Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    First Ascent guide gloves, real dexterous ( pittards leather), warm and low profile. Best gloves I've ever had. They run a bit small though. Length is a little shorter in fingers than sa BD kingpins, which I like. FWIW-

Quote Originally Posted by James Dee View Post
    cause I'm old now at almost 31.
    Wait... I only got three more good years left? Shit

Quote Originally Posted by James Dee View Post

As far as sizing goes Hestra sizes by foot size. If you wear a 9 shoes try a 9 glove and so on
    LOL WUT?!

You know you're supposed to wear gloves on your hands right?

The Hestra sizing numbers are based on the perimeter of your hand in inches.

Wait gloves are for your hands? Lol! I'm just passing on the stupid shit I've heard around the way, apparently adding to the stupidity, hand circumference makes a bit more sense.

I was gonna repost that in the gaper quote of the week thread. Lol

I'm going to be in the minority, but I never liked how the Hestras fit. I bought two pairs on SAC and sold them after trying them on.
    Dakine Commanders are my current favorite glove. Gore tex, leather, and a wool liner.
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

Hestra VC, Hestra Seth, Hestra Seth 3 finger, Dakine Bronco - current under glove quiver

^^^2nd the hestra seth pro model, I also love my BD legend!

Quote Originally Posted by shirk View Post
    Hestra Army Leather Wool.

http://hestragloves.com/en-us/gloves...-leather-wool/

Nice full leather glove with a wool liner you can remove. Pull out the liner at the end of the day to dry them out, if the liner gets stinky from some sweat you can wash it but being wool it won't get stinky like a synthetic. When the liner wears out it's easy to replace.

The full leather outer shell you can snowseal the crap out of it and it will bead water. Keep applying snowseal every couple weeks and they'll last a long time.

Outseam construction that if they do blow a stitch they can easily be fixed. Also the outseams are more comfortable on the grip.

Yes I work for Hestra so I am biased.
    Since you're a shill for Hestra and use the Army Wool when you have pick of the litter, I feel good about nabbing these. I am a recent convert to under-the-cuff (13-14) and put about 40 days on this glove.
    Always looking for something better, but this was damn good. Needs to be oiled/waxed frequently, especially on cold days. Would like it better if it had a gore-tex layer like some of the others of this brand.

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    How is the fit with the Hestra vc's? My hands measure 9-3/8"circ and 7-3/4"length. Do they run big because I don't want to be swimming in a 10?

9.25” x 8.5” hand and I’m in an 11 and it’s still snug. Also the throat is kinda tight. If you or the glove is damp (which you wouldn’t be if you practice not falling down) they can be hassle to re-mount. I cut 50% of the threads holding the wide elastic in the cuff. I also cut the the velcro power strap off because is was redundant.

Still go for my Swany all leather gauntlet on deep days though. Like the cinch at both the wrist and gauntlet end.
    ​I am not in your hurry

Surprising that you dislike the fit of hestras.

I'll hop in and say that I absolutely love my vertical cut freeride gloves from hestra. Probably 200+ days on them and the leather still has no rips or tears in it. Padding/loft has decreased, but if expect as much with a glove used as much as they have. Also, I love the neoprene cuff.

I would note that in my experience, hestra gloves require a bit more in their break-in Period than other gloves.

Quote Originally Posted by Gepeto View Post
    Since you're a shill for Hestra and use the Army Wool when you have pick of the litter, I feel good about nabbing these. I am a recent convert to under-the-cuff (13-14) and put about 40 days on this glove.
    Always looking for something better, but this was damn good. Needs to be oiled/waxed frequently, especially on cold days. Would like it better if it had a gore-tex layer like some of the others of this brand.
    The Army Wool is my recommendation for under cuff. My personal glove choice from the whole litter is the Guide Glove. Basically the same glove but a slight over the cuff work style glove.

