Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

'Smoke'. Unbelievable. Tony Stewart runs over irate driver.

As you may know, I'm a NASCAR fan. 'Smoke' (Tony Stewart) is under fire and supposedly is still racing tomorrow at Watkins Glen (I doubt it, really), even though he reportedly wrecked a driver in a dirt track sprint car race tonight (arguably whom was trying to wreck Stewart), and under that caution said driver got out of his car and was gesturing to Smoke. Reportedly, Stewart gunned it and fish tailed the back end of his car to run over this driver. If this is true, I'm speechless.

http://deadspin.com/reports-tony-ste...ing-1618893708

Craziest story in sports in a very, very long time.
    Last edited by guroo270; 08-10-2014 at 09:35 AM.
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

Dayum, no charges yet.
    watch out for snakes

Looks like it was right on that corner, they're hinting it's intentional to some degree then? Crazy just stepping out into the line of fire like that.

So he might have been trying to spray him with dirt or something perhaps and just fishtailed/drifted more than anticipated?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using TGR Forums

Reading the OP's link, sounds like Stewart also tried to destroy evidence.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

the whole thing is some fucked up shit
    holy fucking shitballs

Quote Originally Posted by legallyillegal View Post
    the whole thing is some fucked up shit
    Agreed. That was absolutely nuts. I doubt that video will be up long. Getting out of the car was just insane. But I'm pretty sure we just watched a murder...

worst thread title ever?
    nice work op, what a joke.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Sounds like Stewart is going to race today.....talk about poor taste. The more I watch that video the more I'm thinking Stewart will not be blamed for this: dude is wearing black at night intentionally walking into the race on a corner on a small tight track with a surface known for shitty traction. I know he was probably charged up and angry but damn man, stay in the fucking car with those conditions.

After watching the video a bunch and talking about it all morning, there is no way they can put all the blame on Stewart, but that should be obvious. Charging the car, black suit, night race... but supposedly Tony said something like "I was just trying to spray/scare him" over the radio. Crazy story.
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

Quote Originally Posted by guroo270 View Post
    After watching the video a bunch and talking about it all morning, there is no way they can put all the blame on Stewart, but that should be obvious. Charging the car, black suit, night race... but supposedly Tony said something like "I was just trying to spray/scare him" over the radio. Crazy story.
    Even if he was trying to spray him it looked like the rear end fishtailed to the left and away from the kid. It seems like the kid got too close and got hung up on the wing or something?

Another interesting fact I guess is that someone told me today that sprint cars have 3 brakes, one of which is missing from the back left wheel to help get them pitched in the corner and sideways, so it's been speculated that he was on the breaks resulting in the car to pitch sideways.

That was just awful.... Stupid to get of the car in those conditions and then to aggressively go at a car, sad.

This was 2 miles from my house... Crazy shit.

Obviously there's a lot of opinions being shared on this one.
    IMO Stewart saw him, but didn't mean to hit him... Tried to spray him most likely. The combination of speed and the kid moving around made Stewart get too close... He clipped him and the kid got caught under the car.

Terrible for everyone.

Sent from one of those fancy cellular telephones
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

Looks like he was steering away? Blue car looks to be in the way.

Manslaughter....not murder.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

TS is not totally at fault but he has to bear some of the responsibility.

Bad call to go racing today.

If Pete Rose got banned for betting, sounds like Tony should do time.
    watch out for snakes

If he was really "just trying to spray him" and skidded out to hit him in a predictable way (either through hitting the gas or the brakes) then you don't have to put "all the blame" on him for there to be criminal liability.... tragic.
    HTML Code:
    https://youtu.be/hhVylFtE2YE

Well at least nobody here jumps to conclusions or anything?

Get out of race car and go point at another one, ( on the tracks right hand side no less ) being young and dumb is no excuse to get run over but give me a fucking break.

IF,...if he really did destroy or hide tires/go pro that could hang him. Only TS knows if he actually got loose and was attempting to spray him. The whole thing is completely stupid and tragic for at least one family. I would wager TS is done in any form of racing guilty or not.

I still find it hard to believe he ran the guy over on purpose or that he even saw him. A sprint car has a huge blind spot on the right side because of the wing. Stewart was coming out of the turn with other cars and they weren't exactly crawling along. It looks like he had already made contact by the time he gunned it to avoid the kid. It all happened really fast. What a dumb decision by that kid, feel for his folks.

For the first time ever, NASCAR is interesting. They should encourage more of this.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

USAToday is reporting that Stewart will NOT race today.

spook Guest
    Either way, Stewart is a major dick.

Quote Originally Posted by spook View Post
    Either way, Stewart is a major dick.
    Well he is a NASCAR driver isn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    For the first time ever, NASCAR is interesting. They should encourage more of this.
    most fucked up post of the day.....

Quote Originally Posted by guroo270 View Post
    As you may know, I'm a NASCAR fan....
    I'm sorry.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

^^^^That was what I immediately thought. And ya, Stewart will get a slap on the wrist.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.