electric 15mm front wheel?

Just wanted to ask anyone about am electric front wheel options. Looking to drop this wheel at the end of the mnt bike ride, drive the truck/bikes/people to the start of the trail, and at the end of the ride swap wheels and power my way to get the truck back

so needs to be

29er, (but I can built the wheels as well)
    15mm hub
    easy to attach the "throttle"
    30km max range
    4000ft climb max range.

Is something like this doable? I would not need this to power me for the whole climb/ride back, but as an assist to speed up the truck recovery

That would be sweet for shuttling! Better than the shuttle buddy. I'd like it in 27.5

anyone going to fall bike shows? if you see anything please let me know

Hate to say it but you're going to need a TON of battery capacity to climb that kind of vertical (as in needing a trailer full of batteries), look into gasoline possibilities. Leaving a moped would be much cheaper.

OK, thanks

bummer, I liked the wheel only option, as storage is limited on the camper. But if it wont work, so be it.

Maybe you're not enamored enough with this idea to get too crazy, but a quick glance around the web reveals numerous sources for lithium ion 36V batteries at ~10Ah capacity, which should roughly double your output for an hour (360W at the battery before downstream losses). And a 36V/500W wheel on Amazon for a few bills, albeit 26" and almost certainly not 15 mm. But are you above slipping spacers onto the ends and making that fit? Obviously not as strong, but that becomes a question of how much strength you need for that ascent: are you planning to go up as fast as down? Anyway, I don't think you'd need a trailer, just a removable rack for that battery pack which you'd need to stash with the wheel or whatever. I don't know, seems workable to me, just depends on how bad you want it. The low end e-bikes I've played with were heavy, but mostly because they were cruisers; the batteries aren't all THAT heavy. And you could run two sets in parallel if you need to double the capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    anyone going to fall bike shows? if you see anything please let me know
    going to vegas, will see what I can find

did not see a front wheel option but ohm offers a rear wheel conversion. rode the 500 watt model on a fatty and it was cool but not something that would be easy to switch back and forth.

Thasnk for checking, The rear is 142mm and 11speed. I think technoligy needs to grow for a few more years.

Oh well

lots of interest in ebikes at the show, I think there will be lots of new stuff coming out in the next couple of years.