I handle all our pro sales here in Canada and the goto gloves for pro patrol can be summed up in three gloves. Guide Glove, Army Leather Wool, and Heli Glove. If we had a complete full leather long guantlet glove it would replace the Heli as the pro choice.

The full leather gloves you'll get a longer life and better weather resistance with constant oil/waxing of the gloves. I've got patrol in Whistler that balm their gloves once a week and they'll bead water in the rain. Only takes a minute to slather on the snowseal/blam in the morning before heading up the lifts.

Ability to remove the liner and allow both the liner and glove to properly dry every night is important. Also the ability to replace worn liner.

None of that is to say that gloves like the Vertical Cut aren't great, just some drawbacks vs a glove that is going to get used 5 days in a work situation. The glove of choice for most ski school guys is the Vertical Cut and Ergo Grip Freeride.

Undercuff ski glove recs?

I work on the snow all winter. I use Hestra Guide and Army Wool and they are both good, but I prefer Kinco 901 for everyday use. You can find them for $12-20/pair. Warm enough for most days, dry enough if you keep them treated, durable as hell fit me great, sweet cuff, cheap. I rotate several pair at work so I can usually have a dry pair if I soak one out. For me they are as good if not better than Hestra for 10% the price.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1408746208.178654.jpg 
Views:	238 
Size:	312.2 KB 
ID:	157638

Get these.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

older black diamond,over seven years on some of these with 100+ days a season and some slednecking and lots of digging:
    ( i think current BD are cheapened up to meet earnings per share quota after becoming pubicly traded company)
    mad max
    legends
    etc
    make sure that the male velcro side of whatever glove you buy is not on the glove but on the flap or else it will rip stitches from inside cuff of your jacket.
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

For the money, Stoic Paragons @ brocode pricing was the best dough I've ever spent on gloves @ $38 iirc. Fit even better than my previous 2 pairs of Hestras actually haha... Still going strong 3 seasons later too.

I also have a pair of Arc goretex vertical cut gloves w the removable fleece liner and they're awesome for really cold weather. (just like the Alpha SV but with an under the cuff wrist closure) The liners can dry in about ten minutes just being in the sun if you sweat them up and they keep your hands stupid warm. I got them for really cheap on GT tho, I'd never pay retail for them.

Hestras are nice too, but as the standard "good glove" they can be tough to find deals on and they almost get TOO supple once the full leather ones get 100% broken in IMO. Weird complaint I know.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Another vote for BD Legends. BD fits my hand better than Hestras so I stick with them. Have at least 500 days on my Legends right now and they are still going strong/dry.

Drop a grommet in the leather cuff bit. Biner hanger.

Quote Originally Posted by PlayItLeo View Post
    Hestra vertical cuts. Spendy, but oh so muthafucking dexterous.
    This and mine have lasted now 3 full seasons in Utah. They are not waterproof, but we dont get a lot of wet here so its never bothered me. Good for my below zero on the few days we get those temps here. dexterous as fuck...have had to seam seal just the thumb last season..still going strong. I think ill get another season out of em.

buy them.

I use Black Diamon Legend as well. Used them for more than a 100 days so far with merino wool liners. Expecting them to last another season with no problems.

Just received my brand new Hestra vertical cut freerides in the mail. These babies are so nice and dexterous as a motherfucker. And I got them for half price on moosejaw too. Can't wait for winter. Thanks for the input fellas. Much appreciated.

Enjoy that fucking dexterous warm badass glove...lather it up with balm

Meh...

Mine fell apart. Overrated. Too many needless seams and stitches.
    Last edited by ~mikey b; 09-04-2014 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by telemike View Post
    Meh...

Mine fell apart. Overrated. Too many needless seams and stitches.
    Mine have lasted 4 seasons, no problems...did you contact Hestra?

Been really happy with dakine cobra... Only glove that hasn't worn through my thumb and index finger in 1/2 season. Warm and not bulky.
    Anyway, my 2 cents.
    "Dad, I can huck that"