Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Touring boots for fat feet?!

Touring boots for fat feet?!

I think I just found the Holy Grail yesterday... Lange has a new touring boot with a 102 last... the XC-120. Finally something I can sink my fat f'n triple EEE foot into!!!

Tried them on along with the Cochise and it was no comparison... only $485 and I took them home.

Just posting so other sasquatch types can now ski pain free.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

also the older technica agent was shaped like a shoe box too.

but good to know about the lange

I've got older Agents and wear a punched out Cochise as my resort boot.

I wear EEEE width work boots.
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

Quote Originally Posted by Caucasian Asian View Post
    I've got older Agents and wear a punched out Cochise as my resort boot.

I wear EEEE width work boots.
    That's cool... It's just, I've punched out more boots than Chuck Connors in a Mexican Frye Boot factory... even had many "pros" try their best with orthotics, etc. Never seemed to fully do it for me. I even have shoulder issues from having to unbuckle/buckle after every run. Sadly this is one of the most promising events of my life, skiing-wise.

And I'm pretty sure you can put these on while they are in bindings still on the skis, RT3 style...

So basically a SX 120 with the sole and walk mode of an XT 130.

I will probably buy this. I am currently in an RS 130 Wide that has been punched out (100 wide), but is still to narrow for me. I was thinking about switching to a SX 120 for alpine, but I really like the walk mode of the XT series. I think this new boot will be a winner for me.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Scarpa Skookum & Typhoon have 104mm lasts, the Hurricane (Pro) and Mobe might too.

Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    Scarpa Skookum & Typhoon have 104mm lasts, the Hurricane (Pro) and Mobe might too.
    The Black Diamond Quadrant has a 103mm last although I think it may be more than that. I have wide, EE + and the Quandrant is definitely roomy.

When I first saw this thread I was gonna mention Mobes and Quadrants. But then I read the OP and saw that he found hi-vol boots and was letting people know about it.

But while I'm here, lemme just confirm: those Langes don't have tech fittings, right?

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    I think I just found the Holy Grail yesterday... Lange has a new touring boot with a 102 last... the XC-120. Finally something I can sink my fat f'n triple EEE foot into!!!

Tried them on along with the Cochise and it was no comparison... only $485 and I took them home.

Just posting so other sasquatch types can now ski pain free.

Dude try out the K2 Pinnacles! I was in a pair of 130s last year and they're fkn awesome. They come in a 102 last as well, intuitions, lange-like fit and they actually keep you dry and warm... Imagine that! Dry, warm feet!?!?? Crazy talk, I know.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

And a super heavy shell too!

Correct, as of now Lange does not have tech fittings in any of their boots.

Sounds promising.

The quadrant doesn't have enough instep room for me so I got to get the base board thingy ground down at some point. And while wide, it still isn't quite wide enough for my foot.

New Dynafit Radical boot has an advertized last of 104mm too now.

Quote Originally Posted by klauss View Post
    Sounds promising.

The quadrant doesn't have enough instep room for me so I got to get the base board thingy ground down at some point. And while wide, it still isn't quite wide enough for my foot.

Hmmm, Sasquatch feet I would say.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    When I first saw this thread I was gonna mention Mobes and Quadrants. But then I read the OP and saw that he found hi-vol boots and was letting people know about it.

But while I'm here, lemme just confirm: those Langes don't have tech fittings, right?
    No, but they have replaceable rubber soles so good for climbing. And yes, basically I was just posting as an FYI sort of thing. That and because I am officially fired up for ski season and it's still mid August.

Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    Dude try out the K2 Pinnacles! I was in a pair of 130s last year and they're fkn awesome. They come in a 102 last as well, intuitions, lange-like fit and they actually keep you dry and warm... Imagine that! Dry, warm feet!?!?? Crazy talk, I know.
    Those look a little too wild for a married man with kids... I mean I'm not sure I could pull off wearing those in the lodge, let alone the slopes...

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Oder View Post
    New Dynafit Radical boot has an advertized last of 104mm too now.
    Dynafit radical boot?
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

Quote Originally Posted by shafty85 View Post
    Dynafit radical boot?
    http://gear.powdermag.com/buyers-gui...t-radical.html

I am such a jong... never knew there were so many great touring boots for wide feet.

At least this thread may help the next generation of fat footed jongs...

They're like all for wide feet.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Wait... I thought someone wanted to know about the heel pocket?

I wore them around at lunch for no reason... WTF?! I have a pretty normal heel and only lifted 1/8 to 1/4" at the most. Seems fairly snug.

I weighed them, too, since their weight is no where to be found on Langes site, etc.

That's 5.14 lbs or 2331 grams for a 28.5 shell and stock liner. At $3/lb that's $15.42 per boot. Corn is $.75/ear, but the best ever... especially now.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC05983.jpg 
Views:	332 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	157615

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    That's 5.14 lbs or 2331 grams for a 28.5 shell and stock liner. At $3/lb that's $15.42 per boot. Corn is $.75/ear, but the best ever... especially now.
    If you get time, how much does the shell weigh without the liner?

wait for updating!

Quote Originally Posted by saxon View Post
    If you get time, how much does the shell weigh without the liner?
    I'll have to take it back over to my local farm stand/ski boot weigh station. No problem, tho....going there today anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    And a super heavy shell too!
    True, but I find it to be a great everyday boot. If it was much lighter, I doubt it would ski the way it does- which is fantastically BTW. Besides, if I'm heading out for some epic tour I just take my Sherpas. The Pinnacle is IMO the perfect patrol boot though with a set of CASTs. Stout enough for sled work, warm and dry, and allows for both LT & DIN sole without swapping and while it's not ideal for long tours, it's great for short uphill skins or hikes to get places asap if somebody's hurt.

It's still very far from perfect, but it's a hell of a start IMO.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Scott Cosmos has a 103.5 last, according to WildSnow. Never had a boot fit my wide boney forefoot as well as those. Love my Pinnacles too, but I feel they're more narrow than 102, as I had to get them punched to make them tolerable, and they're still tight (granted it's more of a performance boot anyways).