended Season in SLC.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Well, I was talking the whole valley up there. Bring a woman, though, and be happy entertaining yourself, cause ain't nothing going on up there, socially speaking.
    benny do you have a woman cause it sure seems like your social life consists of pretending to know everything non ski related on a skiing based web site?
    nttiatwwi
    got a bro with a nice old house on a couple acres buttin up to what is/was wolf mnt. can't remember the name of the nierborhood but plenty of lots cribs for sale there or huntsville sounds like about what yourelookin for
    hung out up on pineview last fri. bit of a shitshow but i'm sure once the water temps drop and the ogden valleys assortment of water craft get winterized it mellows out.
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Well, sounds like you live or spend time up there. How's the pickup scene? Away from the temple, I mean.

Bring a woman,
    Or two.

It's a nice area with a lot to offer and it's pretty dam cheap.

dude, pickup scene for geezers != "the pickup scene"

let's compare like values.

Would you prefer "hooking up", young man?

Budgie will be in the 250K range, I don't really want to spend more than that. Thanks for the help and to show my appreciation heres a naked girl picture for you savages.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	whitehat.JPG 
Views:	104 
Size:	82.7 KB 
ID:	157577

250k you should be able to score some nice digs up DAT Ogden way. Good luck. And yeah md9 (I think) does lots of restos in Ogden and does quality work. Owns the bar alleged too if I'm thinking of the right screen name. He would be a great resource.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    And yeah md9 (I think) does lots of restos in Ogden and does quality work. Owns the bar alleged too if I'm thinking of the right screen name. He would be a great resource.
    Yep a great maggot, RE Agent, bar owner and skier. Definitely talk to him if you are moving that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Yep a great maggot, RE Agent, bar owner and skier. Definitely talk to him if you are moving that way.
    I reached out to him Via FB...maybe he will chime in here in the thread now. He just finished a BEAUTIFUL resto...he does amazing work.

And skier??? Dude HUCKS HIS MEAT...... im sure he'd show you round Snowbasin too...you need a good local to get you to the goods at that place. I been there a dozen or so times and still feel totally lost. When theres 15" of fresh in LCC/BCC and only 10" at the basin....if i can make it..Basin wins...untracked all day up there usually.

Again good luck.

On the plus side, Ogden is the SLC town closest to Idaho (which is where most folks from the SLC area do their hunting and fishing). Just be aware that if you move out into the real boonies to save money that momo farm communities tend to be rather insular, to put it mildly. Aside from "bringing a woman", you'd probably need to pack some friends, buddies and social life in general. Probably be happiest paying extra to live up somewhere around the reservoir, like others said, where you can meet like minded folks.
    Last edited by neckdeep; 08-20-2014 at 08:20 AM.

You'll probably be hard pressed to find a house with a couple of acres for under 300k in the upper valley. For that you'll probably have to push further out (Morgan county, Box Elder county).

Mind me asking where you may be working? I know there are a couple of large outdoor brands moving to town.

Working in Ogden

Lets just say I would be working in a federal building downtown somewhere. Thanks for the help mags, will reach out to MD9 if things pan out.

How is traffic on 84 and 15 during peak season and off season?
    Last edited by Loon; 08-20-2014 at 09:42 PM.